Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

January 2023

2 hours ago, Dames said:

Why on earth would Soyuncu sign a new deal after being frozen out for 9 months? Amateur hour or what. 

...true, if he wanted to stay, he could have been well rewarded with a bigger contract here!!!

The only way I can see a turn around by Soyuncu, is if he believes once you have given your word, you stick to it.

O'Neil, refused to leave Wycombe when bigger clubs came calling to see out his contract, he left us to go to Celtic, perhaps the holy grail for him, hard to turn down.

4 hours ago, Dames said:

Why on earth would Soyuncu sign a new deal after being frozen out for 9 months? Amateur hour or what. 

He probably won’t but I wouldn’t expect a manager to say otherwise. They have to keep the allusion of us offering a deal to get some sort of transfer fee this January 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Would be a good buy. Along with Harwood-Bellis, came 3rd in a recent analysis on ball playing CBs and was with some very good company 

Would love us to try for Harwood-Bellis, if even only on loan from Man City

I think we are looking at him, or we have previously, as we were linked in November

Only has 18 months left on his contract as well

Edited by moore_94

Watched him earlier this season, I don’t think he has the stature to play in a real top league. He’s tiny. 

what a shite thing to say, ran rings around Tottenham in the UCL this season

Edited by LFox99

Just now, LFox99 said:

what a shite thing to say

In what way? He’s 5ft 6. He’s now 24 and only ever excelled in the Portuguese league. 

Went Sporting early this season, was really excited to see him but couldn’t believe how small in height he was. Which like or not is a bigger obstacle to the lad succeeding in a big five league where defensive midfielders and full backs are far more athletic 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, TommyK said:

50% sell on clause to Spurs

So what?

Every club in the world is looking for left footed right sided attackers, they're all gonna be expensive especially if you're looking for quality as well.

52m release clause, can probably negotiate them down by either sending someone their way or by virtue of him wanting to come back to England now that Sporting aren't in the UCL anymore

In what way? He’s 5ft 6. He’s now 24 and only ever excelled in the Portuguese league. 

Went Sporting early this season, was really excited to see him but couldn’t believe how small in height he was. Which like or not is a bigger obstacle to the lad succeeding in a big five league where defensive midfielders and full backs are far more athletic 

Brushed off tackles and challenges from Spurs players in the Champions League like they were nothing

3 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

So what? 

He made the decision to leave England at a young age and try his luck in a foreign country, something which a lot of English players aren't mature enough to do. 

Also what exactly are you looking for in a winger? I want someone who is tricky, can turn on the spot, low centre of gravity. I don't need another Vestergaard out wide

Edited by LFox99

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

Yeah, hope it picks up for him cos his record v the other big two in Portugal isn’t great 

Imagine disregarding massive talent just because you reckon they're short or too light, haven't we seen someone prove us wrong about that very same thing right here at Leicester?

Kasper and Vards said it themselves when Mahrez came to us, everyone reckoned he'd be easy food for defenders, yet he made them eat dirt.

Edited by LFox99

8 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Imagine disregarding massive talent just because you reckon they're short or too light, haven't we seen someone prove us wrong about that very same thing right here at Leicester?

Kasper and Vards said it themselves when Mahrez came to us, everyone reckoned he'd be easy food for defenders, yet he made them eat dirt.

It’s called an opinion on a player I’ve watched with my very own eyes. Don’t understand why you are getting so offended because I have a differing opinion 

I could be proven wrong of course but when you are signing a player from a non top five league you have to contextualise his statistics.

Mahrez’s situation was different given he was afforded a year to bed in. Mahrez is also 5ft 10. Struggling to think of small height wingers who’ve been successful in the PL

I’d argue Pedro Goncalves is the more impressive player at Sporting. 

Edited by CosbehFox

Yes, a right-footed left winger, just the kind of player we're looking for :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

I'm aware he plays on both sides of the pitch but I'm ****ing tired of these half arsed hybrid solutions to a very clear problem we've had for half a decade now

Edited by LFox99

2 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Yes, a right-footed left winger, just the kind of player we're looking for :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

I'm aware he plays on both sides of the pitch but I'm ****ing tired of these half arsed hybrid solutions to a very clear problem we've had for half a decade now

He played right wing for 66% of last season. Can play CM very competently as well. Excellent set piece taker 

4 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

He played right wing for 66% of last season. Can play CM very competently as well. Excellent set piece taker 

And all of the sudden being short while also being expected to play as a CM isn't an issue anymore, I see.

Don't get me wrong, I like Goncalves as a player but you're being a hypocrite right now

Edited by LFox99

1 minute ago, LFox99 said:

And all of the sudden being short while also being expected to play as a CM isn't an issue anymore, I see.

Don't get me wrong, I like Goncalves as a player but you're being a hypocrite right now

You can be short and play CM role in PL. Plenty of examples where that’s not so much of an issue. 

10 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

It’s called an opinion on a player I’ve watched with my very own eyes. Don’t understand why you are getting so offended because I have a differing opinion 

I could be proven wrong of course but when you are signing a player from a non top five league you have to contextualise his statistics.

Mahrez’s situation was different given he was afforded a year to bed in. Mahrez is also 5ft 10. Struggling to think of small height wingers who’ve been successful in the PL

I agree with this opinion on Edwards to the extent that I wouldn’t be risking the money that Sporting would want for him. If he was still at Guimaraes, he’d have maybe been worth the 6 million punt.