Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

37 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

The family was owning it 12 years means nothing really, Top isn’t his father and it would be condescending to suggest otherwise. 

Top has been in the driver’s seat four years and now we seem to be in a position where we’ve been financially mismanaged to the point we cannot afford to sign anything other than a squad player, we’ve given Rodgers carte blanche on allowing ‘his people’ to be appointed in key staff positions that had been more or less off-limits to managers since Pearson. Now he’s seemingly given him his blind faith as we fall further and further behind points wise. 

Things not going smoothly was three seasons ago when we threw away fourth. This has the potential to be long-term financial peril if not handled correctly. Questions should be asked.

Exactly this. If it was just on the pitch where the issues were then the ownership wouldn't be getting questions as much but the criticism is a culmination of years of mismanagement.

4 hours ago, exmoor fox said:

I find this comment quite disgusting , questioning the competency of Top  and. others . This is the first year in , what is it now 12 years of the family owing the club , things are not going to plan .  An unrivalled period of success never come anywhere close to this in my fifty odd years of following the club and here we are the first sign of things not running smoothly and you start to open up a crack so you can lay the blame on Top.

There are so many factors affecting the club this season but it is in these difficult times that we should show our support for the family that have given us so much these last few years .

I would be embarrassed to even think what you said let alone post it .

lol

The man is actively watching his manager steer the club into the relegation zone. It out-does anything Top has done. Which to be frank is basically oversee our spending increase to a point that is no longer financially viable, whilst somehow watching the value of the squad drop massively. It's quite a feat.

This is the same thing, the man is putting the club in jeopardy right now. It's like watching your wife cover the house with petrol ready to light it up and saying "ahh well, we had 5 really good years, I support her in this".

Edited to say, to Top's credit, he did encourage Rodgers to go for a trophy. So that's a good thing.

Edited by filbertway
  • Like 1

Leeds are going to give us a right good seeing to tomorrow so we really will see if the manner of a defeat means anything. 

They press heavily and have players in your face, I can see our lot crumbling under the pressure. 

If I could guarantee that a heavy defeat would see Rodgers sacked tomorrow then I would welcome it with a heavy heart. 

Just like any Conservative with a genuine interest in what is best for the country should be calling a vote of no confidence, any fan with a vested interest in us staying in the top league should be doing more to get this giant egomaniac out of the club. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm going to interpret his head shaking and disappointment to be leveled towards Rodgers and that poor display rather than the fans expressing themselves at the final whistle. I'm going to remain optimistic that he does in fact still have the club in his best interests and Rodgers is simply still in the job because we are yet to find the right replacement. I see little value in sacking him and putting Davies and kolo in charge, they are clearly part of the problem. The only other option being Stowell, who may well motivate and get a response from the team, but a tactician he is not.

As for the 'lack of money', not an issue, the amount of money they can invest is where the problem lies hence using FBS as the shirt sponsor etc. due to FFP applying to us as we are not Man city. Yes there is blame to be placed onto the board as a whole for the stupidity of the contracts we've been handing out to some (lanky **** and Bertrand are main examples) that have ultimately shot us in the foot in the last window.

I'm still with Top, speculation about his priorities and abilities to run this club are harsh given the success we've had since Vichai and that we all ate up Rodgers excuses for missing out on champions League due to injuries rather than the man himself being a bottler. 

2 hours ago, Finnaldo said:

The family was owning it 12 years means nothing really, Top isn’t his father and it would be condescending to suggest otherwise. 

Top has been in the driver’s seat four years and now we seem to be in a position where we’ve been financially mismanaged to the point we cannot afford to sign anything other than a squad player, we’ve given Rodgers carte blanche on allowing ‘his people’ to be appointed in key staff positions that had been more or less off-limits to managers since Pearson. Now he’s seemingly given him his blind faith as we fall further and further behind points wise. 

Things not going smoothly was three seasons ago when we threw away fourth. This has the potential to be long-term financial peril if not handled correctly. Questions should be asked.

You seem to forget there is no "WE"

Top stepped in just when due to a world crisis ,KP due to Corona would be hit & suffering,They can't bankroll so easy, the city,the Club, and this Clubs finances this year so fluently as before.

Don't deny this crisis,it's hit the KP massively.which means LCFC won't  have finances readily available because mothership KP does not have the fuel.

So any manager not just Rodgers ,well the club's recruitment-mnagement as not been fjorded the luck of being to go out & spend,spend,spend..!!

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 hours ago, Finnaldo said:

What i can't get my head round is that we've spent far less than sides like Villa, West Ham and Everton, received more in transfer fees over the last 4 years and in competition monies, yet we've still managed to spend far less and then be in financial difficulties. The training ground was just a silly idea if that's what's put the brakes on the spending.

Great post by the way.

44 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

So any manager not just Rodgers ,well the club's recruitment-mnagement as not been fjorded the luck of being to go out & spend,spend,spend..!!

Oooh.... like "not been fjorded the luck"

I'm gonna use that on someone 🤣

49935297808_1c1fe3e875.jpg

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

What i can't get my head round is that we've spent far less than sides like Villa, West Ham and Everton, received more in transfer fees over the last 4 years and in competition monies, yet we've still managed to spend far less and then be in financial difficulties. The training ground was just a silly idea if that's what's put the brakes on the spending.

Great post by the way.

It actually appears far worse than your assessment believe it or not. Our Wage to Revenue is probably 90% + and one of the worst in the league and that will be a big reason for the financial state. Obviously being out of Europa has its effect and we do have a bloated senior squad clearly on high wages.

But even with that in mind, we should be able to spend every year due to the massive TV money, the FBS and other commercial deals. When you go over the last 5 seasons in the Premier League, only 2 teams have a lower Net spend than us, Bournemouth and Brentford. We are 18th in net spent, while we're expected to be best of the rest 7th. So something clearly isn't right as how can similar teams without the revenue levels have hundreds of millions more net spend?

I have no doubt that the wages are a problem, but even then, why bother signing Vardy up to another 100k+ deal when you have Daka and Nacho - so that makes me believe wages really are not so problematic - plus the club know that next season there was already likely to be significant wages off the books.

I personally think we're saving the money / working on reducing our high wages while attaining new revenue streams (Stadium development, naming rights?) Possibly so the club appears better for a sale.. we are after all an asset of King Power, who are suffering. I don't think anyone would be shocked if this was the case. But Wheelan / Rudkin should be doing better if it's a genuine cash flow problem.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, exmoor fox said:

I find this comment quite disgusting , questioning the competency of Top  and. others . This is the first year in , what is it now 12 years of the family owing the club , things are not going to plan .  An unrivalled period of success never come anywhere close to this in my fifty odd years of following the club and here we are the first sign of things not running smoothly and you start to open up a crack so you can lay the blame on Top.

There are so many factors affecting the club this season but it is in these difficult times that we should show our support for the family that have given us so much these last few years .

I would be embarrassed to even think what you said let alone post it .

That's not strictly true is it? They've had to sack several managers, at least 2 of which who looked destined to relegate us or at least put us deep in a relegation battle. The difference is, they acted and they made the right decision.

Currently, they are allowing this capitulation to deepen and if they don't act before it's too late then they risk everything, we will be in financial ruin and as custodians of our football club (their own words) that is completely unforgivable.

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Great post by the way.

Isn't it because we've spent far more on wages on our players and manager? Our wage bill as an absolute disgrace.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Absolutely spot on. Rodgers influence absolutely stinks. I think it goes far deeper than his poor team selections, substitutions and crass egotistical tactics.

As you say, what worries me is that the ramifications are potentially huge because even if we didn't get relegated, the club, whose players seemingly used to relish going to work in a banterous almost family atmosphere, willing to fight for the cause and take a slap at the big boys, has now become a ponderous dirge that players will want to leave for better happier things and new, younger, highly promising young players will think twice before wanting to come.

The book stops with the current internal set up including Top, however likeable he is. Though obviously conjecture, you would have to ask whether Vichai would have let Rodgers weedle his way under the bedcovers so much and personally, I would doubt it very much.

The current playing squad is still quite strong imo. If you actually scrutinise the squads of the current 11 sides above us in the table, can anyone hand on heart honestly say that they are significantly superior to ours or even of equivalent standard? Perhaps West Ham?

Therefore, whatever the cost, it surely has to be imperative that Rodgers has to go. The £10m spent getting rid of him would, in the circumstances, be better than 10m on a new player in January if that meant Rodgers kept his job.

As ever. Nailed it. 

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Isn't it because we've spent far more on wages on our players and manager? Our wage bill as an absolute disgrace.

Villa and Everton have bigger wage bills than us. Villas has risen massively in the last year.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

I think some of the criticism Top is getting is legitimate and some is a bit harsh and over the top!  I for one can't fathom how Rodgers is still in the job, and only Top knows why.  As I've said on here before, Rodgers is canny operator/politician/snake oil salesman, and I don't think people who are not British will understand the David Brent-ism's of the man.  It will not have the cringe effect on the Thai's, they will fall for it hook line and sinker.  All we have to do is look across the pond and see how cringe worthy our English speaking American cousins can be, with their over optimism, if you did that in the UK, your mates would give you grief and think you've become a right tw*t. 

I think what I'm trying to say with my experience living abroad, is that what is considered a complete bull sh*ter in the UK, doesn't translate to other cultures.  They must think Rodgers is a sincere guy, whereas most of us fans see through the charlatan. 

P.s. Apologies to any Americans reading this, us Brits are cynical bar stewards, and we don't like people who are too positive;).

Edited by Le Renard
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, cal21212121 said:

I'm still with Top, speculation about his priorities and abilities to run this club are harsh given the success we've had since Vichai and that we all ate up Rodgers excuses for missing out on champions League due to injuries rather than the man himself being a bottler. 

....I think you will find quite a few people had their doubts about Rodgers even before those moments!!!

You really cannot fail to get past the round of 32, every excursion that you have made in Europe. A limited tactician and comes across as being disingenuous.

You probably sum up the feelings about the match going public, hard to believe there are people taking that stance, it is a foolhardy decision that Top has taken. I am not sure why you would see Davies and Touré taking charge should Rodgers leave, these players have been going backward under there tutelage, if Rodgers goes, they should be following right behind.

Shakespeare after Ranieri won his first 5 games on the trot, I believe only three other people have ever accomplished that feat. It is not the end of the world releasing Rodgers, but it might be the start of our season and even now a charge for Europe. This league is full of poor dysfunctional teams, this is the situation where we need to be to take advantage of bigger team slip-ups.

• Thanks 1