Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

10 hours ago, TMELcfc said:

On this day 3 years ago... remembered Vichai against Burnley. 

Sorry, you're incorrect - as the tragedy happened on the 27th October.

Still can't believe it had happened..:cry:

I think the sad truth is that he's been getting it wrong for a while but what's happened on the pitch created the illusion of the opposite, and it's taken a shambolic start to the season to really alert people as to what a mess we're making.

When you lay the facts bare it's damning. Somebody did it on the last page. Forget just the dog shit on the pitch this season, but what a farce the summer was. The fact that we've bought ourselves into a position where we can barely sign anybody. It's Everton-like. Not having a head of analytics anymore despite the fact we used this kind of method to bring in players like Kante. Being held at the mercy of Southampton all summer to bring in a head of recruitment.

People just shrugged their shoulders on the assumption everything would be OK. These were all signs of the ineptness for a lot of the last few years, going back to the appointment of Congerton, and it's taken a manager who has given up on the club for people to realise it.

Our best hope is he finally sees sense, bins off this charlatan and then the head of recruitment is genuinely good at his job. With the way the last couple of years have gone though, I'd expect he probably jumps ship within the year.

Edited by Dan LCFC
  • Like 3

Mention has been made of Rodgers influence bringing in staff of his own choice. Toure and Congerton spring to mind as obvious one's. We also know that Dave Rennie's services were no longer required any longer at one point. 

Does anyone know of any more staff members who's recruitment he may have influenced or new positions created? Also anyone else who's positions have been lost?

On 19/10/2022 at 13:00, J. James said:

Oooh.... like "not been fjorded the luck"

I'm gonna use that on someone 🤣

49935297808_1c1fe3e875.jpg

My bad…didn’t do spell check, just pushed it out,without looking.

mind you puts a amusing spin on it…

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Probably lose the next two (and then the next 3) and fans will make the excuse he can't be sacked around the anniversary of Vichai's passing so will get until after the World Cup.

This is an extremely plausible scenario.

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Missing the game and then flying straight back to Thailand? :dunno:

Unless the flight into East Mids is wrong

image.png.b7700bf7338c20ce184be773ec06617d.png

He could already be here and that's his plane coming to pick him up after the game.

Just now, Dames said:

He could already be here and that's his plane coming to pick him up after the game.

Yeah could be, it went down to London without him after the Palace game and then he travelled to London a different way

Edited by moore_94

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Yeah could be, it went down to London without him after the Palace game and then he travelled to London a different way

I imagine it's the same scenario. I can't see him flying to East Midlands to sit around for a couple of hours before flying to Bangkok when he could just fly straight there from London.

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

This thread has been quiet for a while........I found some of the criticism of our owner a bit sickening to be honest

People, under duress, thrash about blaming any target they can find in the moment, and then expect you to forget they ever said it, once it is shown up for what it was.

• Like 1

On 20/10/2022 at 02:12, Dan LCFC said:

I think the sad truth is that he's been getting it wrong for a while but what's happened on the pitch created the illusion of the opposite, and it's taken a shambolic start to the season to really alert people as to what a mess we're making.

When you lay the facts bare it's damning. Somebody did it on the last page. Forget just the dog shit on the pitch this season, but what a farce the summer was. The fact that we've bought ourselves into a position where we can barely sign anybody. It's Everton-like. Not having a head of analytics anymore despite the fact we used this kind of method to bring in players like Kante. Being held at the mercy of Southampton all summer to bring in a head of recruitment.

People just shrugged their shoulders on the assumption everything would be OK. These were all signs of the ineptness for a lot of the last few years, going back to the appointment of Congerton, and it's taken a manager who has given up on the club for people to realise it.

Our best hope is he finally sees sense, bins off this charlatan and then the head of recruitment is genuinely good at his job. With the way the last couple of years have gone though, I'd expect he probably jumps ship within the year.

I assume you are referring to our shambolic fan base?

13 minutes ago, Simoken said:

I assume you are referring to our shambolic fan base?

I actually think most Fans have applauded the upturn we are all witnessing, and long may it continue. I suspect most passionate fans of the club said things they question now, or will hold in reserve should our form drop off a cliff again.

However Fair play to you for your 100% backing, and never in doubt attitude, watching those opening matches of the season and having no reservations.

• Like 1

The man has still presided over a regression which is why this summer was so weak. We're on target for around 42 points so far this season, which is well below the expectations. We're at major risk of losing the only 2 players that are capable of getting us a goal out of our very limited attacking play, for way below their market value. We appear to have very little money available and allowed our wage budget to spiral out of control.

I think I've said in this thread that one of Vichai's greatest strengths was an ability to learn from mistakes and that Top needs to display a similar trait.

One day we'll find out why Rodgers actually kept his job after that start. It's my opinion that it wasn't just because Top thought 1 point from 7 games was acceptable and part of some master plan. Part of me hopes it was a genius bluff, if it really was out of some mad loyalty then I do think that's a weakness of ours as a club that needs nipping in the bud. Faes and Knudsen coming in show that it's healthy to have no faces and opinions to keep things from going stale.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Vazman said:

However Fair play to you for your 100% backing, and never in doubt attitude, watching those opening matches of the season and having no reservations.

Don't be ridiculous. Surely you can see that it's possible to have had 'reservations' without feeling the need to spout hateful idiotic bile. Or is everything actually all-or-nothing for you?