Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

January 2023

8 hours ago, kingkisnorbo said:

The lack of interest shown in the championship/lower league players always baffles me a bit. Low risk, good quality players who will jump at the chance for a move up. Don’t know when it became so unfashionable. 

An lower league clubs are even more desperate for the money, we could of easily got someone from the championship or league one for less than 5 million that would of been at least 5 years younger than Vestegaard.

7 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

An lower league clubs are even more desperate for the money, we could of easily got someone from the championship or league one for less than 5 million that would of been at least 5 years younger than Vestegaard.

And 5 times better 🤔

36 minutes ago, jv1 said:

We should be going for Danny ings - our 3 strikers are massively struggling 

Ings has struggled at Villa though and is injury prone and the wrong age. I'd have him on loan as a last resort but to be honest I'd like to see us properly sort out our attack but I'm not sure where that is in the long list of priorities. 

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Ings has struggled at Villa though and is injury prone and the wrong age. I'd have him on loan as a last resort but to be honest I'd like to see us properly sort out our attack but I'm not sure where that is in the long list of priorities.

Ings should be patient, he gets very well paid by Villa and they will inevitably turn to him again. 

I found the Ahmedhodzic deal to Sheff Utd a bit weird to be honest.

He was a target for both Manchester clubs and Chelsea as well as a host of clubs in europe.

Came through the Forest academy, but his father fell out with Forest so he was never going to end up back there! 

I imagine his loan to Bordeaux and being involved in that mess did him no favours in getting a big six offer.

Sheff Utd have played a blinder though, his eventual transfer after a full season in the prem next year will fund them for a good while, no doubt about it!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I found the Ahmedhodzic deal to Sheff Utd a bit weird to be honest.

He was a target for both Manchester clubs and Chelsea as well as a host of clubs in europe.

Came through the Forest academy, but his father fell out with Forest so he was never going to end up back there! 

I imagine his loan to Bordeaux and being involved in that mess did him no favours in getting a big six offer.

Sheff Utd have played a blinder though, his eventual transfer after a full season in the prem next year will fund them for a good while, no doubt about it!

I reckon he gets picked off in summer. He's not been a flash in the pan for only a couple months. Barring injury, he's probably been one of the most consistent/in-form defenders in the league.

Even if they get promoted I think a bigger club pays what Sheff Utd want for him to move. Would love it to be us, but I doubt it.

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I reckon he gets picked off in summer. He's not been a flash in the pan for only a couple months. Barring injury, he's probably been one of the most consistent/in-form defenders in the league.

Even if they get promoted I think a bigger club pays what Sheff Utd want for him to move. Would love it to be us, but I doubt it.

Just makes the transfer even more curious. I do wonder sometimes if a club like Man City says 'you buy him now and we'll loan you a couple of players because we can't squeeze him into FFP this season' and then they come in and get him in the summer.

I know it's very cynical but there's just no sense to be made of him ending up there, it's not like they went down from the prem last season, they've been there for a couple now. 

52 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Ings should be patient, he gets very well paid by Villa and they will inevitably turn to him again. 

Reports Emery wants to bring a new striker in and therefore Ings is surplus to requirements. Can see him going to Everton, the gift that keeps on giving.

Sheff Utd have a couple gems we should be trying to sign. Ahmedhodzic, Ndiaye & possibly Berge.

Ndiaye could be the best of the three and they might have to sell him in the summer with 1 year left on his contract. Could be a cheap option if we continue to struggle up front.

37 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Reports Emery wants to bring a new striker in and therefore Ings is surplus to requirements. Can see him going to Everton, the gift that keeps on giving.

There are almost no consistent strikers in Europe bar Mbappe , Haaland and the old men so good luck with that.

If the Recruitment Team photo-copied some of the pages in Congerton´s Black book, we must be talking to some has been(s) looking for a Pension Top-ups´ or looking to loan a Centre Back that once marked Chris Sutton.

I am thinking news soon.

Transfers

“We’re working very hard behind the scenes to get the type of players we want to get in. I know there’s a lot of work going on. Every manager will tell you he wants them right at the very beginning of the window. It’s normally complex and a lot of work is needed behind the scenes.”

“The supporters have one outfield signing to talk about in the last couple of windows. They can see the team needs reinforcements. If we can do that, it will be great news for them.”

“It’s getting more difficult. The financial resources, not just in the top six, makes it really difficult. Clubs have multiple injections of finances. We have one owner and one family. Each year it gets tougher. It doesn’t soften our ambition to be super competitive.”

16 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Transfers

“We’re working very hard behind the scenes to get the type of players we want to get in. I know there’s a lot of work going on. Every manager will tell you he wants them right at the very beginning of the window. It’s normally complex and a lot of work is needed behind the scenes.”

“The supporters have one outfield signing to talk about in the last couple of windows. They can see the team needs reinforcements. If we can do that, it will be great news for them.”

“It’s getting more difficult. The financial resources, not just in the top six, makes it really difficult. Clubs have multiple injections of finances. We have one owner and one family. Each year it gets tougher. It doesn’t soften our ambition to be super competitive.”

Got some front ain't he with that last comment 😂😂😂😂

8 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

Looks like jack butland going on loan to Man Utd. Not featured for Palace at all this season. I thought he was a good prospect a few years back. 

He's been with six teams in nine years. 

Always rated him but I do wonder if he's trouble behind the scenes.

Am I imagining this or were we once very highly interested in Naby Keita before he eventuall moved to Liverpool?

I know he’s got injury question marks but i’m wondering if that’s a player we might explore, his contract is running out in 2023. 

Youri to liverpool, naby to leicester. nice little swap in january. 

I’ve always been impressed with keita when he actually plays