Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

January 2023

10 hours ago, FoxOnWheels said:

Will probably get slaughtered for this but if King Power has ran out of money they need to sell for the sake of the club. What they have done for us is unbelievable but being competitive in the premier league is a mega rich man’s game

100% agree. Sentiment aside… King Power/board let us down in the summer and its possibly time for them to move on if they cannot afford to invest in the squad anymore. Whether you hate Rogers or not he has been banging the drum about a squad refresh for some time and now we are suffering because we have some real

bang average players in the starting line up that would simply be average championship players.

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Sounds a lot less sure we have some money to spend

In the summer we were told rebuild which amounted to finishing the window with a weaker squad than we started it with. In January we were told money available to strengthen the 3x positions that Rodgers outlined with our chosen targets.

It's early days but if the January window also amounts to little and we spend the next month scaling back expectations with limited positive movement then it's absolutely farcical. A repeat of the media narrative of 'poor Leicester, can't strengthen, weak squad', Rodgers bleating in every press conference, and the general mood that the summer window created in the fanbase is the absolute last thing we need right now.

I'm prepared to be patient in January and see what happens as with Glover's arrival there will surely be a cash injection into the squad. However, if we continue to negatively reset expectations then you have to question wtf is going on. In this window we've already gone from 'a different story to the summer with money to spend' to 'hopefully we can strengthen' and 'not a lot of money'. I don't know if that's Rodgers running his mouth or the club being more and more conservative but it's mind-blowingly frustrating. It feels like we're sat waiting and holding our breath and hoping for the best yet as fans we're jumping up and down screaming for something to happen as we can all see where this path leads.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, tetly said:

How much would half a team cost? We are in need of some decent players.

Can't we do some swaps somewhere, be a bit more creative, swap Soyunchu for an Under type (he isn't playing anyway) Perez to a Spanish team that have a defender half decent, swap Praet to Torino for somebody else possibly plus a small amount of money. Get a free transfer GK, an play Iverson a bit more.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Sounds a lot less sure we have some money to spend

Look at some of the business other clubs are doing, you don’t need big money signings, we know this as well as anyone as fans. I am only speculating, but I have a feeling Rodgers wants big money players who have proven quality, rather than cheaper astute signings who require coaching and time to develop like we’ve previously gone for before our big money approaches.

10 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

Can't we do some swaps somewhere, be a bit more creative, swap Soyunchu for an Under type (he isn't playing anyway) Perez to a Spanish team that have a defender half decent, swap Praet to Torino for somebody else possibly plus a small amount of money. Get a free transfer GK, an play Iverson a bit more.

I was genuinely just looking at this for Cags

Athletico have everything agreed with him to join the summer it looks like, and will only sign him now for a very small fee

Use it as an opportunity to get Mario Hermoso on loan from them for a reduced loan fee

Left footed and can player centre back and left back and had 30+ appearances each season for them the past few seasons

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, FoxOnWheels said:

Will probably get slaughtered for this but if King Power has ran out of money they need to sell for the sake of the club. What they have done for us is unbelievable but being competitive in the premier league is a mega rich man’s game

I may have got this wrong but as I understand it the club is and has for a while been run as its own business which needs to be sustainable outside the umbrella of King Power. 

Again please feel free to correct me but we have basically borrowed against future TV income, which may not be there the rate we are going next season. If so this is the path Barcelona took and has led them to terrible financial trouble. If we lose the premier league TV money we will be in a huge hole. 
Our off field revenue is really very low and we simply don't have the worldwide fan base to generate significant sums.

Whilst you would, I think, be correct in saying that the current management of the club from top to bottom is far from perfect I'm not sure we can directly blame King Power for a lack of investment.

Simply the club must stand on its own two feet financially. Currently it has big losses and too many costs vis a vis incomes.

• Like 2

Surely the club needs a helping hand so it can sustain itself at this level (premier league). There is no future if they don’t safeguard the present!

the lack of communication by the club is freakin alarming. Why are the fans always the last to know what is happening behind the scenes? Listening to Rogers I can trust anymore what is the truth and what is just pure waffle or recycled sound bites.

I know others clubs are struggling too like west ham, wolves, everton & Southampton but we cannot keep relying on them to slip up. If they get their act together we will free fall to relagation. There’s only so many times you can fire this team up before they lose heart and the fight. I bet madders & youre can’t wait to jump ship and escape the turmoil. “Send out an SOS!” 🙏🏽

On 03/01/2023 at 16:20, lcfc_forever said:

Brentford are so much better run these days than we are. 

Rodgers gets a lot of flak, a lot of it merited, but the whole recruitment structure and general football organisation is lacking. 

Feels like we’ve been going through the motions without a strategy. 

Even if Glover is great, so much needs to change and fast. 

...I  would say he would have had a big hand in dismantling the system when he got here!!!

Bringing in Congerton in to the system, he would have been empowered to revamp the system and the  inevitable morale change that would ensued. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

I can’t belive for not in for Orsic! Apparently Zagreb only want 8 million. I know he’s mainly a left winger but for that price we should be all over it and he can play across the front 3 line.

I didn’t realise he is 30 now. I know his name has been around for ages, but I thought he was still mid twenties.

For that reason alone it’s a pass from me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stu said:

I didn’t realise he is 30 now. I know his name has been around for ages, but I thought he was still mid twenties.

For that reason alone it’s a pass from me.

Only just turned 30 few days ago tho. Would get a solid 2/3 seasons out of him for that price.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, les-tah said:

100% agree. Sentiment aside… King Power/board let us down in the summer and its possibly time for them to move on if they cannot afford to invest in the squad anymore. Whether you hate Rogers or not he has been banging the drum about a squad refresh for some time and now we are suffering because we have some real

bang average players in the starting line up that would simply be average championship players.

He's been refreshing with crap ever since he's come with the odd exception.