Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I have pretty much accepted we are probably stuck with him until at least the World Cup now… unfortunately.

I think you’re right 

unless we get smashed then they

likley won’t dispose of him and install stowell - their assessment seems to be that a disinterested Rodgers is better than stowell . 

maybe that means we actually do have a commitment from someone for after the WC 

On 16/10/2022 at 21:55, Happy Fox said:

No one hates Top, but it’s clear he needs to make a big boy decision you either back Rodgers or sack him there should be no middle ground. We should be doing better than being joint bottom, are we really so bad to be 7 and 8 points behind Fulham and Bournemouth?

.. the view of the people who go and watch the game is far removed from FT!!!

I would suspect their argument will be, "...well who else do we bring in, you look around and there is no one out there that would  be better".

It is a poor argument,  but they are entitled to their opinions, but I do not subscribe to this weak kneed attitude, to the club going forward. You cannot become so content with what you see, that you do not aspire for better. It was the pursuit of better things that initially brought Rodgers here. It was the pursuit of better things that brought O'Neill to our club, it was the pursuit of better things that brought Pearson to our rescue and it was the pursuit of better things that Ranieri conjured up a miracle.

Football is a business where you cannot stand still, you open yourselves up to being setback years, in order to make up the ground whilst you were contemplating your navel.

Arsenal under Wenger went backwards for years, trying to do the same things that had previously bought them success, look how long it has taken them to lead the table, and that is a team with money, where they can spend £72m on one player.

For our club, it is now pretty corporate and the people going to games seems to just blend right in.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.
  • Like 3

If the thoughts are that we're trying to get through to the World Cup with Rodgers but we have a commitment to someone after the World Cup - The thoughts are someone currently in an international job.

I understand the risks involved with an 'interim', we've seen what a mess Man Utd got in with Ole.

If they do a good job it's hard to argue against them being given the role for longer.

However, I seen people discussing a 'instant' bounce the moment we sack Rodgers - Of course there's no guarantee for that, but I think it's highly likely, I think you give Stowell or even Taggart (Even i'm uneasy suggesting that but i'm desperate, he's done it before - whether he has the appetite now, at this level, with the scrutiny is another question) the role for 5 games, to limp through, then why not?

If the club, the board, Top are willing to limp through with Rodgers for the next 5 games, I see no reasons against the above scenario.

54 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I really cannot process what they are up to, giving him the run of easier games is possibly understandable even if a little surprising but if he survives after that where we haven't got the expected points then I'm at a loss what they are playing at.

They deserve the pain and anguish that will come with relegation and it will be all on them.

What is even more bizarre is there has been no contact between the pair…. Surely Top would have had a word either way, but Brendan is claiming they haven’t spoken. Very strange that is. Unless they are trying to work out a deal to get rid of him. I just find it hard to believe that the owner of the club hasn’t reached out to his struggling manager….. unless this is another one of Brendan’s lies. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I really cannot process what they are up to, giving him the run of easier games is possibly understandable even if a little surprising but if he survives after that where we haven't got the expected points then I'm at a loss what they are playing at.

They deserve the pain and anguish that will come with relegation and it will be all on them.

Agree with this. There’s just no plausible reason for him to be here now

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

If Top really was shaking his head at paying fans whilst staring relegation in the face, seemingly blind to the predicament, then I'm rapidly running out of respect for a man that is rapidly running out of touch with reality. 

Unless he knows what he’s doing but can’t reveal what that is  ( of course we may not agree that his methodology to hang on for now is sensible )

But I still feel that the shaking of his head reveals that he doesn’t agree with the sentiment of the banner rather than my musing above 

you would hardly say that wolves have had a bounce since sacking large. There is an argument that they may have picked up more points if they had kept him on awaiting their decision on a new coach.  Clubs generally like to have their man pretty much  in place rather than having toappoint a caretaker. Whilst we did it with ranieri/shakey, I wonder if we would have gone ahead if shakey was tied to Claudio and unwilling to take the reigns 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

I get the emotional attachment to the family, but I think there’s a lot of denial going on here.  Unfortunately there’s absolutely no evidence that current upper management (which effectively means Top) has the bare minimum competence level to run a Premier League organization.  That the manager is still in place is a ringing endorsement of that.  They’re going down, almost certainly, and that’s Top’s responsibility.  Anything else is just sentimentality. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

I get the emotional attachment to the family, but I think there’s a lot of denial going on here.  Unfortunately there’s absolutely no evidence that current upper management (which effectively means Top) has the bare minimum competence level to run a Premier League organization.  That the manager is still in place is a ringing endorsement of that.  They’re going down, almost certainly, and that’s Top’s responsibility.  Anything else is just sentimentality. 

Rodgers speaks like a politician, he's convinced Top that he's the man to lead us out of this, I think Matt Piper hit the nail on the head when he said:

"I think that Brendan is a very skilled communicator in that way and almost would, if that difficult conversation happened, he would've spoken to the owner in a way that at the end of the conversation the owner would be thinking: 'I've got to keep him in. He's the man that can steer us out of this.' Rightly or wrongly, but that's one thing that I think could've happened as well."

Rodgers recently has made a few comments praising the owners and the board, he knows what he's doing, I just think Top has been probably taken in by "the snake oil salesman". 

• Like 3

Even if Brendan is sacked today and we manage to stay in PL

Club is still ****ed because of this nonexistent owner

Maddison is pretty much gone this summer, so is a lot other players and club does not have money for anything

Welcome to the "bellow average PL club" club

• Like 1

On 17/10/2022 at 14:40, Mendi said:

They had money, when club was brought.

Bought.

And them having money is nothing to do with it. They could have another 10bn in the bank and would still want us to be self sustaining. They don't want to sit there pumping endless millions into the club. No businessman would want to run an asset like that. It makes following FFP hard and just dwindles their money away.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Apart from the last evidence that under his reign we have achieved things we have never done before, we have better infrastructure than at any point in the clubs history, but apart from that no evidence at all.

Unless the definition of almost certainly has drastically changed, we are no where near almost certainly down.
Top and the board, have a responsibility to act in the best interests of the club and its future. They are in possession of all of the facts, as supporters we can only speculate as to what might be happening behind the scenes. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, exmoor fox said:

I find this comment quite disgusting , questioning the competency of Top  and. others . This is the first year in , what is it now 12 years of the family owing the club , things are not going to plan .  An unrivalled period of success never come anywhere close to this in my fifty odd years of following the club and here we are the first sign of things not running smoothly and you start to open up a crack so you can lay the blame on Top.

There are so many factors affecting the club this season but it is in these difficult times that we should show our support for the family that have given us so much these last few years .

I would be embarrassed to even think what you said let alone post it .

I don't find it disgusting, more sad. I don't find questioning competence out of order at all either if it's done in the right way.

To be blindly faithful, grateful and doffing your cap to past glories whilst watching the club go down the Swanny is equally out of order.

It just may be that we have to accept that Top is not his Dad, a very experienced long term businessman with all the nous that comes over the years including perhaps seeing straight through characters like Rodgers. He will make mistakes both with the family business and the football club. It was a helluva mantle to take on to be honest, Vichai, as well as being a good guy would have been a clever wiley older fox.

We are of course not fully aware of what is going on behind the scenes and why but to the outsider looking in, it does seem a very poor state of affairs. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Dames said:

Top was happy to parade around with the PL Trophy and the FA Cup and lap up all the plaudits when they were won which means now that things aren’t going well he is more than fair game for some criticism. 

Anyone that finds that ‘disgusting’ needs to give their head a wobble. 

Well said. 

This idea that it’s wrong on “poor” Top is ridiculous. He expects it. And if he deserves it, he will get the criticism. Live and die by your sword. This looks like he has got it monumentally wrong. 

• Like 2