Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

“Unity”

Perhaps have a listen to the manager you’re employing and see how he’s “uniting” people…

Do me a favour.

Im with you Brendan!!!!!

:brendan_still:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Noahfence said:

Can someone please explain to me why the club are just happy to go down? I’m really struggling to get my head round it 

I don't think its in the clubs value creation plan to go down, whether they are equipped to stop it is another matter.

18 minutes ago, Noahfence said:

Can someone please explain to me why the club are just happy to go down? I’m really struggling to get my head round it 

Because the board are severely out of their depth. They made a decision to go all in on Rodgers a few years ago and give him unprecedented power and they have absolutely no idea how to resolve it.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Those program notes show the disconnect through parts of the club. 

We’ve got the highest security for years, a trial scheme for away tickets and a rearranged game where you can’t get your money back….but ‘rally together’. 

It’s a two way street. You can’t whack your most loudest supporters constantly on their head and then ask them on a whim to rally around 

Say it louder for those at the back.

All this crap about the fans getting behind the football club, nope. We'll still have a football club even when we're in the pits of League 1.

50 minutes ago, Noahfence said:

It’s driving me mad thinking about it, in fact I have been waiting for them to do something nearly for 12 months .

1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

I am with you on this. It seemed that Rodgers was always their destination rather than part of a constantly evolving plan for where they want to go. I bet that Brighton for instance have a plan so that they know what they want to do when de Zerbi leaves.

Yep - your football expertise is Jon Rudkin. His first objective always seems to be protect himself. 

4 hours ago, Noahfence said:

I'm not sure they are... but.... hypothetically.

- Relegation would probably mean a significantly reduced severance for midget twat wank stain

- Parachute means a fairly stable year if we come straight back up

- Will be able to sell some big assets and have a complete reset on wage structure

- They'll have seen what Burnley have done, complete rebuild/restyle and promoted already more or less

Even more hypothetically....

- They might close the east stand for the season and crack on with the construction work? Setting it up as ready for a new season in the Prem.

Granted that's all pie in the sky and most likely bollocks... but there's some sense in some of it. 

It's almost like maybe they can't see a way out of this financial hole, so they're considering triggering something that would help justify selling key players and re-starting. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AjcW said:

- Relegation would probably mean a significantly reduced severance for midget twat wank stain

- Will be able to sell some big assets and have a complete reset on wage structure

- They'll have seen what Burnley have done, complete rebuild/restyle and promoted already more or less

- They might close the east stand for the season and crack on with the construction work? Setting it up as ready for a new season in the Prem.

Granted that's all pie in the sky and most likely bollocks... but there's some sense in some of it. 

It's almost like maybe they can't see a way out of this financial hole, so they're considering triggering something that would help justify selling key players and re-starting. 

makes a lot of sense, if we got promoted straight away we would probably be in a better position than we would barely staying up next few seasons

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tomlcfc133 said:

makes a lot of sense, if we got promoted straight away we would probably be in a better position than we would barely staying up next few seasons

It would certainly be risky, you're talking huge turnover of players. Off the bat we'd have ZERO attackers in this scenario as there's no way Daka, Nach, Vardy, Barnes, Maddison or Tete hang around. So you're talking about needing to sign circa 6/7 players just for the front portion of the pitch.

On the other hand, Souttar, Faes etc... they're the sort of 'good' players who would likely stay for the fight. Similarly Kristiansen is too much of an unknown for someone to take a punt on him straight away. Could argue JJ stays for a season of injury recovery too. LIkely see the back of Evans, Castagne, Ricardo, Soyuncu and Lurch. 

Midfield is where things start to look young. Braybrooke and Alves given the chance to shine, with Hamza coming back into the squad given he's done a decent job at Watford. Wilf, Bouba and Mendy all go of course. So midfield again needs attention from a new signings point of view. 

It would be a mamouth task, but other clubs have done it successfully. We could even perhaps loan out the likes of Daka so that they're there for when we potentially come back!

40 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Not totally beyond the imagination but ... what would the feeling/stroke atmosphere be like if they announced that Rodgers would be remaining in post for the rebuild and fight to get back into the Premiership?

I for one would like to know when decision time is for renewing season tickets is? Should we be relegated that wouldn't necessarily dissuade me as we've been there before and I've enjoyed the fight back. However, if we're relegated and Rodgers remains in charge, I personally shan't be renewing as I just couldn't stand another season of him.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, AjcW said:

It would certainly be risky, you're talking huge turnover of players. Off the bat we'd have ZERO attackers in this scenario as there's no way Daka, Nach, Vardy, Barnes, Maddison or Tete hang around. So you're talking about needing to sign circa 6/7 players just for the front portion of the pitch.

On the other hand, Souttar, Faes etc... they're the sort of 'good' players who would likely stay for the fight. Similarly Kristiansen is too much of an unknown for someone to take a punt on him straight away. Could argue JJ stays for a season of injury recovery too. LIkely see the back of Evans, Castagne, Ricardo, Soyuncu and Lurch. 

Midfield is where things start to look young. Braybrooke and Alves given the chance to shine, with Hamza coming back into the squad given he's done a decent job at Watford. Wilf, Bouba and Mendy all go of course. So midfield again needs attention from a new signings point of view. 

It would be a mamouth task, but other clubs have done it successfully. We could even perhaps loan out the likes of Daka so that they're there for when we potentially come back!

Burnley brought in 30 new players in the summer its doable , obviously i think its more the right manager though to take you back up and create and instant identity . i.e Pearson in 08/09 and Kompany with Burnley

1 minute ago, Tomlcfc133 said:

Burnley brought in 30 new players in the summer its doable , obviously i think its more the right manager though to take you back up and create and instant identity . i.e Pearson in 08/09 and Kompany with Burnley

Yeah Kompany was a clever move mainly for the contacts, probably no way they got 60% of those players without him.

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

If all this is true maybe Danny Ward is in on the whole thing too and top is paying him backhanders to go all Bruce Grobblelaar on us, he is ex Liverpool too.  Would explain a lot about his performances.
:crylaugh:

• Haha 1