Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

January 2023

The next two transfer windows are obviously very important for us as realistically we could see all of the following leave: 

Iversen, Smithies, Soyuncu, Evans, Amartey, Vestegaard, Thomas, Bertrand, Mendy, Choudhury, Praet, Tielemans, Maddison, Perez and Iheanacho. 

This would leave us with something like:

Ward

Stolarzyk

Castagne

Ricardo

Justin

Faes

Ndidi

Soumare

KDH

Barnes

Albrighton 

Daka

Vardy

As a lot will be leaving either on free transfers or for smaller transfer fees as they only have a year left I think we have to be shopping in a similar sort of market for this rebuild as there is a lot of talent out there with expiring contracts. 

I reckon we need 

GK - Lafont would be my first choice 

LB - Not sure tbh and depends on if Thomas stays

3x CB - Ndicka and Smalling available on frees although we’ve probably missed the boat with Ndicka, need one definite first choice option to start alongside Faes, maybe one youngster and an experienced head to replace Evans 

2/3x CM - Le Fee looks quality and Aouar on a free would be smart business, someone suggested Veerman the other day who I like the look of too. 

2 wingers - If we could get Tete in Jan on a small fee and Tsygankov on a free in the summer it would transform our RW options 

There will be a lot of competition for these players but with the wages we’ll have freed up I’d have thought we could offer some competitive packages 

• Like 1

The club need to add a few on January to really back up this current run. It doesn’t need huge signings. It needs a few clever signings like Faes and all of a sudden the squad is bouncing. 

Aouar

TetE

Le Fee

New CB

start scouting the french, Dutch and Belgium leagues for diamonds and let’s go back to signing cheap prospects with huge upside. We should be mopping up all the young talent and selling them on at huge profit and repeat. 

• Like 2

If Tielemans and Maddison stay then all we need in Jan is a CB to partner Faes and a right winger.

Really annoys me that Sheffield Utd have got Ahmedhodzic so cheap but him or Medina from Lens would be my choice as a consistent and strong force alongside Faes.

Right wing if Tete genuinely is a possibility then he would be such a monumental signing for this club. Alternatively there's Tsygankov who's contract is up next summer and is so deserving of a move to a top 5 European league it's a joke. 

I've various other suggestions for both positions but that would be my simplistic targets.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If Tielemans and Maddison stay then all we need in Jan is a CB to partner Faes and a right winger.

Really annoys me that Sheffield Utd have got Ahmedhodzic so cheap but him or Medina from Lens would be my choice as a consistent and strong force alongside Faes.

Right wing if Tete genuinely is a possibility then he would be such a monumental signing for this club. Alternatively there's Tsygankov who's contract is up next summer and is so deserving of a move to a top 5 European league it's a joke. 

I've various other suggestions for both positions but that would be my simplistic targets.

I've only seen him play once but he was excellent. I think he was RCB in a three and got forward to support the attack A LOT.

Has he played in a two much for Sheffield United this season? He does look like he has the attributes to be a good ball-playing CB.

9 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

I've only seen him play once but he was excellent. I think he was RCB in a three and got forward to support the attack A LOT.

Has he played in a two much for Sheffield United this season? He does look like he has the attributes to be a good ball-playing CB.

Often played in a back 3 whenever I've seen him but that's down to the teams overall preferred system than I think because it suits him specifically. He's got all the attributes to play in a back 4 or 5, what's particularly good about him is how dominant he is at winning the ball both in the air and on the deck and his positioning around the pitch both in defence and attack.

He's top class and destined to be at a big club, we are the perfect next step. 

• Thanks 1

Apparently we have been watching Taylor Harwood-Bellis who is loan at Burnley from Man City

20 year old centre back

Played every minute of every league game for Burnley so far this season, was on loan at Anderlecht and Stoke last season

I wonder if this will be like last January where we tried to get Colwill even though he was on loan at Huddersfield

image.png.3dbe1522616195efe61c2d5d17bce365.png

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Apparently we have been watching Taylor Harwood-Bellis who is loan at Burnley from Man City

20 year old centre back

Played every minute of every league game for Burnley so far this season, was on loan at Anderlecht and Stoke last season

I wonder if this will be like last January where we tried to get Colwill even though he was on loan at Huddersfield

image.png.3dbe1522616195efe61c2d5d17bce365.png

Our new CB: 

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=2561067830606361&paipv=0&eav=Afavb1Q36Jj5dxsGjB6wYtgfKyuk6PudXcSCDojUchh74OaWj6Gb89Ikoi5pWRcwQKg

Edited by Dan LCFC

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2022/series-top-20-ligue-1-transfer-targets-for-2023/

Players they expect to be sought after in 2023 - hopefully we are looking at quite a few of them like Thuram, Truffert, Aouar, Le Fée

20th | Angel Gomes (Lille)

19th | Stephy Mavididi (Montpellier)

18th | Ludovic Ajorque (Strasbourg)

17th | Khéphren Thuram (OGC Nice)

16th | Malo Gusto (Lyon)

15th | Jean-Clair Todibo (OGC Nice)

14th | Jonathan David (Lille)

13th | Adrien Truffert (Rennes)

12th | Vanderson (Monaco)

11th | Moussa Dembélé (Lyon)

10th | Houssem Aouar (Lyon)

9th | Séko Fofana (Lens)

8th | Castello Lukeba (Lyon)

7th | Lovro Majer (Rennes)

6th | Branco van den Boomen (Toulouse)

5th | Benoît Badiashile (Monaco)

4th | Martin Terrier (Rennes)

3rd | Enzo Le Fée (Lorient)

2nd | Elye Wahi (Montpellier)

1st | Kylian Mbappé and Lionel Messi (PSG)

• Like 1

Daniel Gonzalez, posted about him before when he was at Santiago Wanderers, but he's moved to Universidad Católica now and has played in the Sudamericana so assuming a lot more likely to receive a work permit? How's the Sudamericana compare to Libertadores in terms of the points system? @Ric Flair @moore_94 I think you guys are fairly clued up on it aren't you. This lad or Nagalo at Nordsjaelland would be class signings.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Daniel Gonzalez, posted about him before when he was at Santiago Wanderers, but he's moved to Universidad Católica now and has played in the Sudamericana so assuming a lot more likely to receive a work permit? How's the Sudamericana compare to Libertadores in terms of the points system? @Ric Flair @moore_94 I think you guys are fairly clued up on it aren't you. This lad or Nagalo at Nordsjaelland would be class signings.

Good question, I'll see what I can find out. Nagalo is a good shout.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommy Fresh said:

His chances of getting a work permit are really hurt by the Chilean 1st division being band 5, you get very low points from playing in that league

Whilst playing in Copa Sudamerica helps, I don't think it helps enough unfortunately

His 1 cap for Chile doesn't really help either due to their FIFA Ranking

I think he would be at around 10 points? Needs 15 for a work permit

If he stays in that league I think the only way he could get one is by either playing regularly for Chile or doing well enough that his team or moving to a team that plays in the Copa Libertadores

Edited by moore_94

12 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

His chances of getting a work permit are really hurt by the Chilean 1st division being band 5, you get very low points from playing in that league

Whilst playing in Copa Sudamerica helps, I don't think it helps enough unfortunately

His 1 cap for Chile doesn't really help either due to their FIFA Ranking

I think he would be at around 10 points? Needs 15 for a work permit

If he stays in that league I think the only way he could get one is by either playing regularly for Chile or doing well enough that his team or moving to a team that plays in the Copa Libertadores

Frustratingly Católica were in the Libertadores this year but dropped in to the Sudamericana they have also had a pretty poor league campaign this year, whereby they'd usually win it or be thereabouts to qualify again.

35 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Adrien Truffert

20 year old (21 next week) left footed left back from Rennes

We were linked with him during the summer

5 assists in 20 appearances so far this season

Remy Bensebaini

27 year old left footed left back from Gladbach

Contract is up in the summer

6ft2 and can also play centre back - but is still mainly a left back

5 goals in 15 appearances this season as a left back

Great minds think alike, I wrote this for thefosseway at the weekend.

https://www.thefosseway.net/viewpoint/leicester-city-transfer-targets-left-back-january-window

• Like 2

On 06/11/2022 at 13:24, Ric Flair said:

It would be a good time to move for Lacroix, he isn’t in the France squad and I still think he would be the perfect replacement for Fofana. 

We may need a LB now too, we could look at a loan deal for someone, perhaps Gosens could come in on loan? 

Tete would be amazing, we need to change our approach to wide players, and stop trying to find hidden gems, go for someone who has already shown productivity at the top level. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Tete would be amazing, we need to change our approach to wide players, and stop trying to find hidden gems, go for someone who has already shown productivity at the top level. 

...we really haven't!!!

Rodgers view on a RW is something akin to Perez, someone who can block the right-side and press high up to win the ball. His definition of a RW is not someone who is going to skin 6 people, cut inside on his left ond curl a ball in their keepers right side of the net. We maybe looking for that, but that is not what Rodgers wants. You can see how frustrated he gets with Barnes, but he wants a player to do the basics first and foremost. 

Players such as Tete are not what he would be looking for, I just wonder if Glover can convince him to be more open minded.

One of our scouts was at the Lierse vs Anderlecht game last night, was told looking at CB called Debast, LB N'Diaye and midfielder Stroeykens who all play for Anderlecht.

Not for January but longer term tracking of potential youngsters.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

One of our scouts was at the Lierse vs Anderlecht game last night, was told looking at CB called Debast, LB N'Diaye and midfielder Stroeykens who all play for Anderlecht.

Not for January but longer term tracking of potential youngsters.

Just did a little twitter search of them 3. All very exciting players and I love the fact we’re continuing to search the Belgium league. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Remy Bensebaini

27 year old left footed left back from Gladbach

Contract is up in the summer

6ft2 and can also play centre back - but is still mainly a left back

5 goals in 15 appearances this season as a left back

Scored in the 1st half vs Dortmund (currently 3-2 to Gladbach at half time)

Good header for his 6th goal of the season from left back

https://streamja.com/110LO

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1