Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

January 2023

14 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

I know this is a joke but you do have to question how we come don’t appear near to even one signing like Liverpool and Wolves have done considering we’ve got major issues 

Hadn't even thought of this but it's dead right. It's not impossible to have it done and ready. My prediction of no new signing to start against Brighton looking more hopeful.

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

For those who dismiss early transfer business done by teams already and that it's no concern we haven't yet, of all the permanent January signings we have made in the last decade an overwhelming majoroty of them were already agreed or close to being agreed by the start of January.

Chris Wood, Mahrez, Andrei Kramaric, Demarai Gray, Wilfred Ndidi.

Only Amartey can I recall us sign a player permanently mid way through / towards the end of the window. There's probably been others in that last decade but we do usually have them wrapped up or we historically struggle. Given the pain and anguish over recent transfer windows I'm already fearing the worst.

Yep. Heard it all before. I'll believe it when I see it with us. We had months of that nonsense on here in the summer and we've had it happen in January before. I think we'll be busier than usual but I don't expect fireworks, my expectations of our transfer windows are tainted now.

It's these things where we get shown up IMO.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Got a friend who supports Toulouse, he thinks our scouts have been watching this lad, never heard of him till today.

@kingfox @moore_94

Oh yes!!!

To be honest Toulouse ought to be being scouted by us, Chaibi, Aboukhlal and Rouault all fit the exact profile of players we need as part of this rebuild.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It seems that PSV are the most likely destination for Viktor Tsygankov which is just ridiculous. PSV currently have the following left footed right wingers: Madueke, Bakayoko and Savio. Their only left winger now Gakpo has been sold is El Ghazi.

Anyway, annoying as it is, perhaps that opens up the opportunity for us to finally land Madueke.

• Like 2

Being realistic I reckon two loans (left back and Boga).

Dream would be;

Left back loan (I would take Targett don't think we need perm)

Right sided central defender ( Rouault) looks good)

Right winger. 

Central midfielder 

Rouault is definitely a player who will take that next step up in class sooner rather than later.

Some other defenders who we should be touting that fit our style of play...

Micky Van de Ven(Wolfsburg)

Abakar Sylla(Club Brugge)

Adamo Nagalo(Nordsjaelland)

Carlos Cuesta(Genk)

Three left sided, one right sided :thumbup:

18 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

For those who dismiss early transfer business done by teams already and that it's no concern we haven't yet, of all the permanent January signings we have made in the last decade an overwhelming majoroty of them were already agreed or close to being agreed by the start of January.

Chris Wood, Mahrez, Andrei Kramaric, Demarai Gray, Wilfred Ndidi.

Only Amartey can I recall us sign a player permanently mid way through / towards the end of the window. There's probably been others in that last decade but we do usually have them wrapped up or we historically struggle. Given the pain and anguish over recent transfer windows I'm already fearing the worst.

I think the issue is we are alway looking for the best price, and on a limited budget.

If we only have 40m for a RW, CB and LB we are going to trying to get the best price.

I'm sure if we were willing to over pay we could get business done early.

I already resigned myself that we will not get what we need and we will end up going with what we have.

Our penny pinching probably put pay to any summer busy as we refused to sell the likes of Praet and Soumare for less then we valued them.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Rouault is definitely a player who will take that next step up in class sooner rather than later.

Some other defenders who we should be touting that fit our style of play...

Micky Van de Ven(Wolfsburg)

Abakar Sylla(Club Brugge)

Adamo Nagalo(Nordsjaelland)

Carlos Cuesta(Genk)

Three left sided, one right sided :thumbup:

Love Nagalo, suggested him a few times (probably too many, bordering on obsessive 😂) him along with Matturo who's gone to Genoa now and Daniel Gonzalez once he's eligible for a work permit.

• Like 2