Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

January 2023

21 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

Tete started and scored for Lyon last night. I think he will stay at Lyon tbh.

That is a shame

Looks like Blanc has switched from a 3/5 at the back system where Tete isn't needed to a 4 at the back which uses wingers so now he will be used

Hopefully he switches back lol

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

I honestly think the RW we bring in is Boga. It’s a shame because there are so many actual RW out there that we could attain.

Hope not, and signals from the club via Tanner are we're looking to spend a significant amount on a winger.

That would mean Boga is brought in only as cover for Barnes. 

Edited by lcfc_forever
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Sankey93 said:

I honestly think the RW we bring in is Boga. It’s a shame because there are so many actual RW out there that we could attain.

It would be a horrifying piece of business, he's played only 17 times on the right in 250+ appearances in academy and senior football. On what planet does this football club consider he the missing link on the right? It's scary isn't it. At least Perez and Lookman had played RW a fair bit over the years, I'm hoping Tanner is correct that our target is a very expensive one.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It would be a horrifying piece of business, he's played only 17 times on the right in 250+ appearances in academy and senior football. On what planet does this football club consider he the missing link on the right? It's scary isn't it. At least Perez and Lookman had played RW a fair bit over the years, I'm hoping Tanner is correct that our target is a very expensive one.

Hopefully the information I had passed to me that he is having no involvement in transfers is true then, because that’s the kind of shit he would try to sign…..

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Maybe tanner thinks 15 million is a really expensive one considering our financial status ? Everyone knows what we need but the club just ignores season after season! 

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Hopefully the information I had passed to me that he is having no involvement in transfers is true then, because that’s the kind of shit he would try to sign…..

"He" being Rodgers, I take it?

I'm baffled by us going after an expensive option for right wing if Teté is now seemingly off the table. Partly because I've no idea what "expensive" or "costly" means for us right now...but also surely it must be an option we know of then? Although saying that, we spent a fair whack on Fofana when few of us had heard of him.

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Viktor Tsygankov would cost less than Boga, he is desperate to leave Kviv and has an exceptional record in Ukraine and performed strongly in various European competitions. His set pieces make Maddison look like he's got his legs sewn on back to front and he's a talisman, he will stand up and be counted for us but above all HE IS A RIGHT WINGER.

But Ric we like fitting square pegs into round holes!

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Viktor Tsygankov would cost less than Boga, he is desperate to leave Kviv and has an exceptional record in Ukraine and performed strongly in various European competitions. His set pieces make Maddison look like he's got his legs sewn on back to front and he's a talisman, he will stand up and be counted for us but above all HE IS A RIGHT WINGER.

But Ric we are now shit at scouting and he’s not in Brendan’s little book 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah but this makes total sense so it won’t happen pal 😂

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Shane said:

I would prefer kone over a like for like Youri replacement. Energy, athleticism and aggression is what we need in the middle of the park if we’re going to survive the next 18-30months.

Sign a RW to replace Youri’s goals/creativity.

...just watching that, he looks like he plays at a pace suitable for the continent, he seems a yard or so slow for the prem!!!

His layoffs are not solid releases and rarely puts players into space. You can see there is little to no end product with him. It does not look as if he has a picture in his head as to what he wants to achieve with his play.

Hoping for

First eleven quality centre back

First eleven quality left back

First eleven quality left footed right winger

*Boga on loan back up for Barnes - would rather not but I think it will happen anyway

What will happen

Keane on loan

*Bertrand finally comes back from injury so decision is made we don't need to sign a new left back

Boga on loan to play right wing

Edited by moore_94
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 2