Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

January 2023

On 10/12/2022 at 13:41, lcfc sheff said:

Harry souttar + juranovic would be two solid signings

Saw all 4 of Australia's games live. Souttar looked solid in all except France where he was beaten a bit too easily (given his height) for the two headed French goals. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Got a feeling we're going to pay a large loan fee with an option to buy on Madueke next month. I think PSV will take it.

I wouldn’t be against this. The lad has quality it’s just keeping him fit!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Got a feeling we're going to pay a large loan fee with an option to buy on Madueke next month. I think PSV will take it.

Has barely played again this season, he’s so injury prone we really should avoid it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dusty said:

Has barely played again this season, he’s so injury prone we really should avoid it. 

That's why I think any deal would be a largish loan fee with an option to buy. Wouldn't be surprised to see an 18 month loan for £5-10m with an option to pay another £10-15m afterwards.

18 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

What exactly is meant by muscle injury, how serious is it and is it the same injury reoccurring?

22/23 Ankle Injury Jul 28, 2022 Oct 17, 2022 81 days 18PSV Eindhoven
21/22 Muscle Injury Apr 11, 2022 May 5, 2022 24 days 4PSV Eindhoven
21/22 Muscle Injury Dec 9, 2021 Feb 7, 2022 60 days 9PSV Eindhoven
21/22 Muscle Injury Oct 21, 2021 Dec 2, 2021 42 days

8PSV Eindhoven

Edited by hackneyfox

4 hours ago, StanSP said:

Had a chance to sign Croatia's keeper last summer...

Gk isn't priority right now but wonder if we'll go back for him. Doubt his value is as low as that now! 

Will be interesting to see where he goes. Not the best with his feet, but shown he's got the nerves to handle the big games! At 27 he's going to be Croatia's number one for a long time yet.

Ward really turned it round with us, but he's far from convincing. But if we were to sign someone in goal, I suspect it would be during the summer. 

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Will be interesting to see where he goes. Not the best with his feet, but shown he's got the nerves to handle the big games! At 27 he's going to be Croatia's number one for a long time yet.

Ward really turned it round with us, but he's far from convincing. But if we were to sign someone in goal, I suspect it would be during the summer. 

Agreed. Next summer I anticipate selling Iversen or Ward and recruiting a new number 1. At least I hope so!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JimJams said:

Is he any good with the ball at his feet? Can't says I've noticed.

Croatian fans are essentially saying his biggest weakness is not coming off his line, claiming crosses...

Sounds familiar to a discussion we've had recently about our ex-keeper

Run a search on this lads name and I'll have waffled on and on and on about him and it still annoys me he made rhe lazy move from Arsenal U21 to Chelsea U21 but he is destined for the top. Omari Hutchinson, even a 6 month loan move if we can't land the elusive RW we so badly need would be beneficial to us IMO. 

It might also convince us to explore disgruntled academy players at elite clubs more than we have previously done. He's absolute mustard this lad.

12 hours ago, LFox99 said:

Croatian fans are essentially saying his biggest weakness is not coming off his line, claiming crosses...

Sounds familiar to a discussion we've had recently about our ex-keeper

He sure looked fine coming off his line against Brazil.  Didn't see a wrong decision the entire match.

56 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

His stock has risen considerably but I'd be quite cautious on this. He's played less for Club Brugge than Kamal Sowah who we deemed not got enough for us. 

Admittedly he looked decent at the WC but I just had a look at his highlight video and it's ludicrously bad. It's just him falling to the ground in like 2/3 of the clips. 

• Haha 1