Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

January 2023

8 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...isn't he prone to muscle injury!!!

He has missed a lot of games, perhaps just not robust enough. It would be a big call to go down that route.

Hence we stand a better chance getting him on loan with an option to buy. PSV have so many wingers and more coming through. Its a risk but I think we'd be keen.

On 11/12/2022 at 20:33, Ric Flair said:

Got a feeling we're going to pay a large loan fee with an option to buy on Madueke next month. I think PSV will take it.

looking at it, hes hardly played this season(in the league), has he been injured or just left out?

Edited by FrankieADZ

10 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

looking at it, hes hardly played this season(in the league), has he been injured or just left out?

Injured again, he's now back fully fit. Make or break next 12-18 months for him. That's why I could see PSV willing to roll the dice and take a largish loan fee with an option to buy at £15m.

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd love us to take a wild punt on Anis Mehmeti from Wycombe as an impact player from the bench. He's an absolute maverick.

...just took a look, he is worth a look!!!

Whoever there manager is he is doing a great job, like the attitude of their forward line, reminds me of Southampton,  it did not matter who score, just so long as someone puts the ball in the back of the net. They look an impressive team.

• Like 1

On 06/12/2022 at 21:26, moore_94 said:

More deals like the one for Faes the better

First hint of any interest or deal was 30th August and deal was done on 1st September

No doubt we will still get plenty of tenuous links to plenty of players which I am fully for getting excited / pissed off about lol

"Might be interested" - Rodgers makes amazing comment as Leicester receive message on world cup substitute star

24 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

if iheanacho and Perez are to go Joao Pedro would be a great replacement, can play anywhere front three positions.

I've been watching him with interest in recent years and he does seem to now be kicking on albeit at a lower level. He does look like he's a very dynamic forward. 

• Like 1

I know it might not fit what we do, but while we are being linked with morrocans, Ilias Chair has always impressed me. His numbers don’t really show he’s ready for us yet but sometimes you need to take a punt.

He’s not exactly exploded but has been a consistently strong perfomer for QPR.  I feel like we could probably pick him up for a reasonable fee.  someone who can and has played LW RW ACM and even cm this season… I love the idea of someone else who can slot in where they are needed. 

Personally, I think he could very easily be an under the radar top signing for someone.  But he’s 25 and not english, so without bagging 15 goals, i doubt he’ll be considered by most teams.  (for the record he’s on 9 goal contributions in 21 this season, decent but not enough to overcharge)

I know we need to find our elusive rw first, but in an ideal world we would also bring in someone who can cover both wings (and the hole is just a bonus) 

I really think players from the championship have been stepping up to the top level on a more consistent basis

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

The problem with Joao Pedro is that he signed a new contract with Watford only a few months ago.

They’ll want to keep him for their promotion push, it will probably take an over the odds bid to potentially get him in January. 

Definitely a player that should be on our radar though, he has the ability to change a game in a number of ways.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

I know it might not fit what we do, but while we are being linked with morrocans, Ilias Chair has always impressed me. His numbers don’t really show he’s ready for us yet but sometimes you need to take a punt.

He’s not exactly exploded but has been a consistently strong perfomer for QPR.  I feel like we could probably pick him up for a reasonable fee.  someone who can and has played LW RW ACM and even cm this season… I love the idea of someone else who can slot in where they are needed. 

Personally, I think he could very easily be an under the radar top signing for someone.  But he’s 25 and not english, so without bagging 15 goals, i doubt he’ll be considered by most teams.  (for the record he’s on 9 goal contributions in 21 this season, decent but not enough to overcharge)

I know we need to find our elusive rw first, but in an ideal world we would also bring in someone who can cover both wings (and the hole is just a bonus) 

I really think players from the championship have been stepping up to the top level on a more consistent basis

Any progress on Ilias Chair sofa?

12 hours ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

Any progress on Ilias Chair sofa?

10 hours ago, Lionator said:

He knows but he’s sitting on it. 

10 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

I'd expect the chaise to be longue

7 hours ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

Suite

Don’t Fooking start (DFS :ph34r:)

• Haha 2

On 16/12/2022 at 11:12, Ric Flair said:

I'd love us to take a wild punt on Anis Mehmeti from Wycombe as an impact player from the bench. He's an absolute maverick.

Just looked at Wycombe’s squad, Alfie Manson’s playing for them. That’s a fall from grace.

• Like 1

On 16/12/2022 at 11:12, Ric Flair said:

This would be great as I could get a shirt with just his first name printed as a greeting to the bloke that sits behind me moaning all the time 

Edited by Mike Oxlong

8 minutes ago, KFS said:

From the subs tonight I reckon he’s after a left back and left winger 

We definitely need a left footed defender and a winger, surely it's got to be a right winger though before we entertain getting a back up to Barnes. 

• Like 1