Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

January 2023

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd have expected to see us strongly linked to some players in January by now.

More deals like the one for Faes the better

First hint of any interest or deal was 30th August and deal was done on 1st September

No doubt we will still get plenty of tenuous links to plenty of players which I am fully for getting excited / pissed off about lol

• Like 2

On 07/12/2022 at 12:56, Ric Flair said:

It's a good shout, he's only at Angers. 

It is a good shout. But my question as a moroccan would be would he be creative enough to be a tielemans replacement. He's lacking in strength but he's got great potential. I see him like kdh, a real work horse and a jack of all trades, master of none. This isn't a bad thing tbh. 

Realistically we should be after aboukhlal. He hasn't played too much to be a star, but he has done a lot in limited time. Can play rw, lw, and even Lwb. Versatile and has a good defensive work rate. Great attitude as well. Can't believe AZ let him go. Think he speaks English already given he was born in the Netherlands 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sankey93 said:

Aaron wan bissaka looks to be available? 

I do wonder with him why he hasn't be tried as a CB. He doesn't have the ball control or crossing ability to be a modern day RB, but I could see him thriving on the right of a back 3, similar to Calvin Bassey.

That said, I definitely don't want us to be the one's to try and find out whether I'm right. I can see him going back to Palace

20 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:
Josip juranovic - Croatian right back who plays for Celtic has been really impressive against Brazil. I wonder if he can do a job on the left too?

I’m sure they’ve just snapped up the Canadian RB as well so I wonder if they’re expecting a few offers to come in for him in Jan

3 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

I hadn’t seen that. The Canadian looks a player too. I’ve been really impressed with Juranovic. May just be having a worldy but shown great control passing. Great at defending and offensively with a great engine. 

I’ve a friend who’s a Celtic fan that admitted almost as soon as they signed him that he wouldn’t be there long. He’s been class for them so far, his defensive stats look fairly impressive and his performance today has been immense. 

I wouldn’t mind the other full back, Sosa,  coming in either. Seems really comfortable on the ball, not great at defending tho.

Juranovic was the man if the match today for Croatia. He's signed to 2026 and had been in talks about a new deal which had stalled. Celtic have played him at left back and he looked pretty comfortable there but right back is his position.  I think that performance has probably added a bit of money to his valuation as everybody was raving about him.

19 hours ago, FoxyLeon said:

Always wary about buying players off World Cup form. Especially when Saiss and Boufal are in this side, and they weren't anything special in the league.

Spot on, it’s clearly risky to buy players based on a handful of performances when their league form suggests they’re not at that level. 

So many clubs have got it wrong buying players off an international tournament. Kapustka anyone? 

• Like 1