Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

Guest Mee-9

He has to be held accountable for our failings this season.

I’ve said it many times but his inability to pull the trigger will cost us heavily.

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

First time there were quite vocal chants of Rodgers Out. 

Can only hope and pray Top understands how bad it has got and that he pulls the trigger on Rodgers. 

One thing that gives me hope is he removed Puel when we had a similar run of form so he’s done it before. 

He surely realises the confidence of the team is shot? 

I think Top was hoping we would regularly be fighting for top 6/8 on a regular basis without too much tweaking or intervention at board level on the day to day running of the club, leaving Whelan and Rudkin pulling most the strings.

Giving him the time to per-sue other agendas in KP/Horses and various Hotels.

Getting back to how he was with his late father, coming as a Fan.

Whilst we were riding the wave of winning the league and FA Cup and top 6 finishes he didn’t have many issues to face as the heat wasn’t on or questions  about his ownership skills.

Fast forward to now and we’re falling apart on and off the pitch, he now has to make big decisions and he has gone hiding as I don’t think he honestly knows what to do.

Now we’re going to have a tough next few months and he has to face a very distinct possibility we’re going down and make changes accordingly

He now has to show his metal and start making the correct decisions as the owner and make the tough and unpopular decision’s that may ruffle feathers but needs doing as with the loans etc we have taken out Relegation would be a dire conclusion. 

Edited by steflcfc

4 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

If what happened under Top happened under Mike Ashley people would call it what it is.

‘BUT WHO WOULD WE GET IN?’

’BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR!’

You took the words right out of my mouth, we sit here and blast other owners like Ashley and the Glazers, but do you think Rodgers would have made a fool of them like he has done Top? He’d have been sent packing months ago. It’s all well and good spending money but if you’re buying duds or leaving a manager in place 18 months longer than his sell by date then you shouldn’t be owning football club. 

4 minutes ago, D3lbert75 said:

We are at that point where I think it’s just as big a risk to sack him now.

should have happened earlier in the season.

Think we are stuck with him until the end of the season.

How the hell can it be just a big as risk to sack him? Under his management we could quite easily not win another game this season and finish bottom.  

Rolling the dice at this stage is win win because the worst that can happen is we go down still, which is almost a certainty if nothing changes.  Sacking Rodgers can't make things worse, it can only better our odds of improvement.

• Like 1

It's gonna be a cruel, expensive end for Top at this rate. Relegation has only 3 outcomes; all costing him hundreds of millions 

1. He has to find 180m in loans to finance the club. Money he seemingly hasn't got. 

2. Let it go for a knock down price / free to new investors and  kiss bye bye to a 500m asset 

3. Do neither of the above, and the club runs out if cash and we are handed over to administrators and incur a 10 point penalty 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

It's gonna be a cruel, expensive end for Top at this rate. Relegation has only 3 outcomes; all costing him hundreds of millions 

1. He has to find 180m in loans to finance the club. Money he seemingly hasn't got. 

2. Let it go for a knock down price / free to new investors and  kiss bye bye to a 500m asset 

3. Do neither of the above, and the club runs out if cash and we are handed over to administrators and incur a 10 point penalty 

This is the reality of the situation. The club has seriously neglected its finances over the last few seasons and subsequently put us in this position. We simply are too far over the championships financial regulations to comply without making wholesale changes. 

We could end up with just 13 first team on players due to all of the sales we would have to do. Which is no recipe for success. 

I think ether way, if we somehow survive King Power have to think about some extra investment, even if it is selling a portion of the club to one of these gulf princes or American billionaires to inject some extra money. You simply can’t survive or compete anymore without significant funding. Not if we can’t be consistent with our model, but then we need an owner with more back bone, one that states this is how the club is run, you’re here to manage and coach the team, and that’s all, not let the coach own him like a pet…..

11 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

We could end up with just 13 first team on players due to all of the sales

It'll be less than that. It'll have to be an absolute fire sale. I did the maths last night and it was the stuff of nightmares. We'd be left with just Ward and Luke Thomas - both of whom of course are totally unsellable. And probably Vards. Everyone else we'd be able to shift. And at absolute knockdown rates so the buyer can afford their wages. As an example, we may have to let KDH go for free instead of a market value of,.say 10m, so the new club can finance his wages. 

We'll have to rebuild a team Derby style over a summer, which we'd do -  Championship and league one Players on a free would walk to us to play. But it'll be ugly. We'd be a joke. We'd be crap and with FFP tiring our hands, unable to even buy our way out if the division even if we found new financiers 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

The thing the club have done well (despite their other fallings) is their PR drive re: the ownership. 

The amount of people who will reference the loan to equity transfer a few months ago as a self-less act still surprises me.

Relegation is disastrous and will set us back for a few years. I also think it will make the need for new ownership, investment, executive leadership an absolute must before anything else. Not that I don’t think it’s of high importance right now.