Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

On 15/11/2022 at 14:57, lifted*fox said:

criticizing the board is one thing, but some of the dog shit aimed at Top was utterly embarrassing - especially the personal stuff - along the lines of 'embarrassing his father's legacy', etc. 

still, glad to see his judgement of character is better than some on here - I guess that's why he's a rich, highly respected and decorated businessman and guys on here are just guys with too much time to spout vitriol behind a keyboard. 

Not at all because he has a billionaire father?

• Like 1

On 15/11/2022 at 06:57, lifted*fox said:

criticizing the board is one thing, but some of the dog shit aimed at Top was utterly embarrassing - especially the personal stuff - along the lines of 'embarrassing his father's legacy', etc. 

still, glad to see his judgement of character is better than some on here - I guess that's why he's a rich, highly respected and decorated businessman and guys on here are just guys with too much time to spout vitriol behind a keyboard. 

Lmao hi Top.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

He was at the palace and leeds games that followed (leeds was a midweek evening game). he wasn't at the man city game.   he was at the newcastle game. he wasn't there last night.  so out of the last six home games, he's missed 2. for someone that lives in thailand, that's pretty good. 

For the record im not questioning his commitment - that’s not what I’m getting at (in reply to your “for someone that lives in Thailand, that’s pretty good.”)

I’m merely interested in if he’s been and what he’s observed and sensing from

the atmosphere surrounding the club given there was alot made of him “flying in from Thailand for the Forest game to monitor performance and crowd reaction” narrative.

20 minutes ago, Matt said:

For the record im not questioning his commitment - that’s not what I’m getting at (in reply to your “for someone that lives in Thailand, that’s pretty good.”)

I’m merely interested in if he’s been and what he’s observed and sensing from

the atmosphere surrounding the club given there was alot made of him “flying in from Thailand for the Forest game to monitor performance and crowd reaction” narrative.

I’m sure Susan let’s him know what’s going on …..

• 2 weeks later...

Where's the money? 

Seems to be some suggesting there is none. Not even enough to pay off Rodgers for £10 million. 

Then others that suggest this is nonsense and there is money available and £20-30 million pounds signings will still be possible.

Which is it I wonder? Anyone genuinely got any insight into this? (Not you themightyfin) 

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

Where's the money? 

Seems to be some suggesting there is none. Not even enough to pay off Rodgers for £10 million. 

Then others that suggest this is nonsense and there is money available and £20-30 million pounds signings will still be possible.

Which is it I wonder? Anyone genuinely got any insight into this? (Not you themightyfin) 

If we sign someone for 30 million but keep Rodgers we'll know that the story that we're skint is pretty much bollocks and it's simply that our board are delusional Brendan fanboys

For someone/a culture whereby they're sensitive of what other people think of their actions - as in apparently, they didn't like the reception they received following the sacking of Ranieri.

It doesn't say much of how they regard or the respect of the fanbase of the club they own by continuing to employ Rodgers does it.

Edited by Matt

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, shiv said:

Converted £194m of debt to equity. So those who were complaining about our £200m+ debt can pipe down now as it’s essentially mostly gone.

Really good news, but also should never have been running like that in the first place. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, shiv said:

Converted £194m of debt to equity. So those who were complaining about our £200m+ debt can pipe down now as it’s essentially mostly gone.

Maguire puts dampener on it slightly from it being a heroic act. I’ve never had an issue with our owner’s financial commitment. I’ve just never liked the minute silence for the Thai King(nothing to do with Leicester City), parading a picture of the Thai King around the Walkers Stadium when we won the league, taking the trophy off the players in the process, and fundamentally the lack of acknowledgment to our history pre their arrival. 
However, I can hold these views whilst still feeling lucky that we have them, instead of others. I just think we should be allowed to criticise them. Leicester City is more and always will be more than this family.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, shiv said:

Make a new thread for this, this is huge!

For those wondering if Top was still backing the club... there's your answer!

After some criticism, from a few of us with twitchy bums, me included. Today has made me revisit an interview with Vichai, where he says that, "some people  worry about what if we sell the club, I can confirm this club, that we are going to keep it forever". What a man, what a family. I'm ashamed I even doubted them. 

• Like 2

Just now, smudger63 said:

After some criticism, from a few of us with twitchy bums, me included. Today has made me revisit an interview with Vichai, where he says that, "some people  worry about what if we sell the club, I can confirm this club, that we are going to keep it forever". What a man, what a family. I'm ashamed I even doubted them. 

In all fairness some of those "twitchy bums" have witnessed a startling decline in the club, it's board and managers and with no intervention over recent years. It could still be too late to save us from the drop. 

But I doubt many people are questioning Tops investment into the club which is what it literally is, an investment.

• Like 1

On 14/01/2023 at 21:53, STUHILL said:

Where's the money? 

There is a lot of fans group who build up on a thought,and becomes too easy FT forum fact…Its crap,and reversed fan clickbait…

The 50s,60s,90s mentality and accompanying financial approach in laws & regulations. Are dead. Clubs are ran differently now  in how they move finances, most fans are either clueless,or just follow older attitudes that don’t fit..

Fans not club have pushed the rhetoric on many issues including Rodgers pay-off,

Just incompetent wordings of frustrated fans..

3 hours ago, smudger63 said:

What a man he was 😢

• Like 1

6 hours ago, westernpark said:

Maguire puts dampener on it slightly from it being a heroic act. I’ve never had an issue with our owner’s financial commitment. I’ve just never liked the minute silence for the Thai King(nothing to do with Leicester City), parading a picture of the Thai King around the Walkers Stadium when we won the league, taking the trophy off the players in the process, and fundamentally the lack of acknowledgment to our history pre their arrival. 
However, I can hold these views whilst still feeling lucky that we have them, instead of others. I just think we should be allowed to criticise them. Leicester City is more and always will be more than this family.

Of course it is..

but there is nothing wrong,celebrating our new era,with the owners ( without King),and stroll together sharing our/their new achievements.

Whats gone is gone,and a new period ,did begin with KP and family’s involvement & intervention, I keep in fond memory ,Gillies,Bloomfield,Milne Wallace,MON,and even the other struggling chaff that crossed our threshold  periods.

The collective KP ,is in the now, they are no negatives in this partnership,it’s a story that is being played out,with its trials & tribulation,and some decent achievements…Some fans reckon they should sit on,every descision and movement they make…Life don’t work like that..This stupid incessant of ALWAYS chasing mistakes and the field of blame,and turning their own convenient blind eye

toward the progress and achievements…Far too much cynical thoughts & crap going on…

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Still oversaw one of the most naive summers in the clubs recent history and this is still a major concern for me.

4 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Still oversaw one of the most naive summers in the clubs recent history and this is still a major concern for me.

It is a concern, but hopefully a learning summer too. He has backed the manager now though and written off debt.  This is a positive for me.  Up to the manager now to get his head out of his arse, stop bemoaning the lack of quality, etc and start climbing the table.  Rodgers needs to realise how lucky he is and embrace it.  Would be gone at virtually every other Prem club by now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Of course it is..

but there is nothing wrong,celebrating our new era,with the owners ( without King),and stroll together sharing our/their new achievements.

Whats gone is gone,and a new period ,did begin with KP and family’s involvement & intervention, I keep in fond memory ,Gillies,Bloomfield,Milne Wallace,MON,and even the other struggling chaff that crossed our threshold  periods.

The collective KP ,is in the now, they are no negatives in this partnership,it’s a story that is being played out,with its trials & tribulation,and some decent achievements…Some fans reckon they should sit on,every descision and movement they make…Life don’t work like that..This stupid incessant of ALWAYS chasing mistakes and the field of blame,and turning their own convenient blind eye

toward the progress and achievements…Far too much cynical thoughts & crap going on…

Your use of the word King suggests an unnecessary hierarchy in the club that has connotations of divine right. The ownership do not have that. Saying that there are no negatives is a poor stance, because it sets out the notion that everything the ownership do is unanswerable. That’s how things get out of hand.

Furthermore, maybe unrelated to your post, but why was there not enough of a celebration of Belvoir Drive for the mens team. This was an iconic location where the legends that you mentioned trained, but the new Seagrave was seen as the greatest thing since sliced bread. Belvoir Drive was part of our club’s heritage. It’s not been acknowledged, that we have left. 

• Like 1