Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

January 2023

3 hours ago, Lcfcrory said:

Just watched a highlights clip of him, looks quality to be fair 

.....he tends to tackle with his wrong foot, tall player with long levers, and can tend to make mobility difficult, but he is good with the ball at his feet!!!

He seems to get lucky with the bounce of the ball, he looks good enough.

Bensebaini is excellent. I started following Gladbach during lockdown and he's such an important player for them. I'd be gutted for Die Fohlen if he left, but he would be very good for us.

That said, he is 27. Not the age range I'd want us to target tbh.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Sambiasso said:

One of our scouts was at the Lierse vs Anderlecht game last night, was told looking at CB called Debast, LB N'Diaye and midfielder Stroeykens who all play for Anderlecht.

Not for January but longer term tracking of potential youngsters.

I know next to nothing about these three, and for that exact reason, I'm excited 😁.

Out of curiosity, how did you find out we had scouts there? I used to follow a Twitter account which mentioned our scouts' locations, but can't for the life of me find it anymore.

32 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Bensebaini is excellent. I started following Gladbach during lockdown and he's such an important player for them. I'd be gutted for Die Fohlen if he left, but he would be very good for us.

That said, he is 27. Not the age range I'd want us to target tbh.

His contract situation though might make him a reasonable pick up which then makes his age less of an issue if you're thinking about not getting a return on him in a few years.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

His contract situation though might make him a reasonable pick up which then makes his age less of an issue if you're thinking about not getting a return on him in a few years.

True. Only issue would be if he demands high wages and then doesn't perform for us. 

Saying that, I don't think that would be the case. And to counter my own point, not every player needs to be a sellable asset. We need experience and proven quality too, for balance.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Dango Ouattara

Still not 100% made my mind up on him but he has been pretty damn impressive so far this season, don't think he's technically good enough on the ball yet but I've not got a big enough sample size to base that on, a better gauge will be in another year or so.

I'm mildly cautious of pace merchant from out wide in Ligue 1 as both Ismaila Sarr and Nicolas Pepe have been lethal in Ligue 1 and then ordinary in the PL. I much prefer players with natural flair and unpredictability from Ligue 1. That's why I'd prefer Zakaria Aboukhlal or Ludovic Blas at this stage.

1 hour ago, frany104 said:

Schjelderup. Never seen him, just saw a Twitter video of him. Looks incredible! 

He is class, but we've missed our chance with him, he'll go to a bigger club. Always worth keeping an eye on Nordsjælland though, Nagalo and Nuamah haven't had as much hype so far, so we'd have a decent chance of picking them up.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

He is class, but we've missed our chance with him, he'll go to a bigger club. Always worth keeping an eye on Nordsjælland though, Nagalo and Nuamah haven't had as much hype so far, so we'd have a decent chance of picking them up.

Problem with any Scadinavian not playing in Europe is we wouldn't get a work permit for any of their players unless they are playing regularly for their international teams.

Gustav Isaksen from FC Midtjylland is one to keep an eye on, doing very well in the Europa League this season.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Any wingers we could get on loan with an option to buy similar to Lookman. Preferably not Boga.

madueke seems to only make the bench since his injury. it would be ideal if we could loan him given his injury record 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Problem with any Scadinavian not playing in Europe is we wouldn't get a work permit for any of their players unless they are playing regularly for their international teams.

Gustav Isaksen from FC Midtjylland is one to keep an eye on, doing very well in the Europa League this season.

Thought it was the initial permit gets turned down then normally granted on the appeal? As the government is unlikely to turn down about 300k a year in taxes. (Which makes sense in my head)

4 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Thought it was the initial permit gets turned down then normally granted on the appeal? As the government is unlikely to turn down about 300k a year in taxes. (Which makes sense in my head)

No, afraid not. They might get granted if a point or two off the threshold but many of the smaller European leagues are now off limits unless competing in Europe, a key player for their national side or signed and loaned out to a league that will give them sufficient points to get through after a season.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

No, afraid not. They might get granted if a point or two off the threshold but many of the smaller European leagues are now off limits unless competing in Europe, a key player for their national side or signed and loaned out to a league that will give them sufficient points to get through after a season.

Send him Leuven for a year until he’s more of an international?

• Like 1