Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

January 2023

can’t help but feel we would have been better off being sat in the bottom 3 now. The owners might have felt the need to really inject to pull us to safety. 

Get the feeling we probably still think we will be fine and that complacency might cost us. 

• Like 1

We need 4/5 in like asap..we know it won’t happen..

1 loan and 1 perm signing I imagine.. underwhelming no doubt also..

let’s be honest, we’re skint and will be falling way behind even the mid to lower table teams in the transfer market..

it’s disappointing but we have reached our peak.. 

Avoiding relegation will be a major achievement. I am not sure thy this current squad has that fight needed though..

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Got some front ain't he with that last comment 😂😂😂😂

History seems to be repeating itself and the games in the media have started again seems like the Summer window all over again and the worrying aspect to all this is the disruption and impact it had to our early season results.  Even if we spend £45m has been alluded by Rob Tanner in this window, I am not convinced Brendan won’t still be moaning it isn’t enough in terms of number and/or quality of reinforcements. 

We can ill afford January to become another Mexican stand off between Rodgers and the board, because another run of results and score lines similar to the first 7/8 games could have catastrophic consequences. 

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

Am I imagining this or were we once very highly interested in Naby Keita before he eventuall moved to Liverpool?

I know he’s got injury question marks but i’m wondering if that’s a player we might explore, his contract is running out in 2023. 

Youri to liverpool, naby to leicester. nice little swap in january. 

I’ve always been impressed with keita when he actually plays 

Liverpool fans despise him. Not done anywhere near enough for them and is injury-prone.

I'd be disappointed if that was the swap done this month. And that's not even taking into account our own injury record.

2 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

He's been with six teams in nine years. 

Always rated him but I do wonder if he's trouble behind the scenes.

Yes I’m the same. Always thought he was going to be a star. I seem to remember some incident not that long ago but can’t remember the details. That being said having a slightly voalatile nature is a common trait in star players. 

46 minutes ago, stu said:

Do we we think this is directed at Youri and / or Madders?

Assuming this was from the press conference, why is Tanner reporting this now? Embargoed?

...no chance, he doesn't see Youri as an issue about money, more his need to play Champions League!!!

Youri  is about money, running down your contract provides a big slice of the pot when you sign on a free. Rodgers seems to want to protect him, he has been for 2 seasons. He would be scared to lose Madders,  he would never attempt to put Madders up against the club. He is looking at the soft targets, if any of them were to go, he would not lose any sleep over them.

3 hours ago, stu said:

Do we we think this is directed at Youri and / or Madders?

Assuming this was from the press conference, why is Tanner reporting this now? Embargoed?

I’d imagine more aimed at the likes of Soyuncu, Tielemans is playing well, in the team and clearly wants to be here. 
The reason for Soyuncu not being on the team was often he’s not training well. If he’s not putting in the effort and is running down his contract he needs moving on.

11 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

There’s a big part of that quote missing  “ “who have done so much for this club”

unfair to leave that bit out as it makes him sound like he’s having a dig at them  

Agree completely and can’t stand Rodgers. 

However, if we are struggling this much financially and the owners can’t back the club currently, then there is some truth in what he is saying.

I am intrigued to see if it is a financial issue or a FFP situation as we seem to be hearing different fronts and unfortunately we will not find out the truth until the summer where a new cycle of FFP begins.

Ultimately, if it is a financial issue then the owners need to find an investor. I don’t want KP to sell due to all the club have been through, but the premier league is a business and you can not afford to fall behind. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

can’t help but feel we would have been better off being sat in the bottom 3 now. The owners might have felt the need to really inject to pull us to safety. 

Get the feeling we probably still think we will be fine and that complacency might cost us. 

honestly.. the amount of stupidity from this comment is beyond words.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Simoken said:

honestly.. the amount of stupidity from this comment is beyond words.

I actually think he has a point.  We seem to be drifting toward relegation at the moment, yet there appears to be no urgency to rectify that as we sit 13th.  If we were bottom 3 you can bet your bottom dollar we would be at panic stations.

The worrying thing is that we are only 2 points above the drop...

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

IN:

LB Kristiansen £10m

RW Ouattara £18m

CB Atilla Szalai £18m

OUT:

Soyuncu - Loan to perm

Praet - £7m

Job Done

Bertrand - Retirement

Vestergaard - Glue Factory

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

I actually think he has a point.  We seem to be drifting toward relegation at the moment, yet there appears to be no urgency to rectify that as we sit 13th.  If we were bottom 3 you can bet your bottom dollar we would be at panic stations.

The worrying thing is that we are only 2 points above the drop...

How would wishing we would do worse, especially when its clear mgmt is slow to react, actually help?

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

How would wishing we would do worse, especially when its clear mgmt is slow to react, actually help?

I see your point to a degree.  I think what was said is that IF we were 2 points worse off then there would be more of a panic than where we are at the moment in 13th.  There is only 2 points difference between the 2 scenarios... 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

I see your point to a degree.  I think what was said is that IF we were 2 points worse off then there would be more of a panic than where we are at the moment in 13th.  There is only 2 points difference between the 2 scenarios... 

Yes, I see that point, but also note that we were bottom for a fair period and no action or even rumbles were forthcoming, but sure if we are in the bottom 3 with a low number of games remaining compared to how far from safety we are, or form seems beyond hope, then I expect the trigger would be pulled - its that threshold/how much credit he has, that people vary on I think