Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

47 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. there was a major upheaval halfway through their season!!!

The injection of cash and new manager if I remember correctly. 

Indeed

their second half of the season form was top four 

that’s got no chance of happening here unless we buy a keeper and a £30m CB 

so it’s not happening here ……

1 minute ago, wardyfox86 said:

A bit like when Ranieri came in and rode on a wave of good feeling and a strong footing, only for it to fall down once he had to make his own waves.

It feels a little bit that way with Top now.

You mean the Ranieri who sorted the defence out by binning a back 5, made us solid there and played yo our strengths, and then tried to address the issue the next season of losing our key player in Kante, which was nothing to do with him?

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Indeed

their second half of the season form was top four 

that’s got no chance of happening here unless we buy a keeper and a £30m CB 

so it’s not happening here ……

...quite simple,  we bring Soyuncu back into the fold, and we stop passing it around at the back!!!

It always ends up with our keeper getting closed down so he hurriedly kicks it upfield or out of play. 

A new manager would give the team confidence to play the ball forward in pressure situations, the negativity that passing the ball backwards brings to the players only serves to reinforce the lack of confidence in what they are being asked to do, and the lack of confidence in each other.

Wout Faes is going to be the leader of this team, we need to acknowledge that right now.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

You mean the Ranieri who sorted the defence out by binning a back 5, made us solid there and played yo our strengths, and then tried to address the issue the next season of losing our key player in Kante, which was nothing to do with him?

Yes, that Ranieri. The Ranieri that made all the right moves in his 1st season. But then who got it so spectacularly wrong the next, that we faced relegation only for him to get the boot, and it be rectified by his number 2.

I still love the man btw, as I do Top but his internship was tragically cut short and it seems he has befriended Rodgers and it's clouding his decisions, something his father would distance himself from.

10 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

Yes, that Ranieri. The Ranieri that made all the right moves in his 1st season. But then who got it so spectacularly wrong the next, that we faced relegation only for him to get the boot, and it be rectified by his number 2.

I still love the man btw, as I do Top but his internship was tragically cut short and it seems he has befriended Rodgers and it's clouding his decisions, something his father would distance himself from.

The guy was far better at addressing issues than Rodgers and was unlucky in losing his best player. We also struggled with injuries. 

In your own first post, you strongly indicate that Ranieri rode on others in the first season. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd
  • Like 1

Just now, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

The guy was far better at addressing issues than Rodgers and was unlucky in losing his best player. We also struggled with injuries. 

And the board, or Vichai, had the balls to make (from the view of the outside world) the most cold-hearted sacking in football.

I don't think Top has been stung enough to be that ruthless and truly believes he and Rodgers have mutual respect. If he relegates us he'll be off before they lock the turnstiles on the final day.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wardyfox86 said:

And the board, or Vichai, had the balls to make (from the view of the outside world) the most cold-hearted sacking in football.

I don't think Top has been stung enough to be that ruthless and truly believes he and Rodgers have mutual respect. If he relegates us he'll be off before they lock the turnstiles on the final day.

I agree with your views on Vichai and Rodgers, but Top shouls have been stung enough by now by us being bottom and playing crap. 

18 minutes ago, tsintskaro said:

Oh and i got banned for 3 weeks

yes 3 WEEKS

for calling him a cl*wn

State of this forum is unreal

well done mods 

He's not a clown. He's got tough calls to make and i think he has ended up putting too much faith in a personal appointment / project. I genuinely think he feels Rodgers is the best man to deliver his long term strategy (wrong imho), but when he does make that call (it will happen), we need to understand what Top thinks he is letting go when he does.

Rodgers is absolutely exploiting the position he fins himself in.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

Claudio was sacked after delivering the league title….. nothing Brendan has done has surpassed this, so why is he still here? 

Because no one decent enough In the board/ Top eyes wants the job? But I would argue keeping Rodgers any longer is more detrimental, so even if we hire someone like Dyche they would do a far better job imo.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Happy Fox said:

Because no one decent enough In the board/ Top eyes wants the job? But I would argue keeping Rodgers any longer is more detrimental, so even if we hire someone like Dyche they would do a far better job imo.

I absolutely agree. The issue we have at the moment we’re still within touching distance, so a change of manager should lift the lads and a fresh injection of desire and belief should get a run going. The longer Brendan stays sucking the life out of the team the worse off we will be. 

I think it’s got to the stage where he is doing it all to prove a point, the point being his narrative. He wins either way, as he gets sacked with a handsome pay out, and the footballing world will say “it’s not Brendan’s fault, Leicester didn’t back him”…

It’s frankly a disgrace that this is allowed to happen. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

I agree with your views on Vichai and Rodgers, but Top shouls have been stung enough by now by us being bottom and playing crap. 

... the question is why are the fee paying attendees not as stung as Foxestalk!!!

Could it be that the season ticket fees having already been paid and there is little or no leverage to voice their dissent,  as walking out or not attending is like money being poured down the drain.

Are our stadium supporters have now become a "white collar " fraternity where the once overly "blue collar" crowd are priced out of the club.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
36 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

If he was upset by those banners its a good job he didn't see the other possibles.

As I said a while ago, he's pretty protected from the general feeling of the fans. It'll have been a suprise to him. Lots of people do their best to say everything's rosy to him.

18 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

... the question is why are the fee paying attendees not as stung as Foxestalk!!!

Could it be that the season ticket fees having already been paid and there is little or no leverage to voice their dissent,  as walking out or not attending is like money being poured down the drain.

Are our stadium supporters have now become a "white collar " fraternity where the once overly "blue collar" crowd are priced out of the club.

Paid for or not empty seats will hurt them, it’s not a good look for them.

The owners seem very sensitive when it comes to what others think, others being the media’s opinion etc.

How many times have we read reports of heard from ITK’s that they don’t want to be seen as a club that sack the manager quickly, etc? (Even though we had the twat for 3 cunting years and he should have been on his way over 12 months ago)

Remember back to the end of season lap of honour under Puel where only a quarter of the stadium stayed behind - I’m sure I remember ITK’s claiming it didn’t go down well and there was a feeling of embarrassment on the owners part.

They care more about what others think than what is actually best for the club, us the fans who have to endure this and themselves.

Yes STH’s have paid their money, as far as that is concerned the club are laughing but empty seats would make a big statement to them in my opinion - not because of our feeling towards it all but how it looks to everyone on the outside.

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

Paid for or not empty seats will hurt them, it’s not a good look for them.

The owners seem very sensitive when it comes to what others think, others being the media’s opinion etc.

How many times have we read reports of heard from ITK’s that they don’t want to be seen as a club that sack the manager quickly, etc? (Even though we had the twat for 3 cunting years and he should have been on his way over 12 months ago)

Remember back to the end of season lap of honour under Puel where only a quarter of the stadium stayed behind - I’m sure I remember ITK’s claiming it didn’t go down well and there was a feeling of embarrassment on the owners part.

They care more about what others think than what is actually best for the club, us the fans who have to endure this and themselves.

Yes STH’s have paid their money, as far as that is concerned the club are laughing but empty seats would make a big statement to them in my opinion - not because of our feeling towards it all but how it looks to everyone on the outside.

Theirs is one of the proudest cultures in the world. Especially in business, you cannot be seen to lose face. The way to get the point across is to embarrass him. Sorry but it’s true.

I still think we were onto something newsworthy with the Brendan Nout birthday stuff. Just like ‘Let’s go Brandon’ in the States. 

Very disappointed that UFS were the only displayers of banners and leading the charge given the struggles coming by the club being militant. But then again, half the reason we’re in the situation we’re in imo is because the fans are too passive at this club. Too nice. They got their trophies and it’s ‘oh well, if we go back to being little Leicester that’s ok because… perspective’.

This has to get ugly and loud if we want change. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, KFS said:

This has to get ugly and loud if we want change. 

Leicester fans are like 12 years old boy who cant talk to he's father about ones wrongdoings, because he is too shy and afraid

probably one of the worst group of fans  in league when it comes to action and protesting, even on social media 

Edited by tsintskaro
  • Like 1

I do get the sentiment that he was thrown into the role by tragic circumstances but, being slightly blunt here, he doesn't have to stay. I don't think anyone would think less of him and would be fully understanding if he decided to sell.

If he is in charge he has to take the criticism. This is a ruthless game and it doesn't wait for anyone.

Making it out like Top is some poor guy, put into a difficult position, being let down by various people is more of an insult to him than calling him a bellend. 

The guy has been trained for the position he is currently sat in. The best schools, the best company, the best contacts, the best exposure etc. if Susan Whelan isn’t doing her job, Top will know! And if he doesnt, he shouldn’t be anywhere near the seat he is in. As if Brendan is pulling the wool over his eyes. The guy knows he is on the brink.

Leuven had a similar time under Pearson - it wasn’t working but the group trusted their gut. He is doing the same here. He knows exactly where we are sitting. He comes to games to assess the rest. Vichai was a self made man. And he trusted Top over his wife and other kids to be his successor, there is a reason for that.

Disagree and criticise him for his view on the current situation. Do not insult him by making him borderline stupid as to what is happening to his own business. Because trust me, he isn’t. 

He’s (not his fathers) legacy at this club will unfortunately be dictated by this scenario - I think he has got it significantly wrong but that is my opinion. I don’t LCFC is dependant on Top or Brendan or anyone else to succeed. These people are simply cogs in our machine.