Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

Guest Chocolate Teapot
12 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

The bloke had Thai nationals trying to smash up KP HQ a few months back. Im sure a wallpaper banner wont upset him that much.

I mean there's an enormous difference between a group of supporters you've spent the last 10 years on a charm offence to and a group of angry people you've nothing to do with but ok....

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Always find it weird that its Rudkin sat next to him and not his second in command Whelan.

Rudkin is basically an equerry/man slave to the owners. Biggest arse licker in the business.

He used to sort out Vichai’s horses etc

Whelan deals more with the day to day business side

2 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Just wild speculation and no more than that 

- club did have money to spend on transfers this summer but didn’t want to give it to BR to blow on transfer fees and wages for players that he does not think are good enough to start or play any more than a minor role in the team 

- alternatively or additionally, given the BR/Congerton calamity with regard to recruitment the club did not trust BR to spend in the summer, instead preferring to wait until the new head of recruitment is in place and able to provide his input 

- club thinks current squad good for at least mid table for this season and next (perhaps with some very low level investment) and decide to tread water for now so as not to waste more funds that will hamper our ability in the market once BR’s contract has expired 

- BR feels unsupported by the club and “blocked” in his role as manager 

- BR effectively bails out of committed management of this squad with bizarre decisions, comments and a desire to be sacked. He gets his pay day whilst not having to sort out the mess but is still able to claim to the media that our position is not his fault but the result of a lack of support from the club 

I don’t really buy that tbh.

UEFA released a statement which names us and several other clubs as having been investigated due to being close to braking FFP rules. We were only able to comply with the rules due to Covid-19 factors being take into consideration.  Therefore, this will be the reason we haven’t spent as much as us fans wanted and nothing to do with Top not trusting Rodgers.

I think the reason Brendan is still here is because he’s close with Top who thinks we can get out of this mess. 

As awful as we have looked at times, players making individual mistakes has been our biggest downfall this season, regardless of tactics and substitutions. So I think Rodgers probably argues that case if he ever speaks to the club hierarchy about his position.

I think there might be an element of Rodgers not feeling as supported as he once did. I think his reluctance to use certain players and make all the subs allows shows he believes the players aren’t good enough. 

2 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

They haven't funded us for years.

The plan is to make us self sustainable without major investment from the owners.

As noble a venture this is, and I do commend it, we simply won’t get anywhere like it given the current state of the game. Unless you have a revolutionary recruitment system or the worlds best academy, you’ll simply tread water until you drown. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

As noble a venture this is, and I do commend it, we simply won’t get anywhere like it given the current state of the game. Unless you have a revolutionary recruitment system or the worlds best academy, you’ll simply tread water until you drown. 

Welcome to football reality for everyone outside the elite. 

Our aim is to be come a club the size of an Everton, Villa and Leeds. All of which we are still behind size wise, and they flirt with relegation. 

Anyone thinking there are billionaires out there just dying to buy us and Chuck money at it are kidding themselves. It'd be another yank wanting to control the game and make a buck. 

40 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

The plan is to make us self sustainable without major investment from the owners.

They've funded us more recently than they had in the previous 6 or 7 years. 

1 hour ago, themightyfin said:

They had money, when club was brought.

Edited by Mendi

3 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Always find it weird that its Rudkin sat next to him and not his second in command Whelan.

He chats about the game to rudders - they see all the replays etc on their monitors 

I don’t think Susan is up to speed with the detail on low blocks etc ….

And she likes to be on the end of the row behind top so she can nip out if anything needs attention 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

He chats about the game to rudders - they see all the replays etc on their monitors 

And she likes to be on the end of the row behind top so she can nip out if anything needs attention 

I still find it weird. Despite all of that.

If Top allows Brendan to continue then we'll get what we deserve. We might not get out the relegation zone all season. It's so obvious he's finished here. 

Rodgers isn't the only problem though. Our recruitment just hasn't been good enough. We've let good players go and signed some absolute lemons. But even so, this squad should still be capable of finishing mid-table with better management.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Honestly he may as well have Justin Bieber next to him.

On 17/10/2022 at 08:00, Claudio Fannieri said:

I am 100% Rodgers out and I truly believe he should have gone after the Brighton debacle. However I am not Top and I am not the one who will have to contend with the scrutiny and ramifications of getting this decision wrong. Yes of course in our eyes the easy decision is get rid, but I am pretty sure our owner will have other things that he is having to consider. 

1) Rodgers is a media darling and most pundits wax lyrical about him being a top coach, make no bones about it there will be a media outcry if/when he does get sacked

2) outside the big 6, if we were to sack Rodgers, I reckon he would be the number 1 candidate of lost clubs were they to have a managerial vacancy.

3) wherever he does turn up next he is likely to enjoy 18 months - 2 years of relative success which will continually raise questions as to whether we were right to sack him 

4) on paper, and I know football is not played on paper, but the list of potential replacements may not look as attractive as Rodgers CV and what he has achieved. 

5) the implications of getting the decision and subsequent appointment of a new manager wrong and what that will do to the club over the next 2/3 years if we end up with instability and a run of 3/4 managerial changes in that period. 

like I say I want Rodgers gone and I believe Top needs to act sooner rather than later but I also have a degree of sympathy for the position he is in as this is a monumental decision to make with massive ramifications if he gets it wrong. It’s frustrating that it is taking time, but hopefully when the decision is finally made, the plan is in place to bring the right manager in to take the club forward for the next 3 years or more. 

1. Pandering to the media is no way to run a football club

2. It is of little importance who he manages next, as long as it's not somehow us again

3. See point one

4. I think this is what's called stockholm syndrome

5. We're going down with him. If we get another manager who sends us down the most that's happened is lowering our managerial wage bill and attempting to stop the rot and stay up.

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Top?

“I don’t tend to see him much after games. We all have the same aim, which is to get the team climbing up the table.”

Top expressed any doubts?

“No.”

Presume he didnt see that shaking of the head after then game.

6 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Just don’t think a defeat on Thursday is enough in Top’s eyes to make the call then.

Agree.

I’ve gone full circle of thinking he’d be gone a couple of weeks ago to him being solid and safe now.

Im not even gonna delude myself in thinking anything else.

At this point Top takes more of the blame than Rodgers.

8 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Just don’t think a defeat on Thursday is enough in Top’s eyes to make the call then.

Will very much depend on the manner of Thursday but I suspect you're right. The penny will drop way too late and the fall out from this will be unforgivable. 

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

I have pretty much accepted we are probably stuck with him until at least the World Cup now… unfortunately.

Edited by moore_94