Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Newcastle had 4 points after 10 games and survived.

In fact, their first win came in GW 15 against Burnley. They were 18th place at the turn of the year.

They fired their manager, got new owners and invested in the winter window. We might do one of those.

5 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Safe according to Tanner. All my respect for him is going down the swanny very quickly. 

Does the article say that though? Or is Tanner just rehashing the obvious pre-match stance that Top wants him to turn this round.

3 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Does the article say that though? Or is Tanner just rehashing the obvious pre-match stance that Top wants him to turn this round.

Leicester City chairman Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha, known as Khun Top, grimaced and shook his head as he looked down from the executive box. Beneath him, Brendan Rodgers’ players trudged off the pitch following a goalless Premier League draw with Crystal Palace.

Was it a reaction to the result? Was it because of the chants from a number of fans who made it clear they wanted Rodgers out? Or maybe it was something to do with the banner held aloft in the Kop that called for action from the board.

Khun Top doesn’t want to sack Rodgers, a man who has brought considerable success to his club over the past three seasons. He wants to give him time to turn his struggling side’s fortunes around.

Some expected Rodgers’ time to be up at the start of the recent international break, when Leicester picked up just one point in their first seven games, but Khun Top kept faith with his manager, recognising he had been unable to give Rodgers the support he craved in the summer transfer window.

There was also recognition that the opening fixtures, which included playing against four of the Big Six, was a tough start. Therefore, the plan was to give Rodgers more time — the next run of games up to the World Cup break — for his side to play themselves back into form. Games against fellow strugglers Nottingham Forest...

Couldn't get the rest because of the paywall

Just now, Sambiasso said:

Leicester City chairman Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha, known as Khun Top, grimaced and shook his head as he looked down from the executive box. Beneath him, Brendan Rodgers’ players trudged off the pitch following a goalless Premier League draw with Crystal Palace.

Was it a reaction to the result? Was it because of the chants from a number of fans who made it clear they wanted Rodgers out? Or maybe it was something to do with the banner held aloft in the Kop that called for action from the board.

Khun Top doesn’t want to sack Rodgers, a man who has brought considerable success to his club over the past three seasons. He wants to give him time to turn his struggling side’s fortunes around.

Some expected Rodgers’ time to be up at the start of the recent international break, when Leicester picked up just one point in their first seven games, but Khun Top kept faith with his manager, recognising he had been unable to give Rodgers the support he craved in the summer transfer window.

There was also recognition that the opening fixtures, which included playing against four of the Big Six, was a tough start. Therefore, the plan was to give Rodgers more time — the next run of games up to the World Cup break — for his side to play themselves back into form. Games against fellow strugglers Nottingham Forest...

Couldn't get the rest because of the paywall

Yeah, I got that far but couldn’t see any mention of the fact that Top is still definitely supporting him even after today.

• Like 1

Considerable success is debatable. You get no prizes for where you finish in the table if its not top, and we screwed up UCL from very good positions, twice. 

Yes we won the FA Cup and I will never forget that and Rodgers played a part, but with perhaps skewed hindsight I almost feel that was in spite of him rather than because of him 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Yeah, I got that far but couldn’t see any mention of the fact that Top is still definitely supporting him even after today.

Brendan post match 

Top is a good guy and it is amazing for him to be here. You have to fit the story, we haven’t won a game of football and he is like us, he wants to win and do well. There is no issue there.

“They understand the difficulties there is going to be this year, in terms of us not being able to improve but he wants to win.

“But I have always had brilliant support from them. I had long conversations yesterday. I have had no indication of anything, but I understand football.

“It will never change – my feeling for him – if he had to make a change. That is the reality. He is a good guy who inherited a football club in his early 30s after a tragic event and he has been brilliant in that time.

“He has given the football club and me as much support as he possibly could. He has been rewarded for that. Now in a tough period and a tough time he is still being supportive.

“How long that lasts we will see, he will tell me if it changes. Until then I’ll keep working, stay focused and take it from there.”

“If you’re towards the bottom of the league, then you’re going to have critics, But I had critics here when we were wining the FA Cup, and we were fifth.

“It’s the game, it’s the nature of it. My dedication and focus is for the players, to the get results and hopefully bring the results to the supporters.

“I can regulate that pressure, there is no problem with that. I understand, when we were finishing fifth and winning the FA Cup I had critics, when you are at the bottom you will definitely have critics.”

Edited by jammie82uk

Time for Top to act now. The majority of the fans i speak to have had enough. Sack him before it's too late. 

Not only is Rodgers reputation in the bin but Top is seriously losing the faith and support of a fair chunk of the fanbase by not relieving him of his duties.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Brendan post match 

Top is a good guy and it is amazing for him to be here. You have to fit the story, we haven’t won a game of football and he is like us, he wants to win and do well. There is no issue there.

“They understand the difficulties there is going to be this year, in terms of us not being able to improve but he wants to win.

“But I have always had brilliant support from them. I had long conversations yesterday. I have had no indication of anything, but I understand football.

“It will never change – my feeling for him – if he had to make a change. That is the reality. He is a good guy who inherited a football club in his early 30s after a tragic event and he has been brilliant in that time.

“He has given the football club and me as much support as he possibly could. He has been rewarded for that. Now in a tough period and a tough time he is still being supportive.

“How long that lasts we will see, he will tell me if it changes. Until then I’ll keep working, stay focused and take it from there.”

“If you’re towards the bottom of the league, then you’re going to have critics, But I had critics here when we were wining the FA Cup, and we were fifth.

“It’s the game, it’s the nature of it. My dedication and focus is for the players, to the get results and hopefully bring the results to the supporters.

“I can regulate that pressure, there is no problem with that. I understand, when we were finishing fifth and winning the FA Cup I had critics, when you are at the bottom you will definitely have critics.”

Great as a soundbite. Prove it by not being an ass and getting us winning games. I have little faith.

Just now, somebum said:

Top has fine dined on his his father's success his entire life, we all know kids raised this way lack common sense of real life situations, unfortunately the great man is no longer with us and Top is totally at a loss.

Sadly mate, I think you're right