Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

If they were really Top’s program notes, then sweet Mary, Joseph and the wee baby. We are ****ed. 

The fact he even has the audacity to come out and try and suggest we “rally together” when there’s literally nothing but hopeless despair amongst most of the fans. 

It appears they really don’t get it do they? There is absolutely no chance this teams stays up under Brendan, and when we eventually get relegated, and the sudden reality of the financial apocalypse that’s facing the club hits them, I can’t imagine what they will come out and say. 

If no action is taken, it just confirms that unfortunately, despite the recent success under them, King Power are no longer able to carry this football club forward. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Those program notes show the disconnect through parts of the club. 

We’ve got the highest security for years, a trial scheme for away tickets and a rearranged game where you can’t get your money…..but ‘rally together’. 

It’s a two way street. You can’t whack your most loudest supporters constantly on their head and then ask them on a whim to rally around 

Spot on 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

We’ve got the highest security for years, a trial scheme for away tickets and a rearranged game where you can’t get your money…..but ‘rally together’. 

It’s a two way street. You can’t whack your most loudest supporters constantly on their head and then ask them on a whim to rally around 

Feels like we going down a hill and can’t grab the handbrake.

20 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Has the ticket office been moved out of Leicester too? It’s no longer the usual voices that were there for years when you get through? And why all the added security are they preparing for some kind of riot at a match day? 

Edited by josh_baskin

1 hour ago, funkyrobot said:

Wow. Surely the words must reflect his opinion though? Who ghost writes it then? 

The comms team.

Usual practice would be to send an advance copy to be read and signed off, some just delegate the reading too but I've no idea if Khun Top does. If you look at them all, you will see a constant collection of themes. If something troubling is kicking off it might be recommended to address it - but mostly in an anodyne manner that (again) accentuates gratitude for support and pleading for a continuation of the great spirit our fans are known for[tm].

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I am gutted  in how he has allowed this situation to arise, I would hate to ever think negatively of his family as I am so appreciative of what they have achieved for my club but Top for gods sake please wake up, we can all see the end to this drama and it is not good, only you can change the ending.

• Like 1

For him to have come over, attended the match, and fvcked back off to Thailand without making a squeak of an announcement, I’m trying to rationalise what the situations might be and work out what I think should happen.

Regardless of our recent history, the last two-ish seasons have provided red flags galore. This season has been an endless signpost to the Championship. So, Kuhn Top:

• Understands the situation, can’t afford to act - irresponsible, sell the club
  • Understands the situation, thinks Rodgers will resolve it - incompetent, sell the club
  • Understands the situation, has plan in place, new manager lined up and finance in place - unbelievable and far fetched, remain
  • Any combination where he doesn’t understand the situation or is in denial - incompetent and irresponsible, sell the club

I’ve come to the point where I don’t think it’s good enough to rely on emotion and history. And I’ve now convinced myself that the only scenario whereby I’d be content with the current ownership and board to remain in-situ is one that relies on a series of fantastical propositions; a 5000-1 scenario.

The point where I temper it is when I consider what I want in the future. For the club, winning things is a bonus as I’d be perfectly happy returning to the Championship or, even better, League 1. Saturdays were just more fun. The current board could manage that.

But now, if I factor in what I want to see in the future as a fan of the club, it comes back to the communication and consideration from the board to the fans - and after all this time it just isn’t there. Comms from the club is as bad as I’ve ever known it.

So I’ve come to the conclusion that I believe his time is up. I no longer believe he or the board are competent, intellectually or financially. Nor do I believe they hold the support in the regard it should command. So, for these reasons, thank you for the good times, but it’s time we said farewell and parted ways.

—-

But what do you think a new owner would be like? Top loves the club!”

A valid pov. But, this is where if the second holds true, the first could be a brand new future - If Top loves the club then gift it back to the fans and let us become a 51%+ ownership model.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

We’ve got the highest security for years, a trial scheme for away tickets and a rearranged game where you can’t get your money back….but ‘rally together’. 

Add to that an automated response to emails to the management. Ok I wasn’t in truth expecting anything personalised, but my long and I think calm effort a couple of months back was quite obviously deleted within moments of receipt.

We, the supporters, are frankly an inconvenience to the Club itself.

9 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Someone I work with seems to think an emergency meeting has been called for today? Depending on how truthful that is, perhaps we will finally hear something today. 

Fingers well and truly crossed that he’s shown the door.

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Someone I work with seems to think an emergency meeting has been called for today? Depending on how truthful that is, perhaps we will finally hear something today. 

Just to check, the person you are referring to thinks the emergency meeting is related to the management at the club? I mean, I feel it’s more likely the emergency meeting will be about the lack of bog roll at seagrave. 

Edited by Chelmofox

29 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Their source isn't Indykaila by any chance is it? :ph34r:

28 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Top's plane returned to Thailand, landed earlier this morning.  Given the 7 hour time difference, if Top is called upon to make the big decision it will be a late night video call for him.  Why not just stay an extra day and do it in person?  It isn't like this "emergency" couldn't have been seen a mile off.

Maybe he's abdicated the responsibility and will go with the majority, but somehow I don't see anything of real significance happening today.

15 minutes ago, nnfox said:

Top's plane returned to Thailand, landed earlier this morning.  Given the 7 hour time difference, if Top is called upon to make the big decision it will be a late night video call for him.  Why not just stay an extra day and do it in person?  It isn't like this "emergency" couldn't have been seen a mile off.

Maybe he's abdicated the responsibility and will go with the majority, but somehow I don't see anything of real significance happening today.

If correct, this seems to suggest that no immediate changes are planned. 

It's the lack of any communication from the club - other than rather condescending and patronising program notes that is starting to bug me.

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

There will be a lot of this in the coming days....

31 minutes ago, Vazman said:

Another shit day at work checking in and out too see if there has indeed been an emergency meeting thanks @Pliskin

😂

I mean, it’s probably bollocks as someone has already put the fire out staying Top has pissed off back to Thailand haha! So no doubt we will just be sat here doing to same after the next game….

• Like 1

Just now, Pliskin said:

I mean, it’s probably bollocks as someone has already put the fire out staying Top has pissed off back to Thailand haha! So no doubt we will just be sat here doing to same after the next game….

Is your friends source IndyKaila? If so, I want you to slap him REAL HARD!!

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Someone i dont work with but told me that he is BR private driver's son told me that, the menu at the training facility is fish and chips today.

• Like 1