Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

January 2023

40 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Pay the money for Madueke

Scored 2 beauties tonight vs AC Milan

Proper left footed right winger cutting inside type of stuff

No way are we signing him....

I would be unbelievably Impress if we did. 

12 minutes ago, TommyK said:

No way are we signing him....

I would be unbelievably Impress if we did. 

We have been tracking him for a while and were really interested in him before

He has also just come back from injury and PSV are having money issues

Chance for a deal I reckon

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

We have been tracking him for a while and were really interested in him before

He has also just come back from injury and PSV are having money issues

Chance for a deal I reckon

Just whether they still need the cash. Got the money for Gakpo and a bit like us after Fofana I doubt they'd sell another keep player.

3 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Ah, it is a very worrying issue. I mean if the pot has dried up then we’re does that money then come from? Like you say we can sell one or two players but it seems at the moment we will be chasing our tails. Perhaps it’s a case of just hanging on and having a few very mediocre seasons whilst we try and recycle players and build the funds pit up again. 

Without a detailed look at the revenue streams it is pretty certain most money comes from the TV deals. The problem is if we really are spending 90-100% of our income on salaries, as has been reported, then it is obviously going to become a problem over time to invest in the squad. We basically have too many highly paid players who simply contribute next to nothing.

On top of that our stadium size precludes from any significant revenue increase and even going to 45k, if we even fill it, won't really make an enormous difference. 

Non match related revenue streams are probably not that significant in the grand scale of things either. Maybe we need to think about the stadium naming rights? Are King Power really paying the true market value?

Like you say it is worrying for the medium term. This league is very competitive and we have become used to punching above our means. I feel that period has come to an end unless we find major new investment, completely overhaul our academy set up to produce better younger players, effectively do a Chelsea and mop up more players than we need, loan them out and then sell them at a profit without ever playing them or once again strike lucky in our recruitment.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Just whether they still need the cash. Got the money for Gakpo and a bit like us after Fofana I doubt they'd sell another keep player.

Be interesting to see what they do as they have 4 left footed RWs but sold their best LW.

3 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Pay the money for Madueke

Scored 2 beauties tonight vs AC Milan

Proper left footed right winger cutting inside type of stuff

this is definitely possible.  He’s become expendable because of his hot and cold form/ injury record. 

I think if we pay a decent fee they’d snap our hands off. 20- 25m would do it, if you base it on the gakpo fee 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

this is definitely possible.  He’s become expendable because of his hot and cold form/ injury record. 

I think if we pay a decent fee they’d snap our hands off. 20- 25m would do it, if you base it on the gakpo fee 

Don't see how they'd be willing to let go of another winger after they now lost Gakpo as well as Doan in the summer.

6 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Has Madueke's stock dropped a bit with his niggles? Might help us to be honest, still clearly a talent in there but he doesn't seem perhaps as coveted as he did 18 months back which might benefit the bracket below the "elite" clubs

Scored a brace against Milan in a friendly today

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas

7 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Has Madueke's stock dropped a bit with his niggles? Might help us to be honest, still clearly a talent in there but he doesn't seem perhaps as coveted as he did 18 months back which might benefit the bracket below the "elite" clubs

Picked up an ankle injury in July from a tackle in training and only came back late October so has only played about 200 minutes of competitive football in about 7 months

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Picked up an ankle injury in July from a tackle in training and only came back late October so has only played about 200 minutes of competitive football in about 7 months

Cheers man, wouldn't surprise me if he's one that a club above us will wait for a side like ours to take a punt on first tbh as a bit of insurance

13 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Weve won more in prize money and Europe than any other side out of the top 6 in the last three years. Not selling players is a lazy excuse. It's the lack of commercial revenue and / or owner funding.

Well if the owner can't/isn't willing to pump more money in or slap some more betting ads all over the stadium surely it's on the club to continue with the strategy that has allowed us to maintain a strong squad

5 hours ago, LFox99 said:

Don't see how they'd be willing to let go of another winger after they now lost Gakpo as well as Doan in the summer.

because they will already have another 2 players lined up for a fraction of the fee. That’s how they operate. 

If they see it as a good deal, they will take it. They have no trouble picking up replacements and when the player in question has a bad injury record, it’s highly unlikely they will hold strong. 

Gakpo is in a different catergory to Noni and he plays on the other wing. I just don’t think it’s that unlikely. 

Edited by Lambert09