Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

January 2023

11 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Viktor Tsygankov would cost less than Boga, he is desperate to leave Kviv and has an exceptional record in Ukraine and performed strongly in various European competitions. His set pieces make Maddison look like he's got his legs sewn on back to front and he's a talisman, he will stand up and be counted for us but above all HE IS A RIGHT WINGER.

You and I have been banging this drum for years, but I have long given up hope that this ‘no-brain’ transfer happens.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Viktor Tsygankov would cost less than Boga, he is desperate to leave Kviv and has an exceptional record in Ukraine and performed strongly in various European competitions. His set pieces make Maddison look like he's got his legs sewn on back to front and he's a talisman, he will stand up and be counted for us but above all HE IS A RIGHT WINGER.

Have we ever been linked with this guy?

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Rodgers saying we have money but not as much as everyone else. I don't have very much positivity heading into this. What's happened to us being an ambitious club?

4 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Rodgers saying we have money but not as much as everyone else. I don't have very much positivity heading into this. What's happened to us being an ambitious club?

Exactly my thoughts at the moment. From the top downwards to the squad and a good chunk of the fanbase; the loss of ambition is staggering. 

There’s nothing wrong with being realistic and ambitious but everything this season feels like it’s been firefighting 

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Rodgers saying we have money but not as much as everyone else.

I've not read the quote but he's being a bit selective with that I think. I'm sure some clubs will be doing no business, have little or no money. Rodgers just doesn't see them as he doesn't want to manage at such a club. We have much less money than the 5 or 6 clubs that have sh1t loads, less than maybe a handful more but I suspect our position is not dissimilar to a number of others. 

7 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

We were ambitious by not selling Youri after the FA cup final.

We sold no one of note that summer and we're paying for it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

You and I have been banging this drum for years, but I have long given up hope that this ‘no-brain’ transfer happens.

But why go for someone like him? When you can go for Boga? Who had one good game for Chelsea under 8’s when Brendan was there cutting his teeth selling programs. 

Edited by Pliskin

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

Exactly my thoughts at the moment. From the top downwards to the squad and a good chunk of the fanbase; the loss of ambition is staggering. 

There’s nothing wrong with being realistic and ambitious but everything this season feels like it’s been firefighting 

The mistakes we've made in recruitment has curtailed our ambition. The club are stuck with some horrendous contracts, and until they are off the books there's not a lot they can do.

Just now, SouthStandUpperTier said:

The mistakes we've made in recruitment has curtailed our ambition. The club are stuck with some horrendous contracts, and until they are off the books there's not a lot they can do.

Regardless of the personnel situation, the vibe in everything the club has said and Rodgers included has been talking down rather than talking up 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
5 minutes ago, TommyK said:

We were ambitious by not selling Youri after the FA cup final.

We sold no one of note that summer and we're paying for it. 

Weve won more in prize money and Europe than any other side out of the top 6 in the last three years. Not selling players is a lazy excuse. It's the lack of commercial revenue and / or owner funding.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, SouthStandUpperTier said:

We also pay more in wages than anyone outside the top 6.

Villa, west ham and Everton all pay more. Probably Newcastle too now.

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Because they know the situation is grim. I know it's not what we want to hear but would you rather they lied to you?

You can talk up the quality of a squad which still has multiple internationals within it rather than trashing it. You talk up the ability to finish top half or winning a cup. They are not unrealistic goals. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
12 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

They don't. Newcastle will soon though.

https://www.capology.com/uk/premier-league/payrolls/

Rodgers said we were 9th on budget last year. I imagine he knows more than a website that's guessing.

Also worth bearing in mind he said 'this isn't the club it was two years ago' which would suggest we've pulled the plug. Selling you're second highest paid player and not replacing him is evidence enough.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

5 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Rodgers said we were 9th on budget last year. I imagine he knows more than a website that's guessing.

Also worth bearing in mind he said 'this isn't the club it was two years ago' which would suggest we've pulled the plug. Selling you're second highest paid player and not replacing him is evidence enough.

Granted that site has to use the odd 'unverified estimation' but it's a pretty good indicator. If we are behind Villa, WHAM and Newcastle in wage spend it's not by much. Fact remains that our wage/turnover ratio is unsustainable if the on-field results nose dive, which they have/are.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Granted that site has to use the odd 'unverified estimation' but it's a pretty good indicator. If we are behind Villa, WHAM and Newcastle in wage spend it's not by much. Fact remains that our wage/turnover ratio is unsustainable if the on-field results nose dive, which they have/are.

Weve finished ahead of those sides for the last three years if not longer hence why it's a lack of commercial revenue and / or owner funding. If they're able to sustain investment levels it's because their owners are willing to put in far more than ours (or are able to).

Just catching up with the When Your Smiling pod and the boy Tanner suggests that incoming target planning pre-dates Glover’s arrival- It’s the same people they were looking at in the Summer and negotiations for the RW already underway.

Hopefully this doesn’t mean Boga - I read Bournemouth are also interested - and we are at an advanced stage of bringing in a real RW.

Hopefully whoever is being targeted is endorsed by the new Head of Recruitment.

15 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Pretty sure Brendan has said both of these are targets.

If he has, his communication of it certainly hasn’t excited fans considering ticket sales for Gillingham and Newcastle away trips.

Particularly when comparable games have sold better and quicker in the past. 

19 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Weve finished ahead of those sides for the last three years if not longer hence why it's a lack of commercial revenue and / or owner funding. If they're able to sustain investment levels it's because their owners are willing to put in far more than ours (or are able to).

I think our owner's investment levels are fine though, for a club our size. The trouble is we've stopped spending it wisely. We've brought in quite a bit of dross on high wages in the last couple of years.

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier