Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

January 2023

30 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I think the issue is we are alway looking for the best price, and on a limited budget.

If we only have 40m for a RW, CB and LB we are going to trying to get the best price.

I'm sure if we were willing to over pay we could get business done early.

I already resigned myself that we will not get what we need and we will end up going with what we have.

Our penny pinching probably put pay to any summer busy as we refused to sell the likes of Praet and Soumare for less then we valued them.

After the soap opera this Summer expect BR to lose his sh*t if he doesn’t get the majority of his transfer business done.

No doubt I am sure there will be some compromises on targets / perhaps more loan deals to try and make the kitty stretch. 

That may prove a false economy if the recruits don’t lift standards.  It is then more likely we would lose Madders and the Summer rebuild would be even bigger.

Edited by JimmyC74

9 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

After the soap opera this Summer expect BR to lose his sh*t if he doesn’t get the majority of his transfer business done.

No doubt I am sure there will be some compromises on targets / perhaps more loan deals to try and make the kitty stretch. 

That may prove a false economy if the recruits don’t lift standards.  It is then more likely we would lose Madders and the Summer rebuild would be even bigger.

Very true, Evans out until February now as well and this quote has just been post on twitter by BBC radio Leicester...

Brendan Rodgers says that it’s imperative that the club move in the January transfer window: “It’s not all about money, but if you’re going to progress then you have to be able to bring players in. If you don’t, then you stand still - and others overtake you”

He's going to combust if we don't make signing.

The not about money part makes me think we will see a couple of loans.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Very true, Evans out until February now as well and this quote has just been post on twitter by BBC radio Leicester...

Brendan Rodgers says that it’s imperative that the club move in the January transfer window: “It’s not all about money, but if you’re going to progress then you have to be able to bring players in. If you don’t, then you stand still - and others overtake you”

Wouldn’t be against some loans if they are of suitable standard and it allows us to get a first choice RW like a Madueke

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Well if we don’t bring players in then is it a strategy from the club to try and get the coach to resign rather than having to sack him?.  In addition, rodgers continually pushing the narrative of needing players in is protecting his standing.  I’m intrigued at what he’s currently saying after what happened in the summer - it feels like we could be headed back to the same stand off. If he knows we’re bringing players in then why make a big deal of it now. Just wait for them to arrive. We never used to state our needs in the market and did our business quietly from our end. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Well if we don’t bring players in then is it a strategy from the club to try and get the coach to resign rather than having to sack him?.  In addition, rodgers continually pushing the narrative of needing players in is protecting his standing.  I’m intrigued at what he’s currently saying after what happened in the summer - it feels like we could be headed back to the same stand off. If he knows we’re bringing players in then why make a big deal of it now. Just wait for them to arrive. We never used to state our needs in the market and did our business quietly from our end. 

All good and well if it doesn't cost us our PL status at the same time.

Going to be an interesting month.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Think it would be 100% fair for Rodger’s to be annoyed if we don’t make the correct signings. This club would have appealed to him due to being well ran, decent financially and having a good squad. If we continue losing quality and not replacing it properly then regardless what anyone says all in all he’s a good manager but we will be left with a squad that’s too weak to stay up

• Like 1

Jeez it’s turned into another thread of doom and gloom and people trying to post the most miserable take on things.

It’s the 2nd of January

We don’t have the money or cachet  of the likes of Liverpool or Chelsea.

We may be trying to sign better players then Wolves and those players may not see as first choice.

Some of you need to calm down and remove all sharp objects from your vicinity.

3 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Love Nagalo, suggested him a few times (probably too many, bordering on obsessive 😂) him along with Matturo who's gone to Genoa now and Daniel Gonzalez once he's eligible for a work permit.

Someone wrote an article on him an hour after I mentioned him lol 

Interesting read...

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

We need to find our new thing when it’s comes to transfers, a market or strategy we hold true to. Like Brighton / Brentford / Celtic / Man City 

Spot on, although would exclude Man City as they're operating at a completely different level. 

We used to have it - Pearson and Walsh built an excellent analytics team that was the foundation for our success.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Great club to monitor for players really with the set up there and the Right to Dream Academy.

We have someone who was previously heavily involved with Right to Dream from its early days working within our academy. I’d be amazed if we haven’t got some form of links with them already!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

We have someone who was previously heavily involved with Right to Dream from its early days working within our academy. I’d be amazed if we haven’t got some form of links with them already!

Didn't know that, how long have they been involved as we picked up Sowah directly from Right to Dream didn't we?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Didn't know that, how long have they been involved as we picked up Sowah directly from Right to Dream didn't we?

8 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

There were some unhappy people when we got Sowah for a pittance. 

• Like 1