Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

43 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

The only thing that baffles me with Top is that he was the trigger happy one with Pearson. Vichai saved Pearson’s bacon. Also if we were ruthless with Ranieri then why not Rodgers?

Allegedly the other way around 

9 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Allegedly the other way around 

...if that is the case then you can understand his reluctance to release Rodgers from his post!!!

If he believes in giving someone full backing to the end, he is only doing what he had done for Pearson. If he was prepared to go down under Pearson, he probably is prepared to go down under Rodgers.

10 hours ago, Tielemans63 said:

the first team is in free fall and in very real danger of going down, the women's team is 2 points adrift of safety, the u21s are in the relegation zone.

tbf this one doesn't really belong in the pile of sticks to beat the club with. They've changed manager, made good signings and are no longer looking utterly out of their depth. May be too little too late, time will tell, but they've improved hugely and have a good chance of staying up.

• Like 1

I find it very odd that the chairman let's the manager dictate the standards and expectations of the club rather than the chairman setting targets and the onus being on the staff to achieve them. We are without a doubt the weirdest club in the world.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I find it very odd that the chairman let's the manager dictate the standards and expectations of the club rather than the chairman setting targets and the onus being on the staff to achieve them. We are without a doubt the weirdest club in the world.

I’m starting to thing the board couldn’t run a bath, let alone a football club. I think the success we’ve had has masked a lot of the poor decision making…… The state of the player contracts is almost laughable. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

It's looking more likely that they stumbled upon a couple of good staff combos that had a clear idea of how to improve the club rather than being the ones responsible for implementing the blueprint.

Ideally the transfer policies, style of play and expectations would come from the top and manager/staff would be expected to slot into that.

There seems to be none of that and it's a case of letting managers operate how they want and hope it works out.

Precisely, that's what I was thinking.....when we had Pearson, Shakespeare, Walsh and the rest of their coaching, medical and recruitment staff. These old timers had football knowledge and their experience was vital for Vichy and Top.

These old fellows were honest blokes who genuinely were interested in the advancement of the club, even through they may not have been the best manager out there at that time.

Now I don't think Susan or Rudkin have the same personality or knowledge about football matters to help Top as those previous guys had.....and timedly couldn't stand up to Brendan and his ego.

2 hours ago, Pliskin said:

I’m starting to thing the board couldn’t run a bath, let alone a football club. I think the success we’ve had has masked a lot of the poor decision making…… The state of the player contracts is almost laughable. 

You couldnt be more true from some things i have heard over the years ! 

3 hours ago, filbertway said:

Newcastle (Ashley) Blackpool (Oyston) Cov (SISU) Man Utd (Glazers) to name a few would disagree.

Just now, Tommy G said:

Newcastle (Ashley) Blackpool (Oyston) Cov (SISU) Man Utd (Glazers) to name a few would disagree.

Throw Crawley's owners in there as well, they actually might take the biscuit for the worst owners in professional football in England.

The Ashley/Bruce love in was very weird.  

All 4 of those are mainly just leaches though right, looking to maximise income from the clubs. Absolutely awful to be in but not that weird.

Our manager and DOF are plummeting the value and reputation of the club and Top's basically offering out rusty trombones. I'm just waiting for the 8 year contracts.

Im predicting free doughnuts and beer at the next home game, to mitigate any protests. its genius, you aint gonna hold up a club protest sign while eating a free doughnut in your mouth. Simple Lester folk are all  easy to bait.

Edited by Simoken
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...if that is the case then you can understand his reluctance to release Rodgers from his post!!!

If he believes in giving someone full backing to the end, he is only doing what he had done for Pearson. If he was prepared to go down under Pearson, he probably is prepared to go down under Rodgers.

I don't think it's as simple as that though.  Under Pearson we had only just come up and had we been relegated it would have been a blow but wouldn't have jeopardised the future of the club.  If we'd kept that group of players together we'd have come straight back up having won the championship again instead of the premier league.  Going down this season will be catastrophic for the club financially as we've increased all our costs and borrowed against future earnings.

My concern is that Top seems to be blinded by his friendship with Rodgers which is what's making it hard for him to sack him - it's hard to sack a friend but sometimes those are the tough decisions the guy in the big chair has to make.  I can't see any other reason why he hasn't acted sooner if not.  I have zero ill will towards Top and am grateful for what his family has helped our club achieve.  I just wish he would act.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Yes and amazing how fans turn as quick as gone off milk against him.

Its not really. In any business where the consumer without the inside knowledge is seeing a drop in (self perceived) delivery of service the tide will turn. That's industry wide and especially so for a loved brand. 

Whether that is right or wrong is another debate but its not at all surprising. Its why so many brands target PR/marketing.

How much does Top delegate to Rudkin?

We assume Top is calling the shots. And that Top is mesmerised with Brendan.

But Top has a business empire to run. And we are nowhere near the most important part. Delegation must happen.

It's said Top and Vichai had direct says in Pearson's sacking. So it seems that Top was directly involved before.

But is it true now? With a new business empire to run, with close family members lost, thrust into new responsibilities, isn't it likely Top has less involvement with the club's decision making?

Top is obviously ultimately responsible.

But could these shite decisions be coming from Rudkin rather than Top, with Top erroneously trusting the judgement below him?

Edited by Foxxed
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Foxxed said:

How much does Top delegate to Rudkin?

We assume Top is calling the shots. And that Top is mesmerised with Brendan.

But Top has a business empire to run. And we are nowhere near the most important part. Delegation must happen.

It's said Top and Vichai had direct says in Pearson's sacking. So it seems that Top was directly involved before.

But is it true now? With a new business empire to run, with close family members lost, thrust into new responsibilities, isn't it likely Top has less involvement with the club's decision making?

Top is obviously ultimately responsible.

But could these shite decisions be coming from Rudkin rather than Top, with Top erroneously trusting the judgement below him?

I was told at the start of the season when i had a problem with mobile ticketing that it was Tops directive and he wanted everybody mobile next sesson so i would suggest he has time to make plenty of decisions ! Rudkins just a yes man !