Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

Top is a straight up nice guy a smart guy and cares about our club. I’m not sure what to make of that clip. He’s obviously disappointed by shaking his head but he is her reacting to the fans boos, the protest signs or the manager and the players?

Hell it could be all of the above. I’m sure he’s faced situations like this in business but owning a football club is like no other. Gotta take the rough with the smooth so I Top make those hard decisions for the good of the club’s health, it’s brand reputation and it’s fans. 🙏🏽

1 hour ago, TMELcfc said:

Just watched the clip about 4 times of him shaking his head… it’s definitely the crowd reaction he’s piss** with, not the manager. 

Really not good, this club and this family have created a special bond over the years, it’s sad to see what it’s become. We really shouldn’t forget what they’ve done for the city, not just the football club.
I appreciate everyone is angry, I am, especially with the little Irish fraud, in fact I hate him. But really sad to see any frustration become anger towards Top and the family.

I am at a loss as to what has gone wrong and been allowed to happen but cannot bring myself to hate on them. I can’t and won’t 

The bloke had Thai nationals trying to smash up KP HQ a few months back. Im sure a wallpaper banner wont upset him that much.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

The bloke had Thai nationals trying to smash up KP HQ a few months back. Im sure a wallpaper banner wont upset him that much.

Was just thinking the same, the stuff they must have gone through over the years back in Thailand. Probably shaking his head in disappointment at how little the kick back has been so far, it's a test and we're failing badly 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

The guy was far better at addressing issues than Rodgers and was unlucky in losing his best player. We also struggled with injuries. 

In your own first post, you strongly indicate that Ranieri rode on others in the first season. 

Claudio losing Kante is akin to if Rodgers loses Maddison.

I agree on your post completely.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I am 100% Rodgers out and I truly believe he should have gone after the Brighton debacle. However I am not Top and I am not the one who will have to contend with the scrutiny and ramifications of getting this decision wrong. Yes of course in our eyes the easy decision is get rid, but I am pretty sure our owner will have other things that he is having to consider. 

1) Rodgers is a media darling and most pundits wax lyrical about him being a top coach, make no bones about it there will be a media outcry if/when he does get sacked

2) outside the big 6, if we were to sack Rodgers, I reckon he would be the number 1 candidate of lost clubs were they to have a managerial vacancy.

3) wherever he does turn up next he is likely to enjoy 18 months - 2 years of relative success which will continually raise questions as to whether we were right to sack him 

4) on paper, and I know football is not played on paper, but the list of potential replacements may not look as attractive as Rodgers CV and what he has achieved. 

5) the implications of getting the decision and subsequent appointment of a new manager wrong and what that will do to the club over the next 2/3 years if we end up with instability and a run of 3/4 managerial changes in that period. 

like I say I want Rodgers gone and I believe Top needs to act sooner rather than later but I also have a degree of sympathy for the position he is in as this is a monumental decision to make with massive ramifications if he gets it wrong. It’s frustrating that it is taking time, but hopefully when the decision is finally made, the plan is in place to bring the right manager in to take the club forward for the next 3 years or more. 

i understand where you coming from and do agree but on the other hand it is a business and if we carry on the way we are the only thing that is going to happen is relegation! the media you are correct about they adore Rodgers for some unknown reason, but hes nowhere near a good as they make out, when we appointed Rodgers i was excited and thought we would really kick on and top would back him in the transfer market and we would be a force! it did start well but Rodgers signings 80% of them have been terrible and this is the problem. someone that is made out to bring the youth through im really struggling to see where he has done it at Leicester. the fact is Rodgers time at Leicester was up at the end of last season! its just how long the board are going to entertain these half hearted performances for! If this carries on for a few more weeks up until the world cup it could be too late to get out of because at the minute we look like relegation fodder

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I am 100% Rodgers out and I truly believe he should have gone after the Brighton debacle. However I am not Top and I am not the one who will have to contend with the scrutiny and ramifications of getting this decision wrong. Yes of course in our eyes the easy decision is get rid, but I am pretty sure our owner will have other things that he is having to consider. 

1) Rodgers is a media darling and most pundits wax lyrical about him being a top coach, make no bones about it there will be a media outcry if/when he does get sacked

2) outside the big 6, if we were to sack Rodgers, I reckon he would be the number 1 candidate of lost clubs were they to have a managerial vacancy.

3) wherever he does turn up next he is likely to enjoy 18 months - 2 years of relative success which will continually raise questions as to whether we were right to sack him 

4) on paper, and I know football is not played on paper, but the list of potential replacements may not look as attractive as Rodgers CV and what he has achieved. 

5) the implications of getting the decision and subsequent appointment of a new manager wrong and what that will do to the club over the next 2/3 years if we end up with instability and a run of 3/4 managerial changes in that period. 

like I say I want Rodgers gone and I believe Top needs to act sooner rather than later but I also have a degree of sympathy for the position he is in as this is a monumental decision to make with massive ramifications if he gets it wrong. It’s frustrating that it is taking time, but hopefully when the decision is finally made, the plan is in place to bring the right manager in to take the club forward for the next 3 years or more. 

You are absolutely right, we will be vilified by the usual suspects in the media initially, but very quickly there'll be people willing to stick their neck out like Souness, Simon Jordan and others who will deride those who think he can do no wrong.

End of the day we're in the shit, this isn't us 11th and our fans sick of him like there was plenty as good as a year or more ago. That would have led to vitriol by the footballing world, but this is a simple case of whether we want to protect our future or not and anyone else not associated with this club can bollocks.

Remember the likes of Paul Merson genuinely astonished we wanted Puel out and who did the club think they are to get rid of him and who would we get who'd do a better job. The media are clueless by and large.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, TMELcfc said:

Just watched the clip about 4 times of him shaking his head… it’s definitely the crowd reaction he’s piss** with, not the manager. 

Really not good, this club and this family have created a special bond over the years, it’s sad to see what it’s become. We really shouldn’t forget what they’ve done for the city, not just the football club.
I appreciate everyone is angry, I am, especially with the little Irish fraud, in fact I hate him. But really sad to see any frustration become anger towards Top and the family.

I am at a loss as to what has gone wrong and been allowed to happen but cannot bring myself to hate on them. I can’t and won’t 

"Hate" the manager but not the owner, yet the owner is the only bloke who can get rid of the manager which you want :huh:

Both as bad as each other. People keep bringing up "what they've done for the City" well unfortunately it doesn't help when we're bottom of the division.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

What he said in the ‘embargoed’ press conference was disgraceful in the context of what’s going on. 

Which figure, he was asked, was a fabrication? The £10m a year that has been much cited? At which his frustrations came rapidly to the surface. 

“It’s nowhere near,” he snapped. “I actually think it is a disrespectful question, very disrespectful. I never asked you how much money you are on or whether there is any blockage in your role from your owners. I don’t think you need to worry about my wages. If there is a stumbling block in anything, you need to ask the owners that. It’s a disgraceful question.”

And with that, he terminated the gathering, and stormed away. Whether he will be back to face another round of questions next week may well depend on the result at Leeds. The cliched claim is that football managers are only as good as their last result. For Rodgers, things are becoming so perilous, that might turn out to be true. 

8 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Which figure, he was asked, was a fabrication? The £10m a year that has been much cited? At which his frustrations came rapidly to the surface. 

“It’s nowhere near,” he snapped. “I actually think it is a disrespectful question, very disrespectful. I never asked you how much money you are on or whether there is any blockage in your role from your owners. I don’t think you need to worry about my wages. If there is a stumbling block in anything, you need to ask the owners that. It’s a disgraceful question.”

And with that, he terminated the gathering, and stormed away. Whether he will be back to face another round of questions next week may well depend on the result at Leeds. The cliched claim is that football managers are only as good as their last result. For Rodgers, things are becoming so perilous, that might turn out to be true. 

He has to be challenged on this next presser. He said after spurs that he would never bad mouth the owners who have been brilliant with him. what has changed? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

He has to be challenged on this next presser. He said after spurs that he would never bad mouth the owners who have been brilliant with him. what has changed? 

When pressure gets to him his true colours show, he’s an egotistical insert whatever word you want.

He should be sacked based on what he has said never mind the football side of things.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just wild speculation and no more than that 

- club did have money to spend on transfers this summer but didn’t want to give it to BR to blow on transfer fees and wages for players that he does not think are good enough to start or play any more than a minor role in the team 

- alternatively or additionally, given the BR/Congerton calamity with regard to recruitment the club did not trust BR to spend in the summer, instead preferring to wait until the new head of recruitment is in place and able to provide his input 

- club thinks current squad good for at least mid table for this season and next (perhaps with some very low level investment) and decide to tread water for now so as not to waste more funds that will hamper our ability in the market once BR’s contract has expired 

- BR feels unsupported by the club and “blocked” in his role as manager 

- BR effectively bails out of committed management of this squad with bizarre decisions, comments and a desire to be sacked. He gets his pay day whilst not having to sort out the mess but is still able to claim to the media that our position is not his fault but the result of a lack of support from the club 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Just wild speculation and no more than that 

- club did have money to spend on transfers this summer but didn’t want to give it to BR to blow on transfer fees and wages for players that he does not think are good enough to start or play any more than a minor role in the team 

- alternatively or additionally, given the BR/Congerton calamity with regard to recruitment the club did not trust BR to spend in the summer, instead preferring to wait until the new head of recruitment is in place and able to provide his input 

- club thinks current squad good for at least mid table for this season and next (perhaps with some very low level investment) and decide to tread water for now so as not to waste more funds that will hamper our ability in the market once BR’s contract has expired 

- BR feels unsupported by the club and “blocked” in his role as manager 

- BR effectively bails out of committed management of this squad with bizarre decisions, comments and a desire to be sacked. He gets his pay day whilst not having to sort out the mess but is still able to claim to the media that our position is not his fault but the result of a lack of support from the club 

I don’t think this is isn’t feasible. (though perhaps not all bits)

we have heard via various rumours that the club is trying to negotiate a settlement with rodgers. 

We have also heard that the club has identified a WC coach to take the reigns 

the gamble taken by top is that rodgers will get us enough points before the break for us to be competitive in/around the drop zone and not cast adrift. The next couple games will be crucial in this regard. Suspect that one point from the last six has screwed up the calculation though. 

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

"Hate" the manager but not the owner, yet the owner is the only bloke who can get rid of the manager which you want :huh:

Both as bad as each other. People keep bringing up "what they've done for the City" well unfortunately it doesn't help when we're bottom of the division.

I will not hate on a man / family who have done what they've done. You can have your opinion, no issue with that, but was just expressing my surprise how quickly some have gone after Top

• Like 1

I have a feeling that the video where Top is shaking his head and looking generally ****ed off is basically because he's ****ed off at our fans leaving early in their droves with the game at 0-0 and us in the relegation zone. 

It's far more likely than some hope he's ****ed off with the football. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

I have a feeling that the video where Top is shaking his head and looking generally ****ed off is basically because he's ****ed off at our fans leaving early in their droves with the game at 0-0 and us in the relegation zone. 

It's far more likely than some hope he's ****ed off with the football. 

What about shaking his head at the banner about board needing to take action?

Nobody knows why or in what context, it's just a little video clip.

• Like 1

I love Top, And everything the family have done for the club and city. I wish him nothing but happiness and success. 

But a series of decisions have been made by those in charge - from signings, to contracts, to the investment in the training facilities and ground. Whether well intentioned or not. They’ve been made.

And someone, or a small group, are responsible for those decisions. 

Personally I think the fans have shown a lot of patience given the football, deafening silence from the club and the only real club representative in the media not respresenting the club well at all. 

• Like 1