Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

January 2023

28 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We definitely need a left footed defender and a winger, surely it's got to be a right winger though before we entertain getting a back up to Barnes. 

I know but with Lookman not returning and the Boga links I get the impression he thinks we’re set with Maddison IF and Praet the backup…

2 minutes ago, KFS said:

I know but with Lookman not returning and the Boga links I get the impression he thinks we’re set with Maddison IF and Praet the backup…

He's talked at length about wanting a right winger but you may well be right. Praet seems to want out again though, so we are way short out there. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

Desperately need some pace in this team. Albrighton, Praet, Maddison and Barnes must be the slowest set of players used as ‘wingers’ in the history of the Premier League

Was with you till you said Barnes 👀 lol 

• Like 1

Contracts expiring in 2023:

Tielemans

Soyuncu 

Amartey 

Perez

Mendy

Bertrand

Contracts expiring in 2024:

Praet

Vestergaard

Maddison

Ndidi

Iheanacho 

Thomas

Vardy

Albrighton

Smithies

We need some low cost, young squad fillers. The Justin signing was the perfect example, when he needed him he was already well intreated and he didn't break the bank. I don't think we have the finances, nous and capability to make 5+ decent signings in consecutive seasons.

There's players in Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, Belgium, Austria, Serbia, Croatia, Poland and the big 5 second tiers we can pick up for a few million. That's the profile to target rather than the £15m+ 'sure thing' each time.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

From Rodgers Press Conference:

Transfers?

“We’ve a couple of areas we would like to improve and we hope to do that. There’s been plenty of work behind the scenes. Hopefully we can improve the depth.”

Where transfers?

“It’s clear we’ve lost a number of our full-backs, so we’ll look at the left-back position. And also for an out-and-out winger on the right side is one we will definitely look at.”

More backing than summer?

“Most definitely. It was a challenging summer for us. Come January, we’ve looked at that and we hope to be able to spend wisely.”

Sounds like we’re going to be far busier this transfer window, although you couldn’t have got much quieter than the Summer one! 

14 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Transfers?

“We’ve a couple of areas we would like to improve and we hope to do that. There’s been plenty of work behind the scenes. Hopefully we can improve the depth.”

Where transfers?

“It’s clear we’ve lost a number of our full-backs, so we’ll look at the left-back position. And also for an out-and-out winger on the right side is one we will definitely look at.”

“Most definitely. It was a challenging summer for us. Come January, we’ve looked at that and we hope to be able to spend wisely.”

Really positive to hear this. Doesn’t have to be a massive outlay at all, just some smart transfers that fix problems we have. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Devonfox1884 said:

Yeah we need 3 in realistically - CB, LB, RW.

This would be a perfect transfer window. The summer will be double that coming in I would think. There is quite a bit of work to be done with our squad.

40 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Wilf will be that CB cover.

Not enjoyed him playing there at all when asked to recently. To be honest though, Faes showed the improvement that can be made when you bring someone into that role, rather than just using cover. If Evans can't be relied on, and Vesty is on the scrapheap, we must buy. We have to find a way of getting Vesty off the books in January

19 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Transfers?

Where transfers?

Very exciting to hear, although it could just be another Rodgers' mind games with the board moment :P

17 hours ago, tetly said:

This would be a perfect transfer window. The summer will be double that coming in I would think. There is quite a bit of work to be done with our squad.

We need to fill all of those positions, and then replace Maddison and Tielemans in the summer. Risky business!:o

19 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

Very exciting to hear, although it could just be another Rodgers' mind games with the board moment :P

Yes - that occurred to me too. If at the end of Feb we have brought no one in, then Rodgers is going back to full on strop mode. 

With Alves now out injured as well I think we need at least 2 attack minded signings. A RW and either a back up LW or another ACM / 10 that can come on and hurt teams. 

We need to throw everything at it in January as I genuinely think we can still win something and/or qualify for Europe.

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

With Alves now out injured as well I think we need at least 2 attack minded signings. A RW and either a back up LW or another ACM / 10 that can come on and hurt teams. 

We need to throw everything at it in January as I genuinely think we can still win something and/or qualify for Europe.

Not sure about the winning something or Europe after today mate.  

However, this squad needs serious investment and at least one very good transfer window - whether that be January or in the summer.

Add CF to that list.  I hope I'm wrong, I really do, but I'm starting to come to the conclusion that Daka hasn't got the necessaries for this level.  Looks like he's running in treacle with the ball.  Perhaps it's just a confidence thing.

5 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

Not sure about the winning something or Europe after today mate.  

However, this squad needs serious investment and at least one very good transfer window - whether that be January or in the summer.

Add CF to that list.  I hope I'm wrong, I really do, but I'm starting to come to the conclusion that Daka hasn't got the necessaries for this level.  Looks like he's running in treacle with the ball.  Perhaps it's just a confidence thing.

Daka was diabolical today, clueless and I'm massively worried he's lost his way which is really frustrating.

• Like 1