Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

January 2023

15 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Liverpool and who else?

Wolves in Cunha - desperately needed an attacker and got one in.

Forest, West Ham, Newcastle, Chelsea and Brighton all agreed deals with players for them to join the club as of today (international clearance as well) 

2 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Wolves in Cunha - desperately needed an attacker and got one in.

Forest, West Ham, Newcastle, Chelsea and Brighton all agreed deals with players for them to join the club as of today (international clearance as well) 

Official announced by the clubs? 

Edited by coolhandfox

**disclaimer it’s “one of them” posts** 

My mate who is a manure fan, claims that we’ve made an approach to sign Maguire on loan….

Could be bollocks but worth sticking out there. 

Edited by Pliskin

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

**disclaimer it’s “one of them” posts** 

My mate who is a manure fan, claims that we’ve made an approach to sign Maguire on loan….

Could be bollocks but worth sticking out there. 

Would snap their hand off, seeing as he can't get in the side ahead of a LB.

Think him and Faes would be a great pair.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Nothing overall exciting other than a couple.

Just three highly rated youngsters signed for £10m.

Sort of signings which would be ideal for us - six months to bed in and then decent squad players pushing to first team inclusion. 

Just now, CosbehFox said:

Sort of signings which would be ideal for us - six months to bed in and then decent squad players pushing to first team inclusion. 

In my view we don't need players who are going to take 6 month to bed in.

We need players who are going to make a impact right now.

Southampton brought a number of high rated youngsters in the summer, not exactly working out for them

33 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

The ‘need to improve the first XI’ opinion is at odds with this though, and we need a stronger/more consistent XI to make youngsters the sole focus I think

Guest StevieLynex
34 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Wouldn’t matter if it were true - it won’t happen.  

Thank God for that

8 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I have a feeling that we start everyone’s scouting process for them, be the abandon our own pursuit to sign someone crap.

Or we just don't have the money or pulling power to compete with clubs like Chelsea is more like it.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, markko said:

We could do with doing business as early as possible. If we want players out, let's get rid asap. We need to get in a left back,.midfielder and right winger preferably with pace!

Problem with getting rid of the deadwood is players will only move if it benefits them. 

I wouldn’t expect many departures until the Summer unfortunately.

No doubt we’ll be demanding top money for all our players but putting low ball offers in for the players we want. 
I’d be surprised if we signed more than one player before the end of the window and that’ll probably be on loan.

For all we know Brendan could be just putting the board under pressure with his 3 player comments.

5 minutes ago, dnewty said:

No doubt we’ll be demanding top money for all our players but putting low ball offers in for the players we want. 
I’d be surprised if we signed more than one player before the end of the window and that’ll probably be on loan.

For all we know Brendan could be just putting the board under pressure with his 3 player comments.

I do think we need to bring in some fresh faces with some character. When.Pearson was in charge he wanted 11 captains and pace. We could do with some of that now.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Benoit Badiashile going to Chelsea. We were linked with him at one point?

Might make Levi Colwill’s mind up to leave, no doubt there’s a 1st dibs option in the sweetener deal Chelsea did with Brighton & as he starting for them he might stick.