Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

29 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...the frustration on this forum is to do with the inaction of the people who makes the decisions!!!

The vitriol aimed at Top is not needed but he needed to have at least acknowledged that there was a problem and something was being done.

Communication from the club has been poor in all aspects and people have voiced there concerns regarding ticketing, service at the ground and many other issues.

Perhaps a more hands on approach is needed with more visibility from the chairman/woman and his chief officers. 

Matt Piper said in yesterday’s WYS podcast that the Club has been too reactive because the top of the Club aren’t from a football background.

If that is true, and it seems reasonable, then Top hasn’t been given the best advice from his Director of Football and he needs to upgrade Rudders in the Summer.

Edited by JimmyC74
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

he told you that?

Exactly. Where do these people hear these things?  I do love the ‘make it up as you go along brigade spurting out Bull shite’.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

Matt Piper said in yesterday’s WSP podcast that the Club has been too reactive because the top of the Club aren’t from a football background.

If that is true, and it seems reasonable, then Top hasn’t been given the best advice from his Director of Football and he needs to upgrade Rudders in the Summer.

...when KP came in Rudkin would have been the point man!!!

I suspect when Rodgers rocked up Top would have felt he had an alternative source  to give him a different perspective of the game. 

I can understand Piper's assertion that KP is reactive as opposed to being proactive, and in the long run, Khun Top needs to be more hands on.

We do need someone to oversee the develope of the club as a whole, in regards to the different age groups and pathways to the first team. Macia leaving us did not help  and a real football development director needs to come in.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

I don't really buy this. When we won the FA Cup I don't think we were talking about how the accident has led to this and that. 

For me it's the actions of Brendan that's led to the toxicity. Top should have reacted to that, but as much as I have been really unhappy with Brendan, I think there's a lot of qualities in showing loyalty over the usual stereotypical trigger happy foreign owner that we see so often. Let's not forget the farce of sacking and rehiring Nigel under Vichai. Hardly screamed of well run and organised did it?

I think you're talking about different things. One being football the other was KP control.

When we won the Cup we had the nucleus of a good team still playing for each other.

Things changed for KP after the accident. Vichai's shareholding still had to be divided as per his Will. 

This has happened in the meantime which means instead of Vchai controlling all of his family's interests, they each have their own shareholding now. Which can mean it's difficult to get a consensus.

As to Brendan you are right. He has taken us backwards due mainly to his poor signings and failing to sign players to do the job needed.

I still believe a CF would have got us top 4 when we finished 5th.

And we wouldn't be in the position we are if we had a proper CF now.

As to the sacking and rehiring.

That was a clash of personalities at the time. At least Vichai was big enough to accept he may have acted hastily.

Things are likely to remain strained for a while unless Top can buy out his family's shares, which he may not even want too.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gamble92 said:

I'm just saying there wasn't exactly this amazingly run club beforehand either. In spite of the success on the pitch. The hiring and firing of Sven and throwing money at it all before Nigel got here could have ended every bit like Derby. Then the absolute shitshow of firing and rehiring Nigel etc. 

It's easy to just sit there now and pretend everything was amazing under Vichai. We benefitted massively from having a superb Scout and a few really great people thinking ahead of the game for a few years. Now everyone has caught up and then some and we have absolutely shit the bed.

Yes you are right. Vichai knew very little about football before coming here. He was convinced by the then club chairman to rehire Pearson. He was the Catalyst for all the good that came after. He brought the professionalism to the club both on and off the pitch.

He may not be the best Coach. But he's a really great Manager who gets players onside and believing in themselves. And was clearly a good judge of a player Unlike Brendan.

He's working the same magic at Bristol City now.

I'd have him back running the Club,  even with a young team manager or Coach.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

There have been rumours 

the rumours went quiet once it became clear we were going to be in a relegation fight 

I mean the rumours have not come from a single actually reliable source have they?

Pretty sure the silly rumours mostly went quiet when he cleared that debt

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I mean the rumours have not come from a single actually reliable source have they?

Pretty sure the silly rumours mostly went quiet when he cleared that debt

There was some talk that came from the states early in the season 

but then it went quiet - probably Co incidence and nothing to it but if there was any truth to it, our poor start and a possible relegation would have put paid to it anyway. 

3 hours ago, Line-X said:

I agree with @Daggers 

I’m currently in denial that my holiday is over and living vicariously through the medium of duty free gin. This is the only bit in your post I can actually make out rn and fully approve of its message.

I am slightly concerned that anyone would agree with anything I posted while drunk on holiday or sleep deprived while travelling. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Daggers said:

I am slightly concerned that anyone would agree with anything I posted while drunk on holiday or sleep deprived while travelling. 

That's when you tend to make the most sense though!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Diggler90 said:

KO’d? For stating I’d rather have our current ownership than someone such as Mike Ashley or maybe even worse. Someone has already stated the other clubs that have accepted new owners into the club and learnt the hard way and still languish in the lower leagues.

You may disagree with some decisions that have been made by the ownership, but can you honestly say that you don’t think have the clubs best interests at heart?

Reading my whole post will provide the answers to your questions tbf. 

Ko’d more an expression given the user tracked down a post you made in September, impressive work! I can’t keep any usernames in my head apart from lcfchosh and lcfc098 ‘any tickets spare’ ‘need two tickets’ ‘any u22s’ in literally every match thread 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 02/04/2023 at 19:11, Lako42 said:

I absolutely did. 

Although it seems I was giving the board too much credit in thinking they would actually have a plan for this outcome. 

Weve been utterly shite for 18 months but apparently we have no contingency plan and we're just hoping stability would work out. 

Complete and utter negligence from the board. 

The giveaway was the fact we've just had two weeks and yet it's taken an entirely predictable abject showing (about the 50th in the last two years) to tip the scales.

Glad it happened but Leicester being well run is an illusion.

6 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...when KP came in Rudkin would have been the point man!!!

I suspect when Rodgers rocked up Top would have felt he had an alternative source  to give him a different perspective of the game. 

I can understand Piper's assertion that KP is reactive as opposed to being proactive, and in the long run, Khun Top needs to be more hands on.

We do need someone to oversee the develope of the club as a whole, in regards to the different age groups and pathways to the first team. Macia leaving us did not help  and a real football development director needs to come in.

Ralf Rangnick would be a perfect advisor to oversee the club, could do so alongside his role as Austria manager too. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Ralf Rangnick would be a perfect advisor to oversee the club, could do so alongside his role as Austria manager too. 

Always said this. We’d be a great redemption arc for some people out there. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

I'd take him in a heartbeat. He needs a project and to be given time. The players he would find us would be different class to anyone else out there. His time at Man Utd makes him so underrated someone will get him eventually and he will do a fantastic job for them. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, desertfox2 said:

I'd take him in a heartbeat. He needs a project and to be given time. The players he would find us would be different class to anyone else out there. His time at Man Utd makes him so underrated someone will get him eventually and he will do a fantastic job for them. 

Exactly this his time at United in the fickle world of football I think has made him somehow less attractive? 

The man is the godfather of the modern game, most top managers in world football either are directly inspired by his methods or have learned them 2nd hand through other coaches who were. 

would be perfect imo. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, desertfox2 said:

We need an impact manager first to keep us up.

Dyche would have been perfect, so annoying we dithered.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

We need an impact manager first to keep us up.

Dyche would have been perfect, so annoying we dithered.

He started very well at Man Utd and had an instant impact. It just went downhill after that but it was always going to be difficult as an interim manager. Players need to know the manager is going to be there "permanent"