Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

16 hours ago, OriginalRobboFOX said:

His and his fathers decisions took us through our most successful period ever. Unlikely to ever be rivalled. 

Some people have very short memories and are being incredibly disrespectful to probably our best ever chairman once lauded as the best in the PL….

Absolutely no reason to believe Top has any meaningful role in the positive decisions the Chairman made.

• Like 4

The title was the pinnacle for which the owners are rightly praised.

Relegation happens if you arent big money but the way the club have sleep walked into this mess has to be the exact opposite of the title for which they are praised??

17 hours ago, OriginalRobboFOX said:

His and his fathers decisions took us through our most successful period ever. Unlikely to ever be rivalled. 

Some people have very short memories and are being incredibly disrespectful to probably our best ever chairman once lauded as the best in the PL….

What is the guy above criticism because of what has happened previously?

Vichai’s legacy is absolutely set it stone and nothing will change that.

Since he tragically passed, we can now see that a slow decline has been in place that has now sped up and leaves us where we are now.

Nobody is questioning Top the man, or Top the second in command through the years Vichai was with us.

However, he is doing a terrible job now and that cannot be sugarcoated. Hopefully he turns it around or sells up if he can’t to preserve his own legacy.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, OriginalRobboFOX said:

What on earth is this?? Do you remember the days pre Mandaric? Do you remember administration? Do you remember nearly going under? 

Have you seen the state of some other PL clubs? Have you seen some of the PL clubs of old sliding down divisions? Sheff Wed, Derby, Ipswich, Reading etc. 

He’s hardly run the club into the ground you fool! Get a grip. Get real. 

I really hope for our sake this doesn't age as badly as I fear it could. I don't think people appreciate the trajectory of the last couple of years enough. We are in freefall.

• Like 1

It's a bit misleading when the term 'owners' is used to praise any previous achievements.

I'm pretty sure Top was just the pretty face and given what we've seen since he's taken full ownership,  I doubt very much he made any decision on anything prior.

All the good work was Vichai.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I really hope for our sake this doesn't age as badly as I fear it could. I don't think people appreciate the trajectory of the last couple of years enough. We are in freefall.

I agree with this. It’s a similar argument to those who brush off the two collapses from the top 4 because ‘we did great to be there in the first place’. Yes we did, but a huge collapse is a huge collapse no matter the starting point.

Similar in ownership terms. Yes we are in the Premier League for now, possibly only 9 more games mind. Then it’s anyones guess as to what happens. If we have a strong summer and put together a young, eager squad for the championship and appoint the right manager then he’ll have shown that he can halt the slide and point things back the right direction. But as you say, we could just as easily drop again….

• Like 1

Just now, LCFCJohn said:

I agree with this. It’s a similar argument to those who brush off the two collapses from the top 4 because ‘we did great to be there in the first place’. Yes we did, but a huge collapse is a huge collapse no matter the starting point.

Similar in ownership terms. Yes we are in the Premier League for now, possibly only 9 more games mind. Then it’s anyones guess as to what happens. If we have a strong summer and put together a young, eager squad for the championship and appoint the right manager then he’ll have shown that he can halt the slide and point things back the right direction. But as you say, we could just as easily drop again….

Don’t think that has ever been a debate, the problem I always had with this statement is it lacks any context or acknowledgement of mitigating factors.

15 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Don’t think that has ever been a debate, the problem I always had with this statement is it lacks any context or acknowledgement of mitigating factors.

That was referring more to people who just use the fact we were over performing to be there as an excuse.

Legitimate mitigating factors such as covid (the biggest one) as it did allow Man Utd particularly to get players back. At the same time we had lots of injuries some of which were legitimate back luck. Those are fair yeah.

Not one for the Top thread anyway, was just referring to it being a similar mentality to say he cannot be criticised at all because of what has gone before.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Questioning this isn’t disrespectful. :thumbup:
Suggesting people need to be sacked or resign isn’t disrespectful. :thumbdown:
Bringing up that Top doesn’t appear to be up for the job or has taken his eye off the ball isn’t disrespectful. :thumbup:

All stems from your point about lack of communication from the club, something we will never get to the level we would like to satisfy our need but it does leave the club prone to conclusions, usually without much basis, being drawn. Do take issue with the second one about asking for people to get the boot, but as we don’t have and cannot get the facts, it is inevitable to a degree.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, OriginalRobboFOX said:

Our best ever Chairman was Khun Vichai. 

Being his son doesn’t automatically make you as astute unfortunately.

35 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I have the utmost respect and gratitude to our owners for the last decade but the failure that we are about to realise from the position we have gotten to is absolutely despicable.

What will make it irretrievable for me, is if those around Top aren't under scrutiny and changes made. If the likes of Rudkin are never measured on performance in their role, given the catastrophic situation we've gotten in on players wages and running their contracts down, inability to move players on/unreasonable transfer demands for unwanted players then I can't support the ownership any longer and will get behind any movement to demand change.

Agreed Rudders’ position *must* be under serious question. Untenable that he stays to my mind.

If you scrutinise why we didn’t grow as a Club following the EPL win and top-5 finishes a lot (obvs. Not all) comes down to recruitment failings.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, adejo92 said:

It's a bit misleading when the term 'owners' is used to praise any previous achievements.

I'm pretty sure Top was just the pretty face and given what we've seen since he's taken full ownership,  I doubt very much he made any decision on anything prior.

All the good work was Vichai.

How do you know this.

Please provide your compelling evidence.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

In the absence of communication from the board - another ongoing issue - yes. 

Pull up your knickers and stop prancing around clutching your petticoats. 

Questioning the shambles of a club and the completely inadequate decision making isn’t being disrespectful for achievements made or the memory of Kuhn Vichai. 

Top has been absent, Susan has presided over a failing board, the directors have failed in their roles, and department managers have royally fvcked up. Our squad planning has been abysmal, supervision of Rodgers completely absent, and oversight of team management hasn’t happened for over two years. 

Questioning this isn’t disrespectful. 
Suggesting people need to be sacked or resign isn’t disrespectful. 
Bringing up that Top doesn’t appear to be up for the job or has taken his eye off the ball isn’t disrespectful. 

What you want is blind, quiet subservience. That’s not being respectful - that’s just moronic. 

Here here!

I don’t get this. Cut Top some slack ? Shit happens. Two years ago we were THIRD in the PL (albeit about to undertake our second disastrous collapse) with a FA Cup final to come. The previous summer we had sold Chilwell for £60m and the season before that, Maguire for £80m. We had saleable assets in the form of Maddison, Tielemans, Ndidi, Fofana and Soyuncu who could all fetch north of £50m if we seriously contemplated selling them. We had a manager who was subject to a large compensation figure too. 

Today we are sat second from bottom, without a manager and a squad with perhaps one asset whose value is regularly depreciating due to our league position and their contract. We have at least two of those previous assets set to join established European sides in the summer, on frees - neither (for different reasons) contributing to this team currently. The club is very much at risk of going down and having its value reduced by at least 60% (any CF guys correct me if I am wrong). 

This isn’t some blip. A blip would be comfortably finishing lower half - that deserves “slack”. What’s happened to us is only second to the Leeds **** up in the early 2000s. This isn’t some quick fix revival if we go down, I hope it is but it’s likely not.

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Exhibit C: We had two of our best ever  seasons 19-20 and 20-21

So not that compelling.

Exhibit D: the concept of manoeuvring a barge or large oil tanker at sea

37 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

How do you know this.

Please provide your compelling evidence.

We're sat 19th in the table due to someone's inability to make a decision and the clubs finances have gone down the pan.

Perhaps just a coincidence then, sorry Top.

35 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

We're sat 19th in the table due to someone's inability to make a decision and the clubs finances have gone down the pan.

Perhaps just a coincidence then, sorry Top.

I'm not saying his made no mistakes, but just we don't know who was pulling the strings in the past.

It's just a lazy assumption that it's just because the Boss isn't here.