Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

On 11/10/2022 at 12:52, adejo92 said:

He needs to grow a pair and decide which side of the fence he's sitting.

One minute he's slating Rodgers, next minute he's describing him as an Elite manager.

Looks very much like he's trying to please both sides to further his own popularity.

i don't think it's so much his popularity but he is also employed by Radio Leicester and eventually they were always going to have a word.

There is absolutely no way he says anything bad about Rodgers if he wasn't leaving. I don't know anyone who's ever got away with saying anything derogatory about anyone at the club whilst working for Radio Leicester to be honest. I know for a fact Alan Young got called in just for an off the cuff remark about the owners not knowing anything about football.

I'm not one going after Top but there's no way fans shouldn't be at least asking questions. The fans want what is best for the club and don't want to see all the hard undone with us back in the Championship. Even if he doesn't want to sack him, we should have had way more correspondence than some programme notes probably typed by someone else.

It’s poor to call in to question Top & the board over this. We have no idea what obligations, constraints, or other decisive factors are in play here.

I happen to believe that Rodgers’ tenure has run its course, & that a change in management could reinvent the team. But there could be any number of compelling reasons why he remains in place at this moment in time.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bablemikey said:

It’s poor to call in to question Top & the board over this. We have no idea what obligations, constraints, or other decisive factors are in play here.

I happen to believe that Rodgers’ tenure has run its course, & that a change in management could reinvent the team. But there could be any number of compelling reasons why he remains in place at this moment in time.

Not really. Shit at job = sack. Much as the rest of the working population.

If he can spunk £100m on a new Island, he can sack Rodgers.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bablemikey said:

There isn’t one salient obligation or constraint that should trump the imminent sinking of the football club. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Not really. Shit at job = sack. Much as the rest of the working population.

Except that is not reality. Sacking somebody in a normal job is (quite rightly) a lot of effort for the employer.

Is Rodgers shit at his job anyway. He would argue the Chairman has done a crap job of getting him the tools for the job. Overall is track record is pretty decent.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Top despite owning Leicester City will never love the club like each of us fans. Fact. Kingpower bought the club for their own needs. Granted he won’t want us to be relegated, but if any of us had his level of personal wealth we’d take the hit to sack Rodgers for the good of the club. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ourla said:

Except that is not reality. Sacking somebody in a normal job is (quite rightly) a lot of effort for the employer.

Is Rodgers shit at his job anyway. He would argue the Chairman has done a crap job of getting him the tools for the job. Overall is track record is pretty decent.

If you believe that then you will believe anything Rodgers tells you.

Does our Squad look like relegation fodder to you?

Is it not the majority of the squad that finished 5th, 5th and 8th?

Ask Liverpool and Celtic fans what they thought of Rodgers after 2 years in the job. His track record isn't all that.

• Like 1

We are all so deep in this mire it’s hard to see now beyond hopelessness. Of course we’re gonna start questioning everything and everyone and why wouldn’t we in the absence of factual information from the club other than what Top said in his program notes. If this stalemate goes on fans will start to rally around the KP demanding answers (a la Newcastle style).

We aren’t hovering close to the danger zone like villa we are knee deep in it with no signs we’re coming out other than the forest result. If we are to drag ourselves out of this it’s going to take the effort of EVERYONE to pull together. Everton did it last season for eg. It can be done but the owners have to be more transparent with us fans. We love them but they have to be honest whether it’s good news or bad news. It’s called TRUST!

25 minutes ago, StanSP said:

So Top and Co have actually tried to get Rodgers gone, according to @Blanchflower78, but Rodgers wants full money as severance. 

Surely, if true, as soon as you have that conversation you’re getting a less committed manager than you already had. Not sure who that works for?

Sounds like nonsense to me.

1 minute ago, Stevosevic said:

Surely, if true, as soon as you have that conversation you’re getting a less committed manager than you already had. Not sure who that works for?

I agree. Don't think it's nonsense and I think there were talks though. 

4 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

He hasn’t looked committed for ages 

he is simply on automatic pilot now 

he can’t bail out completely as he has his professional reputation to protect 😂

and this is professional sport

brendan knows which way the wind blows if you don’t perform. 
im sure it’s normal to address severance ahead of getting to the point where you’re going to pull the trigger. You need to know what your budget is moving forward and a few million here or there is relevant. Brendan’s reps would be handling any ‘negotiations’ and our request to settle below his contractual entitlement wouldn’t be a surprise to them.  

Edited by st albans fox

29 minutes ago, StanSP said:

So Top and Co have actually tried to get Rodgers gone, according to @Blanchflower78, but Rodgers wants full money as severance. 

If its genuinely got to that stage then his job is untenable, no way we persevere with him. He'd be sacked and they'd thrash the terms out, however long it takes.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If its genuinely got to that stage then his job is untenable, no way we persevere with him. He'd be sacked and they'd thrash the terms out, however long it takes.

The terms of his severance will be in his legally binding contract. As I have said before, Rodgers is a very astute businessman and he will expect LCFC to honour that contract . There would be legal action if they don't and that would be extremely bad publicity for the club.

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

The terms of his severance will be in his legally binding contract. As I have said before, Rodgers is a very astute businessman and he will expect LCFC to honour that contract . There would be legal action if they don't and that would be extremely bad publicity for the club.

Shows how amateur Top is then if this is all true.

55 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

If you believe that then you will believe anything Rodgers tells you.

Does our Squad look like relegation fodder to you?

Is it not the majority of the squad that finished 5th, 5th and 8th?

Ask Liverpool and Celtic fans what they thought of Rodgers after 2 years in the job. His track record isn't all that.

Do you think Klopp should be sacked? I would say our dip in form is similar to theirs.

How many Managers in the Prem do you think would come to Leicester and are better than Rodgers?

Listen, I am not beholden to keeping Rodgers. Like most people I am wondering if is heart is truly in it, whether he's run out of puff, whether we should have actually got CL two seasons ago and he is actually not all that. But I have also seen plenty of Chairman/Owners make knee jerk reactions and end up no better off and also some managers come out of a tough spell and prove themselves (Moyes at West Ham springs to mind). I just don't think it's all clear cut.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, StanSP said:

So he wants the terms of his contract honoured? Hardly surprising and not unreasonable.

If it were true that the club were asking him to leave on the cheap though, that would raise questions about either the club's financial health or the acumen of the people in charge.

Probably not true though tbh, for those very reasons.