Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

January 2023

19 hours ago, TommyK said:

Would love this type of signing, not at same level as when we signed Madders from Norwich, but this lad is a real talent and can play across a number of positions. Excellent carrier of the ball and good array of passing. Really hope we sign him as this would be a real sign of our intent to go back signing young, hungry players who we can nurture and develop. 

• Like 2

I think we need to sign a goalkeeper, left back, centre back, progressive midfielder and a right winger in the next 6 months.

Albon Lafont, Milos Kehkez, Anel Ahmedhodzic, Azzedine Ounahi, Daichi Kamada and Domenico Berardi are a few I'd look at.

Sales of Tielemans and Praet as well as the likes of Ricardo, Perez, Vestergaard, Bertrand and Soyuncu off the wage bill should put a gopd portion towards the pot that already has £60m in it from the Fofana sale. Desperately need to start the rebuild in January.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, matty98 said:

Iliman Ndiaye would be a top signing, not specifically a right winger but does a lot of good work off the right. Could be a decent Maddison replacement. Also only 1.5 years left on his contract.

He'd be a good versatile attacker, often plays in a front two. Good shout.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I think we need to sign a goalkeeper, left back, centre back, progressive midfielder and a right winger in the next 6 months.

Albon Lafont, Milos Kehkez, Anel Ahmedhodzic, Azzedine Ounahi, Daichi Kamada and Domenico Berardi are a few I'd look at.

Sales of Tielemans and Praet as well as the likes of Ricardo, Perez, Vestergaard, Bertrand and Soyuncu off the wage bill should put a gopd portion towards the pot that already has £60m in it from the Fofana sale. Desperately need to start the rebuild in January.

Ricardo has 3½ years to run on his £80k per week contract. Don't see how we move him on, especially with his injury record being what it is.

Just now, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Ricardo has 3½ years to run on his £80k per week contract. Don't see how we move him on, especially with his injury record being what it is.

I completely forgot that we renewed that. Notbsure why but I thought his contract was up in the summer.

Just looking at who is out of contract in the next two years. 

2022; Evans, Amartey, Youri, Cags, Perez, Mendy, Evans, Bartrand. 

2023; Praet, Nacho, Maddison, Ndidi, Vardy, Thomas, Vestegaard, Albrighton. 

So we'll lose. Youri, Cags, Bartrand, Mendy, Perez for sure this summer. Only one we'll really miss is Youri as he is the only one playing regularly. 

Likely Nacho, Maddison, Praet will go this summer. 

We'll miss Madison obviously. 

So despite all the potential departures. We actually need to only replace Maddison and Youri. (Only :-) )

Edited by TommyK

22 minutes ago, TommyK said:

Just looking at who is out of contract in the next two years. 

2022; Evans, Amartey, Youri, Cags, Perez, Mendy, Evans, Bartrand. 

2023; Preat, Nacho, Madison, Ndidi, Vardy, Thomas, Vestegaard, Albrighton. 

So we'll lose. Youri, Cags, Bartrand, Mendy, Perez for sure this summer. Only one we'll really miss is Youri as he is the only one playing regularly. 

Likely Nacho, Madison, Preat will go this summer. 

We'll miss Madison obviously. 

So despite all the potential departures. We actually need to only replace Madison and Youri. (Only :-) )

Preat and Madison? I’ve had to override autocorrect to get those spellings!

56 minutes ago, stu said:

Well the transfer window has been open for 15 minutes. Why haven’t we signed any players yet? This club is a shambles…

****sake I had an evening nap and missed my chance at this dad joke. Fuming 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, stu said:

Well the transfer window has been open for 15 minutes. Why haven’t we signed any players yet? This club is a shambles…

I know this is a joke but you do have to question how we come don’t appear near to even one signing like Liverpool and Wolves have done considering we’ve got major issues 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Boga and Keane are really the only credible links… 

poor ones at that too.. they may boost our squad but certainly not our starting 11.

finances no doubt still dictate our ability to spend £25/30m on a player so basement signings it is..

4 minutes ago, Rigga said:

Boga and Keane are really the only credible links… 

poor ones at that too.. they may boost our squad but certainly not our starting 11.

finances no doubt still dictate our ability to spend £25/30m on a player so basement signings it is..

Faes signing came out of nowhere, have faith

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 1