Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

He just left it way too long to sack Rodger’s. Whether that was through loyalty or finances or both I’m not sure but the rot set in sometime in 2021 and he should have sacked him after 5/6 games - the Brighton game in September was a disgrace and the whole of the football management team should’ve yes have gone

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Top should have sacked Rodgers months ago - there is a lot of captain hindsight in this thread and forum too. 

The biggest decision in life some people have had to make is what to have for breakfast - he won’t get every decision right but I know for sure he isn’t screwing this football club on purpose, he’s either being mis advised or purely not experienced enough to handle the whole thing. 

He’s got some big decisions to make and he’ll be tossing and turning tonight I’m sure.

I don’t disagree with you that he isn’t actively working to destroy his own investment. He would be stupid if he was. However, it certainly isn’t hindsight to say he should’ve sacked Rodgers months ago. It would’ve been hindsight back in January. Being aware that it was too ****ing late to sack the guy was obvious to everyone since mid-Feb! 

28 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

It’s hard to put into words how poorly run this club has become, a staggering wage bill, signing endless deadwood, not sacking a manager until it’s too late and then not having a suitable replacement lined up

Who is going to want to come here this late in the season. It’s a poisoned chalice of a position.

We’re fvcked 

If you speak to anyone that works at the training ground they'll tell you what a shit show it is. No leadership, no accountability. We've gone from the best run club in the country to the worst. They're all still back-slapping the successes. 

1 minute ago, Vestan Pance said:

If you speak to anyone that works at the training ground they'll tell you what a shit show it is. No leadership, no accountability. We've gone from the best run club in the country to the worst. They're all still back-slapping the successes. 

What a mess.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I don’t disagree with you that he isn’t actively working to destroy his own investment. He would be stupid if he was. However, it certainly isn’t hindsight to say he should’ve sacked Rodgers months ago. It would’ve been hindsight back in January. Being aware that it was too ****ing late to sack the guy was obvious to everyone since mid-Feb! 

You had many Chairman roles? Leadership positions? Decision maker roles? My point was - sometimes you might have complete blind faith on your opinion even when everything is pointing to the opposite.

I agree Top should of sacked him months ago, just (in my opinion) I won’t sling mud at the guy, he’s not had an easy time personally, his cash cow has suffered due to covid and he’s made some questionable decisions here at LCFC - but he’s also got the fa cup under his belt too. 

There are a lot of people that just jump at the chance to swing at him tbh. 

• Like 3

Guest Mee-9

He’s the problem and has been all season.

I said it months ago and got stick for it on here, but his inability to make a decision will cost us. Now here we are.

35 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

Did I even say that? Whether we like Rodgers or not the squad needed strengthening! Kasper had gone and he needed replacing, We should have signed Lookman etc 

yeah but is rodgers the man to sign these players. he would've bought in more crap and got them injured as usual.

• Like 1

How many chances did they have? How many slumps? How many fvcking chances? That’s it now, tonight’s decided it for me. We’re toast. A decade of hard work down the swanny. 

I heard Sadler on Talksport about half an hour ago. In three minutes he gave me more heart, sincerity and honesty than Rodgers managed in 4 years. The board and the owner should be ashamed. A circus. 

When I heard his father's name being sung in the Kop at the 65th minute, I could only help but wonder what Vichai would think of the state of affairs, and how Top has handled this. He wouldn't be angry, but he would be sorely disappointed, which hurts so much more.

Top has made the key decision, far too late. 15 months too late, and it could cost us BIG for a few years to come. Losing to Forest in the FA Cup should have been the trigger point. He has shown his naïvety and lack of experience in handling a football cluband should therefore sell to someone that can invest, and the likes of Jon Rudkin and Susan Whelan should hang their heads in shame and be removed from their positions. The manager often takes the brunt of the criticism and sometimes rightly so, but the board now has to be held accountable also.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Bezzanator89 said:

When I heard his father's name being sung in the Kop at the 65th minute, I could only help but wonder what Vichai would think of the state of affairs, and how Top has handled this. He wouldn't be angry, but he would be sorely disappointed, which hurts so much more.

Top has made the key decision, far too late. 15 months too late, and it could cost us BIG for a few years to come. Losing to Forest in the FA Cup should have been the trigger point. He has shown his naïvety and lack of experience in handling a football cluband should therefore sell to someone that can invest, and the likes of Jon Rudkin and Susan Whelan should hang their heads in shame and be removed from their positions. The manager often takes the brunt of the criticism and sometimes rightly so, but the board now has to be held accountable also.

:appl:

2 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

His loyalty has cost us dearly it’s all on him this. The owners haven’t done much wrong since coming but this is a massive mistake. It’s been coming for probably 13/14months.

You can’t just class them as the owners, there’s a big difference between Vichai and Top, one had a passion for us, This Is a chore for Top. Hopefully some one decent not Saudis,come in and buy us cause we are only going down with Top and Rudkin at the helm. 

6 hours ago, Bezzanator89 said:

The problem with Rudkin, is he's a yes man, he won't be saying anything contrary to what Top wants to hear. He has been stealing a living at the club for years by being a yes man.

I have a fresh perspective on Top this morning, in 2018 he loses his father. At the time we have Puel until February, there is a real feeling of loss until February 2019 when the decision to sack him and replace him with Rogers was made. At the time I was excited by this and this excitement was matched for 2 years. Rogers has given us 3 of our top 4 finishes, won us our first FA cup, an helped Top to move on after the loss of his father. Add in the pandemic amongst all that and the huge hit to the King Power business. I can understand why it took so long to sack Rogers though I didn't agree it should of taken so long. Even if we do now go down, im sure we will learn from the mistakes.

Just get the impression the club have given up, players have given up and the fans have. 

Just no energy from any side of the club at the moment. And that is the sign to me that we’re not capable of getting out of this mess.

Just feels like everyone is going through the motions, next season we’ll be in a whole lot of pain. Championship, need of a rebuild, loss of revenue, players on high wages and won’t want to play in the championship but no one wants, owners sell up? It could get very messy

10 hours ago, chapero82 said:

It all started by not strengthening in the summer and it's really cost us now!

.. there was a lot if posters who were reluctant to give money to Rodgers to spend in the summer!!!

I felt it may have been a ploy by the board so as not to finance him.       

Personally I was relieved that we were not bankrolling him and this team had more than enough to compete. The lack of substitutes in the first game was a precursor to him sabotaging the team.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

Time to go. Sell up. You’ve run this club into the ground. Worst run club in the league. Didn’t sack the manager months ago when it was needed and now we don’t have a plan to appoint anyone. Shambles. Sell up to somebody who cares.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, frany104 said:

Time to go. Sell up. You’ve run this club into the ground. Worst run club in the league. Didn’t sack the manager months ago when it was needed and now we don’t have a plan to appoint anyone. Shambles. Sell up to somebody who cares.

Chelsea defo worst run club in the league, by a distance. Everton and Spurs significantly worse run then city as well.

All those saying sell up, you do remember how the club was truly run into the ground before these guys rocked up right?

McGhee needing members of the board tp dip into their pockets just to buy Robins and how tight they were before that and then during then when Tator Peeler rocked up how they threw cash at him instead and we were close to going bust, renting the stadium and at one point not even having enough spare cash to properly repair one of the score boards.

Some peeps obviously think there are Arab benefactors falling over themselves to buy into us :facepalm:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, frany104 said:

What on earth is this?? Do you remember the days pre Mandaric? Do you remember administration? Do you remember nearly going under? 

Have you seen the state of some other PL clubs? Have you seen some of the PL clubs of old sliding down divisions? Sheff Wed, Derby, Ipswich, Reading etc. 

He’s hardly run the club into the ground you fool! Get a grip. Get real. 

1 hour ago, OriginalRobboFOX said:

What on earth is this?? Do you remember the days pre Mandaric? Do you remember administration? Do you remember nearly going under? 

Have you seen the state of some other PL clubs? Have you seen some of the PL clubs of old sliding down divisions? Sheff Wed, Derby, Ipswich, Reading etc. 

He’s hardly run the club into the ground you fool! Get a grip. Get real. 

He's decisions could well lead to us dropping like the teams you named. I won't be confident of us getting out of the Championship next season.

• Haha 1