Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

I would indeed, I've been saying he should have been going to the MLS in summer 2022 for at least 18 months.

No idea why we extended his contract

hi wife has cost him millions...we've done it as a thank you for his services and so he's not flat broke.

• Haha 1

On 01/03/2023 at 16:26, volpeazzurro said:

None of the commitment and investment actually matters though if you're too shortsighted to see or react to the decline under Rodgers, all of it could be in vane. Well meaning? Absolutely! Do you think Rodgers would still be here if Vichai was? The answer tells it's own story. 

Top apparently sacked Pearson and Vichai re-instated him.

Vichai had apparently told Puel he was safe but Top fired him a few weeks after the chopper crash.

I've got no more idea what Vichai would or wouldn't have done than you or anyone else. The fact Top hasn't fired Rodgers despite numerous bad runs and player fall-outs shows how little any of us know what they're thinking at boardroom level.

On 01/03/2023 at 12:30, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

Would you include Vardy in that?

We’ve seen Vardy as a shadow of his usual pain in the arse kind of footballer we’ve loved tearing defences apart taking on shots and scoring goals that shouldn’t really be going in, Unfortunately age & possibly the stress of his wife’s court case has caught up with him, I’m sure everyone of us would love to see him back to his prime but that won’t happen he’s off the pace and unfortunately Brendan’s thinking he’s our saviour has impacted on the performances of both Nacho & Daka who’s game time was reduced because Brendan was keeping faith with JV even tho his form has dipped he’s no Peter Pan !

9 hours ago, iancognito said:

Top apparently sacked Pearson and Vichai re-instated him.

Vichai had apparently told Puel he was safe but Top fired him a few weeks after the chopper crash.

I've got no more idea what Vichai would or wouldn't have done than you or anyone else. The fact Top hasn't fired Rodgers despite numerous bad runs and player fall-outs shows how little any of us know what they're thinking at boardroom level.

To be honest, depending on which side you believe, it was the other way round with Pearson ie Top coming to the rescue after Vichai sacked him! Who really knows eh?

Can't comment on Puel however as I have no idea. Lose against Southampton though after the debacle of the last 18 months or so, I couldn’t see many other Premiership chairmen not pulling the trigger! Will Top? Not a chance, I'll think we'll be stuck with him this season and beyond unfortunately. 

5 hours ago, justfoxes said:

We’ve seen Vardy as a shadow of his usual pain in the arse kind of footballer we’ve loved tearing defences apart taking on shots and scoring goals that shouldn’t really be going in, Unfortunately age & possibly the stress of his wife’s court case has caught up with him, I’m sure everyone of us would love to see him back to his prime but that won’t happen he’s off the pace and unfortunately Brendan’s thinking he’s our saviour has impacted on the performances of both Nacho & Daka who’s game time was reduced because Brendan was keeping faith with JV even tho his form has dipped he’s no Peter Pan !

I totally agree and sadly I think JV is done at this level, I was just interested to see the thoughts of the OP

10 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

To be honest, depending on which side you believe, it was the other way round with Pearson ie Top coming to the rescue after Vichai sacked him! Who really knows eh?

Can't comment on Puel however as I have no idea. Lose against Southampton though after the debacle of the last 18 months or so, I couldn’t see many other Premiership chairmen not pulling the trigger! Will Top? Not a chance, I'll think we'll be stuck with him this season and beyond unfortunately. 

Oh he's getting a new deal in the summer absolutely guaranteed.

Vardy is such a character,and Wiley experienced player,he is capable of giving us another season & with goals,important he’s always had eye for space, for himself or other teammates,he’s not reliant on his extra Valium of speed,he can draw goals from other skill sets. He’s had a lousy conversion rate this season…ain’t bad after

several top seasons..Easy to question his age,but IMO can still deliver,but at present he’ll have to wait behind ( for the first time) Nacho..

Or after this Teams very poor season,where everything was a slung together chance. He could even now play in tandem with Nacho..

I am just now ponderin, cogs turning and meshing,

could Nacho do a Birchenall & turn into a very competent attacking midfielder, who became a great interface for Glover/Weller/Worthington..It was working until his major injury,even chosen for an English squad get together,but had to pull out.

• Like 1

On 03/03/2023 at 08:51, justfoxes said:

possibly the stress of his wife’s court case has caught up with him

I see this mentioned a lot but Vardy has never come across as the kind of guy that would let stuff like this affect him so I don't believe it has anything to do with his current form. 

The only area where we seem to be scoring goals in the current system is through Nacho and Maddison. Most of the goals we have scored this season have not been typical 'striker' goals - I think the 4 goals we scored V Spurs is a good indicator of the type of goals we score. 

Vardy and Daka have both looked absolutely garbage this season and it's no coincidence they're similar players. 

The system Rodgers plays does not suit them. You can see if we take Maddison and Nacho out we're as toothless and as hideous as you could imagine.

• Thanks 1

On 03/03/2023 at 09:34, MattFox said:

Then Vichai sacked him again at the first opportunity he had.

They could have easily made excuses for the Thai incident if they really wanted to

31 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Se Asian mentality says different .

I can’t think of a more much embarrassing incident for them to have to deal with….  Thailand is trying to move away from that historical reputation and this nasty video just placed it front and centre in people’s consciousness again…

Pearson was done for as soon as that video came out…. We also don’t know how Nigel responded?