Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

Just now, iancognito said:

Fact is, he doesn't do a lot of "running" the football club. That's Whelan and Silvester and Rudkin. Most of this anti-Top stuff is because he's not sacked Rodgers. If he had have done that at Christmas, I doubt there's any sentiment of a lack of interest.

That's fine but he is ultimately responsible for employing those people. If the evidence continues to mount that they aren't very good at running the club but he continues to allow them to do so then where else are we meant to look? I can't really say I particularly care what Top does on match days or during the week, or how involved he is on a day-to-day basis, as long as there are competent people here to run it in his stead, but as far as I can tell that isn't the case.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, iancognito said:

When they came in, sacked Pearson, brought in Sousa, sacked Sousa, brought in Sven, bankrolled Sven with the likes of Lee Mills and then sacked Sven and brought back Pearson I said his Dad was a sack-happy buffoon, clueless about running a football club but a couple of trophies changed that.

Fact is, he doesn't do a lot of "running" the football club. That's Whelan and Silvester and Rudkin. Most of this anti-Top stuff is because he's not sacked Rodgers. If he had have done that at Christmas, I doubt there's any sentiment of a lack of interest.

The fact he hasn't shows he can't make the big calls 

He can't 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, alanf0x said:

I think top is taking a lot of flack for people working below him, who are on a serious wage and not performing. 

Too busy focusing on the wrong things…clappers vs no clappers, honesty flags, free bus travel, away ticket collections, chasing players who don’t want to be here. 

Rudkin and Whelan are more to blame here than top. They should be reporting back to Top to advise Rodgers should be gone. 

The talk was they wanted exactly that.

28 minutes ago, Clarkey123 said:

The sad thing is we used to be the club that Brighton are today 

Football is cyclical and it’s inevitable that a club like us will be overtaken by someone else in the pack but it’s the way it’s happened and the extreme nature on our part that is criminal.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, alanf0x said:

I think top is taking a lot of flack for people working below him, who are on a serious wage and not performing. 

Too busy focusing on the wrong things…clappers vs no clappers, honesty flags, free bus travel, away ticket collections, chasing players who don’t want to be here. 

Rudkin and Whelan are more to blame here than top. They should be reporting back to Top to advise Rodgers should be gone. 

He employs them all. 

• Like 1

I've spent most of this season thinking Rodgers has been taking the pi55 out of Top. But now i know its not the case. Rodgers has been coasting all year and Top doesn't have the management structure to deal with it. I imagine Top has implemented his 'execs' to run the club, but makes sure he has the final say on key decisions. This season, Top hasn't been capable of making the decisions that he has given himself total authority over.

Rodgers hasn't been taking the pi55 out of Top, he's getting away with it because he knows he can. Its just a simple matter that Top is completely incompetent. 

Edited by Chelmofox

34 minutes ago, iancognito said:

When they came in, sacked Pearson, brought in Sousa, sacked Sousa, brought in Sven, bankrolled Sven with the likes of Lee Mills and then sacked Sven and brought back Pearson I said his Dad was a sack-happy buffoon, clueless about running a football club but a couple of trophies changed that.

It appears that Top has the final say on Rodgers sacking. If this was done at Christmas, and a solid appointment made, then that would have been Top making a decisive decision on behalf of the club. Whats actually happened is that Top is now managing in fear, shying away and not managing the situation that someone in his position should be. People are saying he has lost interest, because it really looks like he has.

40 minutes ago, alanf0x said:

I hear there's some Croatian bloke who would be happy buying the club for tuppence hapenny.

Seriously though, they ALL need to go. ALL of them.

1 hour ago, alanf0x said:

Buck stops with the owner at the end of the day

He employs these people

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

Football is cyclical and it’s inevitable that a club like us will be overtaken by someone else in the pack but it’s the way it’s happened and the extreme nature on our part that is criminal.

That’s what hurts more than anything for me, the fact that the writing has been on the wall for 18 months and no personal changes have been made makes my blood boil, even now I’m confident with the games left a fresh new voice in the dressing room, any other voice that is could scrape us survival for another season at least but we all know the instigator is here to stay like some military dictator in a 3rd world country. I cant recall any situation like this where a team has just ignored being in free fall other than Blackburn who have remained in football wilderness ever since.

Edited by jonathan_ross
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, jonathan_ross said:

That’s what hurts more than anything for me, the fact that the writing has been on the wall for 18 months and no personal changes have been made makes my blood boil, even now I’m confident with the games left a fresh new voice in the dressing room, any other voice that is could scrape us survival for another season at least but we all know the instigator is here to stay like some military dictator in a 3rd world country. I cant recall any situation like this where a team has just ignored being in free fall other than Blackburn who have remained in football wilderness ever since.

Screams neglected/lost interest unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

We have gone from the best team in the Midlands to soon becoming the worst, we may be struggling to get a result against Cov next season 

Being a great leader means you have to keep making the tough decisions. At this point we have people running the club who have clearly failed to see the issues for arguably more than two seasons. It isn’t good enough. 

This should never have been allowed to run this long and the issues should not have been compounded by inaction and fear. There is no excuse. The problem has been obvious for a long time now. Action needs to be taken NOW!!!!

Grim seeing fans turning on him.

He needs to make a decision.

Not convinced the board in general are in agreement about the direction of the club.

Edited by RoboFox

The reality is we have at best a mediocre/lower than average board with an owner who has no clue how to make a million let alone several. He’s been groomed to be successful but he never achieved success on his own. The excuses of COVID impact etc. means nothing in the real world. An entrepreneur adapts and he can’t. 

As for the board. Who is going to bang down the door to get Whelan, Rudkin, Capper or any of the others off us ? Their careers were made by one man, Vichai - him not being here is evident in where we are. 

The best thing to happen to this club would be for this lad to leave and for him to continue pissing away his fathers fortune away from us. Let’s get some real talent in the exec roles. Let’s get rid of the dead wood starting with Top and his board. It’s going to take us a few years to rebuild. And yearning for PL football like we did will return. It hurts more this time because of what Vichai had given us. But it is what it is.

We have a fan base which contains genuine losers. People who have zero ambition, hope. Anything that reflects success is alien to them and putting up with those during this period will hurt more as explaining the fall will always fall on deaf ears. 

This lad taking over has spoilt what was a great few years. Whether he is 35,45 or 55 - Top should never have been given this club. We will suffer because of his role. His family will probably suffer in years to come because of his incompetence. He wants to emulate his father but he doesn’t have the minerals to do it and that can’t be bought or taught. 

• Like 3