Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

January 2023

It's super clear we still need players OOT before we can get players IN or we would have acted already. 

So 3 of Soyuncu, Tielemans, Vest, Perez, Praet need to move before we have sufficient money to grease the wheels. 

I imagine we are advanced in talks for four or five players who may or may not be better than what we have, but we will suffer the same fate as the summer if we don't ship some out first. 

The trouble is - our shit players get payed a fortune and so they are hard to shift.

16 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

It's super clear we still need players OOT before we can get players IN or we would have acted already. 

So 3 of Soyuncu, Tielemans, Vest, Perez, Praet need to move before we have sufficient money to grease the wheels. 

I imagine we are advanced in talks for four or five players who may or may not be better than what we have, but we will suffer the same fate as the summer if we don't ship some out first. 

The trouble is - our shit players get payed a fortune and so they are hard to shift.

That’s not the only reason, other clubs/players could also be waiting to see if they get some better offers. The January window often has a domino effect with very little happening at the start and lots happening at the end. Calm down.

4 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

He will go absolutely nowhere without his money, in fact I would be surprised if anybody leaves without being fully paid up. This is our ongoing problem.

I certainly won't disagree with the point he won't leave without his pay off but I don't discount the possibility he resigns in the summer with little to no pay off to protect his reputation.

The narrative of two 5th placed finishes, an FA Cup and forced to sell his best players with little investment will hold up against the uneducated opinion. Rodgers will do what's best for his reputation and bank balance but we will probably stay up this year but the squad going into the 2023/24 campaign could be the weakest we've seen in years and he won't want to be the man to overlook that. Pretty sure Rodgers wants out of here ASAP but his fat wages and lack of options keep him here. 

36 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Brentford are so much better run these days than we are. 

Rodgers gets a lot of flak, a lot of it merited, but the whole recruitment structure and general football organisation is lacking. 

Feels like we’ve been going through the motions without a strategy. 

Even if Glover is great, so much needs to change and fast. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, CyprusFox said:

Just shows how quickly other teams act when needs must. Toneys only been injured for five minutes FFS. What the fuch are we playing at?

Think he’s been in their sights for a while but every day that passes the more obvious it is that we have gone from best run to basket case 

46 minutes ago, CyprusFox said:

Just shows how quickly other teams act when needs must. Toneys only been injured for five minutes FFS. What the fuch are we playing at?

You don't think it's more down to his obvious imminent lengthy ban coming up then? I guess we'd probably move a bit quicker too if we found out Maddison was down the bookies instead of the darts...

16 minutes ago, JimJams said:

You don't think it's more down to his obvious imminent lengthy ban coming up then? I guess we'd probably move a bit quicker too if we found out Maddison was down the bookies instead of the darts...

Same rationale as us needing a right winger or CB or LB. Brentford need a player upfront, they’ve got it sorted within a week of the transfer window and structured it in a way to avoid the main bulk of the cost on this seasons figures 

• Like 1