Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

January 2023

2 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

IN:

LB Kristiansen £10m

RW Ouattara £18m

CB Atilla Szalai £18m

OUT:

Soyuncu - Loan to perm

Praet - £7m

Job Done

Decent and Realistic list.  We need at least 3 to 4 players in Jan just to bed them in for next season as if we don't secure anyone in Jan we will be needing 8 or 9 in summer.

My concern is we are putting our faith in 3 younger players to see us through and avoid relegation.

Hopefully we can add vestegaard in OUT list and get one other in preferably a Centre Mid

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Tanner's piece in the Athletic today doesn't bode well for those of us excited by the prospect of signing Outarra and/or Le Fee

How will Brendan Rodgers and Leicester resolve their transfer window conundrum? - The Athletic

Tanner knows nothing. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t see us spending a lot this window, probs hardly anything but Tanner really does know nothing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

Tanner knows nothing. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t see us spending a lot this window, probs hardly anything but Tanner really does know nothing.

I'd always assumed so, but I'm less and less sure of that. For example, he states - with no qualification at all - that we could have signed Cody Gakpo last summer but chose (due to FFP no doubt) not to. I've not heard that from any source, credible or otherwise?

27 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Tanner's piece in the Athletic today doesn't bode well for those of us excited by the prospect of signing Outarra and/or Le Fee

How will Brendan Rodgers and Leicester resolve their transfer window conundrum? - The Athletic

Most of Foxestalk could have written the article with the information on here. He has to keep turning out content, so many of his pieces are just rehashing old news.

22 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Most of Foxestalk could have written the article with the information on here. He has to keep turning out content, so many of his pieces are just rehashing old news.

Maybe. Maybe not! It’ll be interesting to see if he breaks any news this window rather than, as you say, recycling other people’s content.

17 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Maybe. Maybe not! It’ll be interesting to see if he breaks any news this window rather than, as you say, recycling other people’s content.

I think, like the rest of us, he has notifications turned on for Percy tweets. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LestaLad said:

This. I've seen 40 minute videos with him for Beyond the 90 where it's painfully obvious how little connection he has to the club. I kind of feel bad for him because he's just trying to do his job, but it's obvious the club and / or people that work there don't talk to him. 

As we've seen time and time again, John Percy is the best for information for Leicester. There are some foreign mouthpieces who have also proved to be good, but when Percy writes something, it's relevant. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Simoken said:

honestly.. the amount of stupidity from this comment is beyond words.

cmon now, we are 2 points out of it.  If that meant the owners feel threatened enough to pump more investment in, of course in the long run we would improve more than 2 points. but get your digs in mate if it makes you feel better 

10 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Generally think our window will be Boga and some shite reserve LB from another prem club. We havent had one decent january since Rodgers has been here so cannot see it changing 

Can't bring anyone in if the club gives you no money.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Generally think our window will be Boga and some shite reserve LB from another prem club. We havent had one decent january since Rodgers has been here so cannot see it changing 

I'd genuinely take two loans for now - 1) Maguire and 2) Hutchinson from Chelsea

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

This. I've seen 40 minute videos with him for Beyond the 90 where it's painfully obvious how little connection he has to the club. I kind of feel bad for him because he's just trying to do his job, but it's obvious the club and / or people that work there don't talk to him. 

As we've seen time and time again, John Percy is the best for information for Leicester. There are some foreign mouthpieces who have also proved to be good, but when Percy writes something, it's relevant. 

Generally if I see it's from Tanner I take it with a pinch of salt.

8 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Faivre is available, a few posters here said he’s a good player but looks like he’s struggled recently: 

I did wonder if he might be surplus to requirements, such players are much easier to land in January than those clubs don't want to lose and we could probably get a loan deal sorted. We have been linked with him in the past.

He's a curious one, technically he's superb but his goals and assists have never been mind blowing at an inferior level. 

• Like 1

Pretty sure Chaka Traore is out of contract with Milan in the summer, watched some UEFA youth league and this lad is very good. I imagine if he doesn't stay at AC he'll go to a very big club

Daniel Ruiz is outstanding as well

Edited by Tommy Fresh
  • Like 1

All I can assume is that we need to either get people out for wage reasons or space reasons, it does feel like a repeat of recent windows where we have to get folks out before we can get people in.

Although it is only the 6th I guess :huh: