Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

29 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

This thread shows how toxic things have got recently. 

I’m as frustrated as the next person on our situation, but calling for King Power to sell up is a bit far for me. That could put us in even more trouble. We don’t know who we’d get, would they be as committed, would they be better than what we’ve got. 

I know it’s bad, but it has been worse with other owners in the past. Heck, we were even in administration. People want that again?? Don’t let the frustration cloud your judgement. I would hate to have someone own our club that could do a Bury and strip our assets and sink our club to the depths never seen. 

So let’s not call for the King Power to sell before anyone has shown an interest.

just my opinion. I’m sure I will get attacked for it :D

This was the same argument for Rodgers, be careful what you wish for. Now we're going down without a fight.

It'll be exactly the same in the Championship under this lot, they obviously have zero idea what they're doing if Rodgers position isn't even under threat that.

The thing with relegation to the Championship is there are no guarantees we will bounce back immediately.

if we go down BR will surely go but will we invest / bet on a name like Burnley did plus players or will they go for a Pearson type and rebuild slowly. Either way there are no guarantees in that league.

I hope we find some form from somewhere and get over the line and can take stock of what has gone wrong this the football side of the Club. At this stage we should be willing to consider Iversen, re-introducing Cags and anything else (formation change for example) if it means getting wins and climbing the table.

Edited by JimmyC74

5 hours ago, Pliskin said:

This is the reality of the situation. The club has seriously neglected its finances over the last few seasons and subsequently put us in this position. We simply are too far over the championships financial regulations to comply without making wholesale changes. 

We could end up with just 13 first team on players due to all of the sales we would have to do. Which is no recipe for success. 

I think ether way, if we somehow survive King Power have to think about some extra investment, even if it is selling a portion of the club to one of these gulf princes or American billionaires to inject some extra money. You simply can’t survive or compete anymore without significant funding. Not if we can’t be consistent with our model, but then we need an owner with more back bone, one that states this is how the club is run, you’re here to manage and coach the team, and that’s all, not let the coach own him like a pet…..

I could see us been sold if relegated, the situation will make the previous struggles to get promoted like childs play, not sure if KP will want to deal with the reset and huge £££ needed to start again.

Doing the training ground before stadium is looking a huge mistake at this point, the former been a luxury expensive to run pampering camp for the players, and the latter which would have served to help us on income.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1

Top appears to be brainwashed by the cult of Brendan Rodgers, I heard that his programme notes emphasised the importance of the fans creating an atmosphere, ignoring the fact that the last 2 years the fans have been served mainly slow and poor football at the KP with a declining squad in form, personnel and effort. Vichai would’ve ended the relationship as soon as Brendan started calling out the lack of support he’d had. Top’s weakness in managing the situation has encouraged the narrative that Rodgers is not in anyway responsible for the situation the team finds itself in when we all know that he should take the major responsibility for the impending relegation. Top’s admirable but unjustified loyalty to Rodgers and thus not taking the decisive action to sack him is ultimately a failure at ownership level that will cost the club massively. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

This thread shows how toxic things have got recently. 

I’m as frustrated as the next person on our situation, but calling for King Power to sell up is a bit far for me. That could put us in even more trouble. We don’t know who we’d get, would they be as committed, would they be better than what we’ve got. 

I know it’s bad, but it has been worse with other owners in the past. Heck, we were even in administration. People want that again?? Don’t let the frustration cloud your judgement. I would hate to have someone own our club that could do a Bury and strip our assets and sink our club to the depths never seen. 

So let’s not call for the King Power to sell before anyone has shown an interest.

just my opinion. I’m sure I will get attacked for it :D

I hear you but they're running on credit in the bank, and frankly, that isn't credit that Top has built up himself - more by association. It's all a bit sad. He got thrust into this position before he was really up to it (assuming he ever would be that is) and it really shows now.

His loyalty to truly inept people is going to kill us. I don't know what it's going to take for him to act. I really do think he's going to give Rodgers the season. You say about all these issues we've had before - we are seeing everything trend towards the same again.

Like I said if this was Mike Ashley, people would be objective and call out what's really happening here. I think the fact he is Vichai's son is going to absolve him of the criticism he truly warrants. If our fans can never bring themselves to be objective based on sentimentality, then we're in a very tough position and that may be why him selling wouldn't be a bad thing. Sad, but probably necessary.

• Like 1

Someone my family know who works at the training ground said that Rodgers hardly speaks to Susan Whelan/Top.

Also said Top sometimes hesitates in doing business within the club and takes his time to do it, whilst Vichai would do what he'd want for the best interests of the club almost immediately; also if Vichai disagreed with something, he'd let someone relevant at the club know straightaway.

• Like 3

Surely Top can't be happy with what he is seeing, surely at this very late stage, a decision point needs to be identified, and agreed by everyone including BR, for most that decision point was some time ago. Top do what you know to be right and send him on his way.

• Like 1

There so much coming out that was rumoured to be true earlier on in the season but dismissed. 

The disaster around the Vestegaard transfer and how Rodgers led it.

Kasper being pushed out by Rodgers on an ego trip.

The next one I’m putting money on coming out is the rumour that appeared on here a few months ago. One board member reluctant to sack Rodgers despite his/her other directors all in agreement. No prizes for guessing who that is.

The board complacent in all areas of the business. Now is that complacency due to 

Vichai was an exceptional business man who understood risk taking, had the experience and could oversee an operation this size. 

Top has the real time experience of a junior team member - the decision making as a result is suffering. 

Father = Great

Boy = Spoilt rich kid with no real world experience

A story as old as the hills.

Also, the mods on here are complicit in this. Threads of this nature anti Top were censored even totally deleted a year ago. Pathetic from them.

Edited by somebum
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

Top appears to be brainwashed by the cult of Brendan Rodgers, I heard that his programme notes emphasised the importance of the fans creating an atmosphere,...

He doesn't actually write them 

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

Someone my family know who works at the training ground said that Rodgers hardly speaks to Susan Whelan/Top.

Also said Top sometimes hesitates in doing business within the club and takes his time to do it, whilst Vichai would do what he'd want for the best interests of the club almost immediately; also if Vichai disagreed with something, he'd let someone relevant at the club know straightaway.

Rodgers talks to Rudkin. Rudkin talks to Whelan and Top. Top is slow and hesitant to do business with the club. 

To me, that sounds like Rudkin and Whelan are calling the shots.

Edited by Foxxed

13 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Rodgers talks to Rudkin. Rudkin talks to Whelan and Top. Top is slow and hesitant to do business with the club. 

To me, that sounds like Rudkin and Whelan are calling the shots.

Rudkin basically runs the footballing side of things and Whelan does the commercial side.

Just now, MattFox said:

Rudkin basically runs the footballing side of things and Whelan does the commercial side.

I'm blaming Top for being hands off. And Rudkin for being hands on, then.

If we thought things were toxic after Chelsea, if they don't act soon and we continue to lose.. things are really going to turn sour and it will be irrepairable.

Genuinely worried about the direction of this club right now.

Those comments only solidify what we already know. 

You don't need inside info to know the board think we'll be fine, you know this through their lack of action

The worst thing about it is that the fans on the whole are just letting it happen. 

They cleay need telling, very ****ing clearly. 

We're ****ed