Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

January 2023

9 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Sangare would be a great signing because he adds passing ability. If we lost Tielemans but signed Sangare and a new 8 it makes for a more balanced midfield.

Immense.

Screenshot-2022-11-23-at-14-33-04.png

Would be nice but very unlikely, that's why someone like Lee Fee who is creative as well as very good defensively could combine brilliantly with Soumare.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Would be nice but very unlikely, that's why someone like Lee Fee who is creative as well as very good defensively could combine brilliantly with Soumare.

Le Fee's combative as is KDH but I'd be concerned about the physicality of a Soumare, Le Fee, KDH midfield especially if Barnes and Maddison are out wide. We're not at Man City's level where we're so good - physicality doesn't matter so much.

16 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Le Fee's combative as is KDH but I'd be concerned about the physicality of a Soumare, Le Fee, KDH midfield especially if Barnes and Maddison are out wide. We're not at Man City's level where we're so good - physicality doesn't matter so much.

Do you think Lee Fee is less physical than Tielemans? I'd say he's transformed his game in the last year and is now very robust (having previously been seen as quite lightweight) - this can be seen in his tackling and duel stats where he is up there with some of the best DCM's in Ligue 1, to go with his creative stats that are off the scale.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Do you think Lee Fee is less physical than Tielemans? I'd say he's transformed his game in the last year and is now very robust (having previously been seen as quite lightweight) - this can be seen in his tackling and duel stats where he is up there with some of the best DCM's in Ligue 1, to go with his creative stats that are off the scale.

He's combative and gets around the pitch well but he's still 5'6 or 5'7, KDH is 5'7 or 5'8. It wouldn't be a problem if our wide players tucked in and were both physical and disciplined, they're not unfortunately.

I really like Le Fee and his mobility would be an improvement over Youri's but it'd come at the cost of Tielemans' strength and balance. It's why I like Sangare so much because he's physical, mobile and technical - it's a killer combo.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stadt said:

He's combative and gets around the pitch well but he's still 5'6 or 5'7, KDH is 5'7 or 5'8. It wouldn't be a problem if our wide players tucked in and were both physical and disciplined, they're not unfortunately.

I really like Le Fee and his mobility would be an improvement over Youri's but it'd come at the cost of Tielemans' strength and balance. It's why I like Sangare so much because he's physical, mobile and technical - it's a killer combo.

Pretty sure KDH is 5'10. The reason he still gets a pass from me when he's having a crappy game is because he has the physicality both in terms of his ability to get around the pitch but also because he gets stuck in.

Sangare would be great though for the reasons you've said. Even when Wilf is bang on form, he can still look quite timid and get overpowered so something that addresses that would be perfect.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stadt said:

KDH isn't that small

There's a winger at Club Brugge named Tajon Buchanon who starts for Canada in the WC. I watched him in the US in MLS and he's turned into a heck of a player. He's got a lot of pace on the wing he can finish, and he's got the kind bulldog attitude that this club could really use.

Someone who knows said he's already ticketed for a move to the EPL - assuming after the season, though maybe it happens in Jan and he gets loaned back to Brugge because they're still involved in the Champions League. Any chance that club is LCFC?

5 minutes ago, TeaMen Tom said:

There's a winger at Club Brugge named Tajon Buchanon who starts for Canada in the WC. I watched him in the US in MLS and he's turned into a heck of a player. He's got a lot of pace on the wing he can finish, and he's got the kind bulldog attitude that this club could really use.

Someone who knows said he's already ticketed for a move to the EPL - assuming after the season, though maybe it happens in Jan and he gets loaned back to Brugge because they're still involved in the Champions League. Any chance that club is LCFC?

Sowah, Skov Olsen and Buchanan all left footed RW's. IMO Skov Olsen is the one.

15 hours ago, TeaMen Tom said:

I liked the way he played against Belgium. Very positive. Could be a hell of a player. He was quite wasteful though, as were Canada generally.

• Like 1

Look out for a young Colombian  striker called Jhon Duran. He’s 18 and players for Chicago Fire. He’s wanting to move to the prem and he’s going to be hot property in a few years time.. fast and powerful with an eye for goal.  Can link and create too. Seniorman replacement? Or Vardy

EDIT.

Not the finished article by a long shot but he’s got enough about him that he’d be worth getting now. Left footed but loves to play on the right and cut in. Can also play left so would be a good back up for Barnes too. This one makes a lot of sense for me..

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, MPH said:

Look out for a young Colombian  striker called Jhon Duran. He’s 18 and players for Chicago Fire. He’s wanting to move to the prem and he’s going to be hot property in a few years time.. fast and powerful with an eye for goal.  Can link and create too. Seniorman replacement? Or Vardy

EDIT.

Not the finished article by a long shot but he’s got enough about him that he’d be worth getting now. Left footed but loves to play on the right and cut in. Can also play left so would be a good back up for Barnes too. This one makes a lot of sense for me..

Good shout, I clocked on to him several months ago and one to keep an eye on. Feels like a great Iheanacho replacement to me.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Good shout, I clocked on to him several months ago and one to keep an eye on. Feels like a great Iheanacho replacement to me.

might be a case of getting him before anyone else does… he’s   Going to be a big deal in a  couple of years. Everything about  him has Leicester written all over it…

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

Just now, MPH said:

might be a case of getting him before anyone else does… he’s   Going to be a big deal in a  couple of years. Everything about his deal has Leicester written all over it…

He does look a beast in the making, we seldom bother with South American players though 😢

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He does look a beast in the making, we seldom bother with South American players though 😢

He reminds me a bit  of Heskey too actually. Not afraid to take the ball with his back to goal… not afraid to draw the foul :D but seriously he can turn and run too which is great to see…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sankey93 said:

I’d take a punt on this Buchanan he looks so direct and fast would be worth a gamble imo.

never base scouting on an international tournament. How is he over 40 games not 3. 

maybe he’s been smashing it for bruge… i don’t know but let’s not go down the ahmad Musa path 

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

never base scouting on an international tournament. How is he over 40 games not 3. 

maybe he’s been smashing it for bruge… i don’t know but let’s not go down the ahmad Musa path 

Out of Skov Olsen, Sowah and Buchanon, he's been made the least impact so far but he does appear to have a lot of potential and they recruit really well. Skov Olsen has been sensational since signing for them having flopped at Bologna. Sowah has done very well in the Champions League having been poor for them last season and on loan at AZ but seems to be showing signs we may regret selling him whilst we play Maddison out wide or consider an aging Albrighton or a soon to depart Ayoze Perez instead.

• Like 2