Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

44 minutes ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

Don't be ridiculous. Surely you can see that it's possible to have had 'reservations' without feeling the need to spout hateful idiotic bile. Or is everything actually all-or-nothing for you?

Surely you can see not everyone did spout, as you have described, (or is it all or nothing with you), judging by your opening comment of being Ridiculous, I suspect that to be the case.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

We're 6th in goals scored chart

It's mad isn't it! We're 14th in expected goals. Like I say, we've got 2 players that are capable of creating something out of nothing. Well 3 including Kel, but he's only allowed to play in dire circumstances.

All you've done is back up my point, so thanks :D

18 minutes ago, filbertway said:

It's mad isn't it! We're 14th in expected goals. Like I say, we've got 2 players that are capable of creating something out of nothing. Well 3 including Kel, but he's only allowed to play in dire circumstances.

Or maybe it's not as limited as you think. 

The positive spin is that in front of goal we're quite efficient? 

3 hours ago, filbertway said:

you do realise that when Youri and Madders leave we won't be playing with 9 men?

• Haha 1

I criticised the board heavily on here but fair play for sticking. It's so easy to sack a manager nowadays. Hopefully Rodgers turns us around, we are showing glimpes of it, and we continue to win trophies under him.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, filbertway said:

We do seem to be creating clearer chances now which is encouraging. Our xG is improving.

3 hours ago, Fox92 said:

I criticised the board heavily on here but fair play for sticking. It's so easy to sack a manager nowadays. Hopefully Rodgers turns us around, we are showing glimpes of it, and we continue to win trophies under him.

Perhaps in this case it was hard to sack a manager because we couldnt afford the severance.

More likely though Top has blind faith which is mad because at one point it seemed Rodgers was asking for a p45.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, filbertway said:

The man has still presided over a regression which is why this summer was so weak. We're on target for around 42 points so far this season, which is well below the expectations. We're at major risk of losing the only 2 players that are capable of getting us a goal out of our very limited attacking play, for way below their market value. We appear to have very little money available and allowed our wage budget to spiral out of control.

I think I've said in this thread that one of Vichai's greatest strengths was an ability to learn from mistakes and that Top needs to display a similar trait.

One day we'll find out why Rodgers actually kept his job after that start. It's my opinion that it wasn't just because Top thought 1 point from 7 games was acceptable and part of some master plan. Part of me hopes it was a genius bluff, if it really was out of some mad loyalty then I do think that's a weakness of ours as a club that needs nipping in the bud. Faes and Knudsen coming in show that it's healthy to have no faces and opinions to keep things from going stale.

Regression. We had one bad window that led to a bad start and still managed to salvage it after Fofana pulled the rug out from under us. 

You can’t expect every season to be an improvement on the last. We’re revamping our recruitment and defensive setup (both of which take time) and need to be fully ready for the next two windows— it would have been a bit irresponsible to make major changes in the squad without the new head of recruitment in place. 

We have England’s best attacking player and still have a squad full of internationals. 

1 hour ago, The_77 said:

Regression. We had one bad window that led to a bad start and still managed to salvage it after Fofana pulled the rug out from under us. 

You can’t expect every season to be an improvement on the last. We’re revamping our recruitment and defensive setup (both of which take time) and need to be fully ready for the next two windows— it would have been a bit irresponsible to make major changes in the squad without the new head of recruitment in place. 

We have England’s best attacking player and still have a squad full of internationals. 

All of these things are a result of poor mismanagement. There's signs of trying to rectify it, but these situations and scenarios that we're trying to rectify now didn't occur by accident.

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

All of these things are a result of poor mismanagement. There's signs of trying to rectify it, but these situations and scenarios that we're trying to rectify now didn't occur by accident.

And you’re applying a standard to Top and LCFC that nobody applies to any other club. How many clubs get it right window after window? And how many other clubs think they can just buy their way out of any problem? 

A reset isn’t a regression. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

How many games has Top been to since the Forest game he came to in order to “monitor the performance and crowd reaction”?

That was a flash in the pan.

Performances were poor a long time before that and have continued since whilst it’s also clear the atmosphere around the club, fans leaving early, fans booing are clear to see whether present at games or not.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Matt said:

How many games has Top been to since the Forest game he came to in order to “monitor the performance and crowd reaction”?

Performances were poor a long time before that and have continued since whilst it’s also clear the atmosphere around the club, fans leaving early, fans booing are clear to see whether present at games or not.

Dunno but before yesterday we only played 3 home games after Forest anyway. I suspect the "monitor performance and crowd" was an excuse to please people but it's not as if he's missed 10 games (if he has indeed not turned up).

6 hours ago, Matt said:

Knives are out

6 hours ago, Matt said:

He was at the palace and leeds games that followed (leeds was a midweek evening game). he wasn't at the man city game.   he was at the newcastle game. he wasn't there last night.  so out of the last six home games, he's missed 2. for someone that lives in thailand, that's pretty good. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It’s impossible to credibly have a pop at the lad but let’s get into reality for a minute - we are obviously in trouble - it isn’t the same as under vichai- it was never going to be - Top obviously has a lot on his shoulders and he is only young - lcfc doesn’t seem to be on his priority list at the minute - we need to accept it - we don’t have the finances for a multitude of reasons that we can try and float blame for or just accept - we aren’t in a good place - the manger , the players in and out of contract , the transfer policy - it’s all adds up - it’s been a completely unbelievable 12 years with far more ups than we ever could believe - they have been amazing owners - unfortunately for us everything has a cycle - our dream years are coming to an end for now - however it’s not all doom and gloom - we might be a mid table premier league team for the next 10 years - if so can we really complain - not a chance 

13 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

He was at the palace and leeds games that followed (leeds was a midweek evening game). he wasn't at the man city game.   he was at the newcastle game. he wasn't there last night.  so out of the last six home games, he's missed 2. for someone that lives in thailand, that's pretty good. 

Bet he leaves early though. Plastic 

18 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Only went to the Newcastle game to get his free drink.

I don't think you can point the finger at Top at this moment, there might be a little culpability in getting carried away with the FA cup success and two top 5 finishes.  He was probably convinced by the board and Rodgers, or convinced himself that the club could continue to push the top 4, It didn't work out and went tits up.  We don't have the money of Man U or Arsenal, these two clubs have struggled in recent times, but they can afford to make mistakes.  Our club can't, hence going from having one of the best squads outside of the Top 4, to having a squad that we have zero faith in, within 18months.

Top will be culpable if he doesn't rectify the mistakes, he along with the board are probably(I hope) trying to do that, and maybe we won't see positive results for the next year or two.  Get the rebuild wrong, then the club is well and truly £*^!*$.

Edited by Le Renard