Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

January 2023

29 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Percyyyyyyyyyy :wub:

But as @Dan LCFC said earlier, we’ll probably end up with Keane & Boga :thumbdown:

“We’ve had a number of meetings with the ownership and the board, in terms of availability of funds. We may not have the funds that others will have, but we will certainly be able to improve the depth in our squad,” said Rodgers

The underlined part of the quote fills me with dread… more squad fillers inbound 😭 

• Like 1

On 26/12/2022 at 18:02, Steve Earle said:

Shocking. 
Mind, there’s also Castagne, Justin, Faes, Soumare (yes I know), Lookman, Daka & sending Under & Bennett back.

Point is, there’s a recruitment team. The manager’s just a part of it, and nowhere near the most important part.

...you would think that he would feel that the new player coming in would be someone he wants to work with!!!

Edited by sacreblueits442
Update.
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, brookfox said:

Think it’s fair to say these three signings (if we make them) will determine if Rogers is still here in the summer. Massive window for him.

Massive window for the club as a whole.

We need at least two of the three make immediate impact.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dbtcity said:

“We’ve had a number of meetings with the ownership and the board, in terms of availability of funds. We may not have the funds that others will have, but we will certainly be able to improve the depth in our squad,” said Rodgers

The underlined part of the quote fills me with dread… more squad fillers inbound 😭 

Yeah I really hope that's just figure of speech. It is such a simple concept, buy better than you have to create the depth while you're at it, rather than actively buying the depth.

• Like 1

I know he's probably not first team ready but would love Djed Spence. With Castange able to play both full back positions I think he could play where he's best and turn out decent.

Would also love Van De Beek as a Tielemans replacement. Not quite like for like but a run of games and I think he'd be a solid player for us.

3 minutes ago, stu said:

Far too slow for the Premier League, no? Especially as a left back.

We just got comfortably beaten by a side who plays Dan Burn at left back, so I don’t see that as an issue. Have Castagne be the attacking full back and Blind the one to stay back and tuck in given he can play LB or LCB. Can’t be worse than what we’ve got.

• Like 2

Should try and get Joao Felix on loan :ph34r:

I'd love for us to absolutely nail this transfer window, now that funds are assured. 

The positive thing is we have Glover and that the Faes signing gives me lots of hope. 

The negative thing, is Rodgers' transfer record isn't the best. 

We desperately need a RW, which is what every Leicester fan has been saying for however many windows. We need to get that signing perfect. 

My hope is that Rodgers and Glover can work together. We have to get this window right with players that a) want to be here and b) players that fit in almost immediately. 

• Like 1