Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

I don’t think you can say anyone’s to blame as such. Apart from Rodgers himself.

Top will naturally feel he can justify keeping him in for as long as he can, in Tops eyes he has delivered an FA cup, two top five finishes and the charity shield. 

We see things differently due to our lo by affiliation with the club, because we’ve seen it all before. It’s a crying shame we’re in his position. Brendan needs to be sacked for the good of the club, but Top seemingly doesn’t see it that way. 

I reckon that Top

• Has seen Brendan can do a good job with this squad
  • Believes that not backing him in the last Transfer Window has played its part
  • Recognises that we have played 4 of the top 6 already
  • Has a counterproductively close relationship and/or respect for Brendan
  • Hates everyone on FoxesTalk

Therefore, he won’t be sacked just yet

23 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

Just seen the BT footage of Top at the end of the game, I’m taking a glimmer of encouragement from his reaction (clutching at straws?). I think, and hope, that maybe he’s seeing it for what it is now …

I get the impression that if that was towards Rodgers he’d have been sacked tonight. I think he was shaking his head at the crowd reaction / banner… but I’m only guessing 

5 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

I reckon that Top

• Has seen Brendan can do a good job with this squad
  • Believes that not backing him in the last Transfer Window has played its part
  • Recognises that we have played 4 of the top 6 already
  • Has a counterproductively close relationship and/or respect for Brendan
  • Hates everyone on FoxesTalk

Therefore, he won’t be sacked just yet

Thus ensuring relegation.

• Like 1

Could it be that he’s losing enthusiasm for it? Manager making comments, fan base turning and team not performing at all. I can imagine it’s been a tough few years for KP as a whole business. Covid, lack of travel/tourism in Thailand etc must have hit the business hard. 

Is he wondering if the company, or more himself, need the stress and and financial burden that it is and will create if we go down. I know he’ll always be tied to the football club with his father, but doesn’t want to be seen as a failure.

I genuinely don’t know. But he looked like he had the weight of the world on his shoulders from the pics I’ve seen. 

6 hours ago, TMELcfc said:

I get the impression that if that was towards Rodgers he’d have been sacked tonight. I think he was shaking his head at the crowd reaction / banner… but I’m only guessing 

I’m not so sure, I said before the game, if we got tonked yday then I think the trigger would have been pulled last night. But maybe a draw and the quick turnaround to Thursday night gives BR the Leeds game.

If the reaction was in relation to the fans response, then I still see it as a positive, as the message is atleast clear to him now (if it wasn’t before). I hope you’re wrong tho 🤞🏻

The truth is getting a manager in who would bring positivity into the training ground would solve our plight.

A manager who could praise, be a good man manager would turn it around in days. 

That is all it needs, not some clown doing his best David Brent impression.

Anyone remember when they got offended when they did an end of season lap of honour to an empty (quarter full) stadium under Puel?

I hope people are being genuine and actually go through with saying they're not going on Thursday or until Rodgers is gone.

Tanner saying in the Athletic he wants to give Rodgers as long as possible. 

10 games is what most people were saying before the season started and given our run its been more than generous. There have been 0 signs of improvement and we are in terminal decline.

Its now or never. 

Just now, Dames said:

Tanner saying in the Athletic he wants to give Rodgers as long as possible. 

10 games is what most people were saying before the season started and given our run its been more than generous. There have been 0 signs of improvement and we are in terminal decline.

Its now or never. 

He's already had 12 months too long.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, MalletFox said:

Just seen the BT footage of Top at the end of the game, I’m taking a glimmer of encouragement from his reaction (clutching at straws?). I think, and hope, that maybe he’s seeing it for what it is now …

Or he heard the ripple of Brendan out and saw the signs….. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

maybe, and good either way in my view! 

I see as he didn't look happy and was shaking his head in the same way the happy clapping brigade scowl and give dirty looks to anyone shouting against Rodgers.

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, StanSP said:

Newcastle had 4 points after 10 games and survived.

In fact, their first win came in GW 15 against Burnley. They were 18th place at the turn of the year.

.. there was a major upheaval halfway through their season!!!

The injection of cash and new manager if I remember correctly. 

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

I see as he didn't look happy and was shaking his head in the same way the happy clapping brigade scowl and give dirty looks to anyone shouting against Rodgers.

Maybe it was wishful thinking on my part then. Atleast he’s seen and heard a decent chunk of the fanbase’s feelings.

To be honest if Top was displaying disapointment at the Fans for Banners etc, and he cannot sympathise with that, and nothing happens, and BR stays, we will need to get use to it, and the performances, it seems like BR is untouchable and beyond accountability at LCFC  

• Like 1