Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

January 2023

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

In what way? He’s 5ft 6. He’s now 24 and only ever excelled in the Portuguese league. 

Went Sporting early this season, was really excited to see him but couldn’t believe how small in height he was. Which like or not is a bigger obstacle to the lad succeeding in a big five league where defensive midfielders and full backs are far more athletic 

Lionel Messi is 5ft 7 must be the worst winger in the world by that logic

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Centre Backs

Attila Szalai - Fenerbahce

Anthony Rouault - Toulouse

Filipe Relvas - Portimonese

Taylor Harwood-Bellis - Burnley (on loan from Man City)

Anel Ahmedhodzic - Sheff Utd

Jackson Porozo - Troyes

Left backs

Adrien Truffert - Rennes

Borna Sosa - Stuttgart

Remy Bensebaini - Gladbach

Maxim De Cuyper - Westerlo (on loan from Club Brugge)

Alfonso Pedraza - Villareal

Right wingers

Viktor Tsygankov - Dynamo Kyiv

Tete - Lyon (on loan from Shakhtar Donetsk)

Nicolas Gonzalez - Fiorentina

Ludovic Blas - Nantes

Marcus Edwards - Sporting

Noni Madueke - PSV

I’ll take the lot.

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Centre Backs

Attila Szalai - Fenerbahce

Anthony Rouault - Toulouse

Filipe Relvas - Portimonese

Taylor Harwood-Bellis - Burnley (on loan from Man City)

Anel Ahmedhodzic - Sheff Utd

Jackson Porozo - Troyes

Left backs

Adrien Truffert - Rennes

Borna Sosa - Stuttgart

Remy Bensebaini - Gladbach

Maxim De Cuyper - Westerlo (on loan from Club Brugge)

Alfonso Pedraza - Villareal

Right wingers

Viktor Tsygankov - Dynamo Kyiv

Tete - Lyon (on loan from Shakhtar Donetsk)

Nicolas Gonzalez - Fiorentina

Ludovic Blas - Nantes

Marcus Edwards - Sporting

Noni Madueke - PSV

Ahmedhodzic is exactly who we need, mix of determination, aggression, quality and has vast experience for such a young age.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The RW is going to be someone underwhelming like Saelemaekers from Milan or Suso from Sevilla

but then again didn't Tanner say something along the lines of that our preferred target for RW isn't gonna come cheap?

Either we're massively overpaying for Ayoze Perez 2.0 or we're actually going for someone decent

As I’m in the midst of scouting centre backs, they are to me what left footed right wingers are to @Ric Flair, an addiction. 

Just a recommendation for the RW role, Liel Abada of Celtic. 

His xG & xA stats compared to other wingers mentioned are eye catching.

Whether in January or the summer, a double Celtic swoop for Abada & O’Riley would be nice.

8 hours ago, brownboy93 said:

Lionel Messi is 5ft 7 must be the worst winger in the world by that logic

You can let me know when you last saw Messi play as an out and out winger. Again Messi was also playing top level football from a young age rather than making a debut at that level at 24/25. 

Ironically Edwards has played most of the season as a false 9  - which is exactly my point about CMs etc. You work space with good intelligence and physicality isn’t as much as an issue because you can seek the space out. 

As a winger you are in constant 1 on 1 battles which has football has evolved become more and more physical. You look at a player like Podence for Wolves who would be described as a winger but he’s probably played more centrally than ever in PL. 

Edited by CosbehFox

Reading gossip columns it's all usual clubs splashing big bucks. I'm not sure if that's because if other clubs have no plans (unlikely), not much money (likely) or are just of no interest to gossip columns (probably most likely)

I think Palace are considering a new assistant groundsman.

Guest Chocolate Teapot

The three players need to improve the first 11. We can't keep skimping and relying on academy players - all the hallmarks of Southampton's demise. Rodgers is absolutely right in what he says about players required and given we've signed 1 players in 18 months it's about time the club backed him.

8 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

The three players need to improve the first 11. We can't keep skimping and relying on academy players - all the hallmarks of Southampton's demise. Rodgers is absolutely right in what he says about players required and given we've signed 1 players in 18 months it's about time the club backed him.

Agree. The board decided to stick by him so now need to deliver the transfers. 

BR's partially to blame as sounds like he had a big hand in Bertrand and Vestergaard. With Glover in place, and how the signing of Faes came about, let's hope we're returning to the model of buying younger, talented yet unproven players. 

Edited by lcfc_forever

1 hour ago, taupe said:

Reading gossip columns it's all usual clubs splashing big bucks. I'm not sure if that's because if other clubs have no plans (unlikely), not much money (likely) or are just of no interest to gossip columns (probably most likely)

I think Palace are considering a new assistant groundsman.

I auppose clickbait articles will inevitably focus on the clubs who have millions of plastics around the country and world desperate for the latest scrap of gossip.  The more clicks the more advertising revenue. 

10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Ahmedhodzic is exactly who we need, mix of determination, aggression, quality and has vast experience for such a young age.

If we were after him we'd have got him before Shef Utd, he's a massive missed bargain for a lot of clubs.... funnily enough given he's from Forest academy, I can't believe they didn't try and re-sign him! 

He's north of £20m now. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

Youri replacement? Granted he doesn’t offer the same sort of goal involvement as Youri (sorry for my lack of xg input) but at 21 the lad looks something special

I would prefer kone over a like for like Youri replacement. Energy, athleticism and aggression is what we need in the middle of the park if we’re going to survive the next 18-30months.

Sign a RW to replace Youri’s goals/creativity.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

Youri replacement? Granted he doesn’t offer the same sort of goal involvement as Youri (sorry for my lack of xg input) but at 21 the lad looks something special

He’s a really top player, and will go on to have a good career I think. Not sure what system suits him best, he’s not quite a 6 or an 8. He’s a fantastic ball carrier tho. 

13 hours ago, kingfox said:

As I’m in the midst of scouting centre backs, they are to me what left footed right wingers are to @Ric Flair, an addiction. 

Just a recommendation for the RW role, Liel Abada of Celtic. 

His xG & xA stats compared to other wingers mentioned are eye catching.

Whether in January or the summer, a double Celtic swoop for Abada & O’Riley would be nice.

Abada isn't left footed, sacrilege.

38 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Abada isn't left footed, sacrilege.

On this occasion we can put your addiction to one side, make an exception for Abada, because he could be well worth a punt.

As you said the other day though, Tsygankov makes the most sense because of his contract situation.

• Like 2