Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

On 12/10/2022 at 14:08, turlo said:

approx 350m (won't let me upload the chart due to file size) including 100m purchase of stadium & writing original debts, 100m on theΒ  training ground + various other loans to help with cashflow/losses over the years. that would exclude shirt and stadium sponsorship from king power

....I would find it hard to believe that it would be Β£350m, the original purchase of the stadium, and Β£100m converted into shares!!!

The stadium is financed by loans against our final positions not monies pumped in from our owners.

13 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....I would find it hard to believe that it would be Β£350m, the original purchase of the stadium, and Β£100m converted into shares!!!

The stadium is financed by loans against our final positions not monies pumped in from our owners.

That figure has been reported from quite a few sources and managed to find the chart that Swiss ramble put together based on the clubs accounts over the past 10 years. We know from the last 2 years accounts is that KP invested 160 mill into the club, which included 90 mill to fund the training ground and 70 mill to aid cashflow during Covid. Add that to the approx 150m invested within the first few years of purchasing the club, then you're already at 300 mill

Β 

Β 

One of the Leicester related podcasts think it was the Leicester City Pubcast - did a brief run through of our last few sets of accounts last week and I think it suggested they showed a debt of Β£200Million to King Power plus a similar amount owed to other creditors. I may have the figures wrong as was listening while walking the dog and had to pick up a huge dump right at that moment!

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The club are being very quiet on whether Top will be there tomorrow. Anyone tracked his plane?

Rolls Royce, number plate Big Top on M25.Β 
Β 

I have no idea if that’s his car but if it is, he was being chauffeur driven into London this morning.Β 

Guest nathan.

The Β£100m on a new training ground looks like another huge waste of money.

Β 

I fear for the the club if/when relegation happens.Β 

Β 

Β Β 

9 hours ago, turlo said:

That figure has been reported from quite a few sources and managed to find the chart that Swiss ramble put together based on the clubs accounts over the past 10 years. We know from the last 2 years accounts is that KP invested 160 mill into the club, which included 90 mill to fund the training ground and 70 mill to aid cashflow during Covid. Add that to the approx 150m invested within the first few years of purchasing the club, then you're already at 300 mill

Β 

Β 

Look at Note 2 at the bottom of that owner investment graph.
Β 

They’re categorising loans as β€˜investment’. King Power have lent us money because it’s cheaper than getting it through other means. They haven’t been benefactors for many, many years now.

Β 

They could call those loans in at any point and have secured them against future TV money.Β Going down and King Power checking out could leave us in a really bad way.

9 hours ago, 1969 said:

One of the Leicester related podcasts think it was the Leicester City Pubcast - did a brief run through of our last few sets of accounts last week and I think it suggested they showed a debt of Β£200Million to King Power plus a similar amount owed to other creditors. I may have the figures wrong as was listening while walking the dog and had to pick up a huge dump right at that moment!

Yep, that was a good listen - very eye opening!

On 13/10/2022 at 17:24, Lambert09 said:

i’ve been taking time to reflect on my feelings for top and I think i’ve sussed out exactly what’s going on. I think that he is well aware that Brendan is done here, but I think for him it is imperative that the next man is the right person to take us forward. I think what we are seeing isn’t blind loyalty and it also isn’t about money.Β 
Β 

With Puel, the club had been scouring the market for a replacement long before things even went wrong. We had discussions with Rodgers way in advance of when the move actually happened and it was only when rodgers let us know he’d move earlier that we made the move.

Β 

I genuinely think that what is actually happening is that the club have their man. But that man, is going to the world cup. I think we have 2 scenarios, the first is that Brendan takes the club until the break and is let go. The second is that somehow, he turns this all around and the club perhaps change their stance.Β 
Β 

I also think that the person who is likely to come in, is the Denmark manager. Β We all remember a little trip Top took to visit nice, perhaps he was going to have a little conversation about this coach with a trusted person who knows him well.Β 

Β 

The other indicator could be the new set piece coach. A highly respected professional from denmark …. who was begrudgingly accepted by Rodgers.Β 

Β 

im calling it now…. this is our moveΒ 

I think what Top needs to realise is it's not very often a manager is effective after 3 seasons, so just chill with the contracts

2 hours ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Some on here seem to think it’s some sort of magic beanstalk.Β 

...exactly.....the Training Ground is only bricks and mortar!!!

The benefits will be what comes out of it, and unless we bring in bright and innovative coaches, we are not going to be able to save the monies that we could by bringing youth players into our first team. There is no point in having this superb facility if we retain the same staff, it helps no one keep the same people in place.

8 minutes ago, sm1 said:

Shaking his head at what he saw. Looks like Top is getting warmed up and may be ready to pull the trigger 🀞

πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

• Like 1