Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

54 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

The terms of his severance will be in his legally binding contract. As I have said before, Rodgers is a very astute businessman and he will expect LCFC to honour that contract . There would be legal action if they don't and that would be extremely bad publicity for the club.

Terms of severance are regularly negotiated but as I've repeatedly said, nearly all managers contracts have a notice period which is usually around a year's salary that is due if no negotiation is entered or settled.

I suppose we could have deviated from this and owe him a shit load but I'd be very surprised we'd agree to a release clause which he most certainly had in his 1st contract, he admitted as such and often the release clause is never usually less than the severance, often similar or more. The media have also alluded to it costing us about £10m to pay him off.

The reason there's often negotiation on the severance is because of the probability of working again sooner than the severance covers the manager for and therefore some managers agree to a lower amount if they take a new job before then. Some clubs are very aggressive at this sort of negotiation and in the end they get it on their own terms.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ourla said:

Do you think Klopp should be sacked? I would say our dip in form is similar to theirs.

How many Managers in the Prem do you think would come to Leicester and are better than Rodgers?

Listen, I am not beholden to keeping Rodgers. Like most people I am wondering if is heart is truly in it, whether he's run out of puff, whether we should have actually got CL two seasons ago and he is actually not all that. But I have also seen plenty of Chairman/Owners make knee jerk reactions and end up no better off and also some managers come out of a tough spell and prove themselves (Moyes at West Ham springs to mind). I just don't think it's all clear cut.

How many managers ...

Well, every manager bar one that Rodgers has come up against so far this season has bested him, and you'd be hard pressed to think of any that would perform worse than him.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, ourla said:

Do you think Klopp should be sacked? I would say our dip in form is similar to theirs.

How many Managers in the Prem do you think would come to Leicester and are better than Rodgers?

Listen, I am not beholden to keeping Rodgers. Like most people I am wondering if is heart is truly in it, whether he's run out of puff, whether we should have actually got CL two seasons ago and he is actually not all that. But I have also seen plenty of Chairman/Owners make knee jerk reactions and end up no better off and also some managers come out of a tough spell and prove themselves (Moyes at West Ham springs to mind). I just don't think it's all clear cut.

Interestingly Jurgen Klopp is the only manager in recent years who's been at a club for 3+ years and had a horror spell (2020/21) and turned it around. They were electric in that final run of games in 2020/21 and then last season as good as they've ever been but did then start to show some worrying signs of decline in the final weeks. They've taken that in to this season and although I would back Klopp to still be able to effect and influence his squad, he might be tailing off at just how excellent he's been.

Rodgers will not turn it around here, he's systematically put paid to any hope of that.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Interestingly Jurgen Klopp is the only manager in recent years who's been at a club for 3+ years and had a horror spell (2020/21) and turned it around. They were electric in that final run of games in 2020/21 and then last season as good as they've ever been but did then start to show some worrying signs of decline in the final weeks. They've taken that in to this season and although I would back Klopp to still be able to effect and influence his squad, he might be tailing off at just how excellent he's been.

Rodgers will not turn it around here, he's systematically put paid to any hope of that.

You have to take into account the number of Games Liverpool has played in the last few seasons, Most of which were must win games as they were competing at the top end.

I watched the Arsenal v pool game on Sunday. They were organised aggressive and entertering to watch, Yes they lost the game but in the way Fans can accept. They have no devine right to win every game but they mostly do. On Sunday they were done by small margins. That's Football.

None of these things you can equate to us at the momment. We're losing too many games and by big margins.

We don't compete aggressively and give up too easily. Partly because we don't have the players to do so.

We're certainly not entertaining to watch.

So is it any wonder Fans are questioning what's going on. Or questioning what's gone wrong in 2 years, And who is responsible.

• Like 3

Guest Chocolate Teapot
21 hours ago, StanSP said:

So Top and Co have actually tried to get Rodgers gone, according to @Blanchflower78, but Rodgers wants full money as severance. 

I've heard this too.

2 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I've heard this too.

Any idea what "full money" is that he's after? is it roughly a years salary as a payoff or is he after something much higher than that? If it's a few mill difference  then Top needs to put his hand in his back pocket and get it done. We can't keep a manager on who knows the owners no longer back him and want him gone (if true)

• Like 1

Most clubs don't usually waste any time in sacking managers, perhaps too soon!!

But it's utterly bizarre that we won't get rid of ours!! The fans are being totally disregarded and we are a laughing stock in this country now. I wish Top and Rodgers would f**k off out of our club.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, turlo said:

Any idea what "full money" is that he's after? is it roughly a years salary as a payoff or is he after something much higher than that? If it's a few mill difference  then Top needs to put his hand in his back pocket and get it done. We can't keep a manager on who knows the owners no longer back him and want him gone (if true)

Isn’t he basically entitled to basically £20 million more or less based on how long he has left on his contract? 

i’ve been taking time to reflect on my feelings for top and I think i’ve sussed out exactly what’s going on. I think that he is well aware that Brendan is done here, but I think for him it is imperative that the next man is the right person to take us forward. I think what we are seeing isn’t blind loyalty and it also isn’t about money. 

With Puel, the club had been scouring the market for a replacement long before things even went wrong. We had discussions with Rodgers way in advance of when the move actually happened and it was only when rodgers let us know he’d move earlier that we made the move.

I genuinely think that what is actually happening is that the club have their man. But that man, is going to the world cup. I think we have 2 scenarios, the first is that Brendan takes the club until the break and is let go. The second is that somehow, he turns this all around and the club perhaps change their stance. 

I also think that the person who is likely to come in, is the Denmark manager.  We all remember a little trip Top took to visit nice, perhaps he was going to have a little conversation about this coach with a trusted person who knows him well. 

The other indicator could be the new set piece coach. A highly respected professional from denmark …. who was begrudgingly accepted by Rodgers. 

im calling it now…. this is our move 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Isn’t he basically entitled to basically £20 million more or less based on how long he has left on his contract? 

Not sure but the payoffs received by many other EPL managers sacked in recent years worked out as 1 year of their salary (10 mill ish in Rodgers case). Whether 1 year is the standard going rate written in to their contracts or an agreed compromise i have no idea!

There can’t be any truth in the rumours that the club have offered Rodgers severance as that would result in a complete breakdown of all working relationships, Rodgers and the board and Rodgers and the players because everyone will know the club want Rodgers out. It makes absolutely 0 sense to offer terms and carry on as normal. 

If they really wanted rid they’d have put him on Gardening leave and worked out the severance later on. 

Feels like someones spreading porkies because theres a bit of heat on Top and the board. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dames said:

There can’t be any truth in the rumours that the club have offered Rodgers severance as that would result in a complete breakdown of all working relationships, Rodgers and the board and Rodgers and the players because everyone will know the club want Rodgers out. It makes absolutely 0 sense to offer terms and carry on as normal. 

If they really wanted rid they’d have put him on Gardening leave and worked out the severance later on. 

Feels like someones spreading porkies because theres a bit of heat on Top and the board. 

Gardening leave would require a clause in his contract 

25 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

You ever heard of a company not been able to prevent an employee going to work? suspended on full pay and all that.

Companies are even able to sack people against employment laws and if they get done for it later may have to cough up compensation but can still get them out the door.

38 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Doesn’t matter as long as he’s being paid. If they tell him not to turn up thats all fine as long as they don’t stop paying him. 

Hence why the whole rumour stinks. You don’t just tell a manager name his price because hes no longer wanted and then let him continue to work once you’ve decided the price is too high. 

1 hour ago, Chrysalis said:

You ever heard of a company not been able to prevent an employee going to work? suspended on full pay and all that.

Companies are even able to sack people against employment laws and if they get done for it later may have to cough up compensation but can still get them out the door.

Agreed but the club have been through that process before where they didn’t follow contractural law and it eventually sent them to administration. 

5 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

i’ve been taking time to reflect on my feelings for top and I think i’ve sussed out exactly what’s going on. I think that he is well aware that Brendan is done here, but I think for him it is imperative that the next man is the right person to take us forward. I think what we are seeing isn’t blind loyalty and it also isn’t about money. 

With Puel, the club had been scouring the market for a replacement long before things even went wrong. We had discussions with Rodgers way in advance of when the move actually happened and it was only when rodgers let us know he’d move earlier that we made the move.

I genuinely think that what is actually happening is that the club have their man. But that man, is going to the world cup. I think we have 2 scenarios, the first is that Brendan takes the club until the break and is let go. The second is that somehow, he turns this all around and the club perhaps change their stance. 

I also think that the person who is likely to come in, is the Denmark manager.  We all remember a little trip Top took to visit nice, perhaps he was going to have a little conversation about this coach with a trusted person who knows him well. 

The other indicator could be the new set piece coach. A highly respected professional from denmark …. who was begrudgingly accepted by Rodgers. 

im calling it now…. this is our move 

If that's the case we need Stowell in or a caretaker for the 5 matches after Palace in the league we have, the world cup may be too late, we need at least 11 points from those next 6 games, just to be on target for 38 points average. We will need to average 1.5 points a game otherwise to even hit 40.

• Like 1