Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

I do find some of the criticism of him totally unfounded, completely over the top and without basic knowledge of business or financial matters

The summer was ridiculously bad, the in-club communication absolutely non-existent and the finances stretched to a point a 7 year Prem club should never have been involved in BUT him and his family are committed and personally invested in this club. Their work so far and financial plans & commitments going forward should have a lot of people hanging their heads for doubting them, especially those making some quite personal comments. I see the likes of Boehly chucking cash around like a total madman and certain others asset stripping once-proud clubs to the bare bones and feel lucky we have someone with a level head, even if I don't agree with his apparent backing of Rodgers.

1 hour ago, westernpark said:

Your use of the word King suggests an unnecessary hierarchy in the club that has connotations of divine right. The ownership do not have that. Saying that there are no negatives is a poor stance, because it sets out the notion that everything the ownership do is unanswerable. That’s how things get out of hand.

Furthermore, maybe unrelated to your post, but why was there not enough of a celebration of Belvoir Drive for the mens team. This was an iconic location where the legends that you mentioned trained, but the new Seagrave was seen as the greatest thing since sliced bread. Belvoir Drive was part of our club’s heritage. It’s not been acknowledged, that we have left. 

There is no Devine right,so another Conatation that doesn’t fit but, draws in the rantings for people looking for eggs of conspiracy between every blade of grass..

IF KP have done something untoward that will come out..I lost my interest in the

“News of the world“ & „People“  when I was 20, & popping off at every possible twist to any story..

Glories,past History is what remains in the fans hearts…

I could agree LCFC-marketing missed a good chance just to hit on the Belvoir-drive memories,but we do have a few LCFC historian who through LCFC.com & forum,who regularly write,or put together great articles over those history making

stories….Yes Seagrave for Leicester was the best thing since slice bread & Victoria sandwich cake.but our historians won’t let or allow  Belvoir-drive fade it’s a solid part of us..So don’t demean what they did & the BD-atmosphere,where some new players were astounded by the professionalism..

BD was a part of my youth story..after a Rugby & Athletic injury,thanks to sport &

LCFC-player connections,I could take advantage of a corner of BD,or the treatment bench…I was actually dragged along…

Others will have their own memories…

Edited by fuchsntf

He's out of excuses now, he's been backed in terms of time and signings.

Needs a result at Villa, but it's looking tough now

Edited by Tuna
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Geezer has zero idea on how to run a football club. Yeah he puts money in, yeah he writes loans off which we're all obviously thankfully for, but the club vs. fan relations are at an all time low, we've got a manager who has taken the piss for about 18 months now and insulted everyone from the players, the fans to the owner himself and the actual 'match day experience' is dogshit.

If it weren't for the day out with my mates I'd have given up following this football club a long time ago.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Geezer has zero idea on how to run a football club. Yeah he puts money in, yeah he writes loans off which we're all obviously thankfully for, but the club vs. fan relations are at an all time low, we've got a manager who has taken the piss for about 18 months now and insulted everyone from the players, the fans to the owner himself and the actual 'match day experience' is dogshit.

If it weren't for the day out with my mates I'd have given up following this football club a long time ago.

The owner of a football club doesn't run a football club, they put the money in, end of.

1 minute ago, yorkie1999 said:

The owner of a football club doesn't run a football club, they put the money in, end of.

Then the people they hire run the football club?

If he can't see Susan, Rudkin or whoever 'runs' the club are poor, then he shouldn't be owning a football club.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

The owner is responsible for hiring people to make sure the football club runs as it should. ATM clearly not doing that.

8 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Agreed but he needs to see his team/board/the departments below him are all poor. Dunno why or how he cannot see this. We are 3 points off 18th, it's there for him to see.

• Like 3

Like I said in another thread, he's too loyal to past successes yes Rodgers has won the FA Cup, yes Rudkin and Whelan oversaw league title, fa cup etc but you have to keep on top of things.

I know it's a bit different as he was a manager but Sir Alex Ferguson always knew when to get rid of players, Beckham, Keane etc and enjoyed continued success.

Edited by Tuna
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Like I said in another thread, he's too loyal to past successes yes Rodgers has won the FA Cup, yes Rudkin and Whelan oversaw league title, fa cup etc but you have to keep on top of things.

I know it's a bit different as he was a manager but Sir Alex Ferguson always knew when to get rid of players, Beckham, Keane etc and enjoyed continued success.

I suspect Amarty wouldn't!

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

Agree...I dont think Top has got the ruthless streak that his Dad had...but  i also think he has had other things to deal with over recent years, Covid etc affecting the main business.

Teams can be too loyal for their own good,,,I remember Bob Paisley at Liverpool saying that at the beginning of each season he would say to his players " If you lot have had enough of winning trophies i will go out and find  another 11 players who are not"....they never held onto players who they thought were past the best,no matter how good they had been in the past...Rush,Keegan,Fowler,Whelan,Case,McDermott

were moved out and replaced 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, drofmor55 said:

Agree...I dont think Top has got the ruthless streak that his Dad had...but  i also think he has had other things to deal with over recent years, Covid etc affecting the main business.

Teams can be too loyal for their own good,,,I remember Bob Paisley at Liverpool saying that at the beginning of each season he would say to his players " If you lot have had enough of winning trophies i will go out and find  another 11 players who are not"....they never held onto players who they thought were past the best,no matter how good they had been in the past...Rush,Keegan,Fowler,Whelan,Case,McDermott

were moved out and replaced 

The club and general fan base seems obsessed with keeping players at the club way past their sell by date. Not because of their character or ability to perform a role, but just because they happened to be part of something successful.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

The club and general fan base seems obsessed with keeping players at the club way past their sell by date. Not because of their character or ability to perform a role, but just because they happened to be part of something successful.

Would you include Vardy in that?

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

Top took some much needed action in January but he still didn't do the main thing he needed to do.

If he can't see what a toxic manager we have then he's going to pay the price.

It feels very apathetic, the club doesn’t realize what a predicament this situation is: I would rather have Stowell as a caretaker for the remainder of the season than Rodgers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drofmor55 said:

Agree...I dont think Top has got the ruthless streak that his Dad had..

I wouldn't even say his dad was that ruthless. He was just wiser and more proactive to things going on at the club. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

Would you include Vardy in that?

I would indeed, I've been saying he should have been going to the MLS in summer 2022 for at least 18 months.

No idea why we extended his contract

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

I wouldn't even say his dad was that ruthless. He was just wiser and more proactive to things going on at the club. 

Vichai made plenty of errors, but was very good at learning from them and improving.

9 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I would indeed, I've been saying he should have been going to the MLS in summer 2022 for at least 18 months.

No idea why we extended his contract

well he got 15 goals in 25 Premier League games last season. I'm not sure anyone could have predicted his game would fall off a cliff to such an extent this season - except you, perhaps! For someone so cocksure he appears bereft of confidence now. It's so sad to see

• Like 2

On 01/02/2023 at 21:23, iancognito said:

I do find some of the criticism of him totally unfounded, completely over the top and without basic knowledge of business or financial matters

The summer was ridiculously bad, the in-club communication absolutely non-existent and the finances stretched to a point a 7 year Prem club should never have been involved in BUT him and his family are committed and personally invested in this club. Their work so far and financial plans & commitments going forward should have a lot of people hanging their heads for doubting them, especially those making some quite personal comments. I see the likes of Boehly chucking cash around like a total madman and certain others asset stripping once-proud clubs to the bare bones and feel lucky we have someone with a level head, even if I don't agree with his apparent backing of Rodgers.

None of the commitment and investment actually matters though if you're too shortsighted to see or react to the decline under Rodgers, all of it could be in vane. Well meaning? Absolutely! Do you think Rodgers would still be here if Vichai was? The answer tells it's own story. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, filbertway said:

I have always said this and found it weird.

“Give him a coaching role” - why? Why would I want a former successful City player given a coaching job when there are good qualified coaches out there.

• Like 1