Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

29 minutes ago, somebum said:

Jordan is an idiot probably not true

I don’t agree with everything he says but he makes some very good points and was one of a small minority who had called Rodgers out well before the sacking( sorry mutual agreement)

4 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Jordan would absolutely know if we were up for sale. He'd more than likely be a go to facilitator for any club in the league given his knowledge of ownership etc.

Highly doubt that given Jordan's record in football ownership. I.e. bodging the purchase of a ground, getting sued by a manager and putting the club you owe into administration. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Thank god you don’t make these decisions for the club. Imagine wanting Simon Jordan to facilitate a club sale.

How did you read all of that from a simple suggestion that Simon Jordan tries to get involved in club sales?

57 minutes ago, bigboy said:

On Talk sport this morning Simon Jordan stated the club is up for sale. I wonder how much this is true?

In The Sun this morning Piers Morgan wrote about how they will be replaying the World Cup final as Messi has been found to have no Argentinian blood in him and actually I will replace him in the no.10 position as my real grandad is Maradona. The game will be played on the Moon and NASA have paid £1bn for the broadcasting rights. You get the drift, it's a nonsense clickbait radio station, ignore.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, somebum said:

How much of that is accurate I wonder. "Most" managers is slightly exaggerated surely

I guess most is exaggerated yeah, but many of the top top managers in the world and over the last 10 years attribute his work as incredibly influential, managers like pep for example, how many manager have directly or indirectly taken ideas from him? Klopp the same. 
Off the top of my head Marco Rose, Hassenhuttl, Nagelsmann, Thomas Tuchel, Klopp and Pep all attribute his work in developing their own game. But yeah "most" was the wrong choice of word. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...he seems to have got it right regarding Rodgers and his tenure here, why should we not believe him now!!!

He formed an opinion based on facts we all know but it's not to say he's right about much else!

20 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

I guess most is exaggerated yeah, but many of the top top managers in the world and over the last 10 years attribute his work as incredibly influential, managers like pep for example, how many manager have directly or indirectly taken ideas from him? Klopp the same. 
Off the top of my head Marco Rose, Hassenhuttl, Nagelsmann, Thomas Tuchel, Klopp and Pep all attribute his work in developing their own game. But yeah "most" was the wrong choice of word. 

If that's the case thanks for pointing that out, I had no idea

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dusty said:

Thank god you don’t make these decisions for the club. Imagine wanting Simon Jordan to facilitate a club sale.

Did I say i'd like him to facilitate the sale of our club? Or did I say I imagine given his contacts he'd be an attractive person to do so if a club wished?

Christ... 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, somebum said:

If that's the case thanks for pointing that out, I had no idea

Yeah for someone with such a far reaching influence over modern football, it's surprising he's not as well known or his history isn't much spoken about, Rangnick is the coach who "invented" the gegenpressing style that we see all over world football.  his wiki page is quite good if you're interested. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralf_Rangnick

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Yeah for someone with such a far reaching influence over modern football, it's surprising he's not as well known or his history isn't much spoken about, Rangnick is the coach who "invented" the gegenpressing style that we see all over world football.  his wiki page is quite good if you're interested. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralf_Rangnick

Also highly recommend Das Reboot by Raphael Honigstein