Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

January 2023

15 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Chelsea throw their money around like there's no tomorrow. Poor comparison. 

Yeah. Leeds would be a better comparison to highlight as they look like they’ve completed two deals. 

January is a difficult market and the recruitment team will be wanting to make the money work as hard as possible given the finite budget and 2, if not 3 positions to cover. 

1 hour ago, lcfc_forever said:

Yeah. Leeds would be a better comparison to highlight as they look like they’ve completed two deals. 

January is a difficult market and the recruitment team will be wanting to make the money work as hard as possible given the finite budget and 2, if not 3 positions to cover. 

And in the process will end up not getting any in and miss out on players that end of going for the sort of modest fee we were perceived to be looking to spend. We are a disgrace.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

And in the process will end up not getting any in and miss out on players that end of going for the sort of modest fee we were perceived to be looking to spend. We are a disgrace.

It’s been crap for some time but I’m being optimistic for this window - think we’ll get players in. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Sergio arribas 

Absolutely insane that he's still in the Castilla side, very much like Alex Collado at Barca a few years back, he's been horribly neglected by Real.

Sadly, although his technical ability would be massively appreciated here - he's that sort of left footed ACM that I could see Rodgers wanting as our elusive RW, no chance he gets a work permit.

• Like 1

Just go and get Romain Faivre. He's available and would even likely get him on loan with an option to buy for £15m. Its not worked out for him at Lyon as they got Tete soon after and Cherki is finally starting to shine.

This isn't a window to be spending all of it trying to get players on the cheap that their clubs don't want to lose, so go and get Faivre or Tsygankov for fcuk sake.

• Like 4

Can someone just pretend to be ITK about our transfer activity 😅?

I respect that the club likes to keep things close to their chests, but currently that means us fans haven't got the foggiest what our future as a club looks like.

What is our ambition? What are we trying to do about our current form and league position?

I honestly don't have a clue.

Edited by CloudFox
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

I respect that the club likes to keep things close to their chests, but currently that means us fans haven't got the foggiest what our future as a club looks like.

What is our ambition? What are we trying to do about our current form and league position?

Percy defo got told the Kristiansen link to act like the club is doing something.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

@Ric Flair Are you aware of Attila Szalai? He's a Hungarian CB for Fenerbache who's left sided and has played at LB as well. No rumours I can see of but he's shot up in value over the last 2 years with reliable stats and valued at €20m under contract to 2025.

8 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

@Ric Flair Are you aware of Attila Szalai? He's a Hungarian CB for Fenerbache who's left sided and has played at LB as well. No rumours I can see of but he's shot up in value over the last 2 years with reliable stats and valued at €20m under contract to 2025.

Yes, we've been linked a few times and would make sense if we only have the leg room for 1 defender who can cover CB and LB. Good player, whose aggressive and would add some robustness to a team of wet fannies.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CloudFox said:

If we do any deals, I guess they will be in a flurry at the end of the window. If we are shopping in the bargain basement or trying to maximise who we can get, we probably want to hold our nerve till the end. Otherwise other clubs get told the deal is going on, and prices start climbing first. 

That said in 2017 after we struggled badly post title win, Wilfred Ndidi was signed on 1st January and we knew about it early in December. Personally I expected us to have one or two ready to go because of the Fofana money and obvious improvement that the one signing that came in made to the first team. Given how many players are leaving / out of contract it would also be more sensible to bring in some players so we don't end up with 7 or 8 first teamers coming in and it being impossible to achieve any fluency. 

All of it points to obvious problems behind the scenes. I am convinced it will all come out some day, but not sure when. Rumours about wanting to sell up sound more than plausible. Another method would be to allow a 10% investment, that's something that even PSG are toying with, to bring in funds.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

If we do any deals, I guess they will be in a flurry at the end of the window. If we are shopping in the bargain basement or trying to maximise who we can get, we probably want to hold our nerve till the end. Otherwise other clubs get told the deal is going on, and prices start climbing first. 

That said in 2017 after we struggled badly post title win, Wilfred Ndidi was signed on 1st January and we knew about it early in December. Personally I expected us to have one or two ready to go because of the Fofana money and obvious improvement that the one signing that came in made to the first team. Given how many players are leaving / out of contract it would also be more sensible to bring in some players so we don't end up with 7 or 8 first teamers coming in and it being impossible to achieve any fluency. 

All of it points to obvious problems behind the scenes. I am convinced it will all come out some day, but not sure when. Rumours about wanting to sell up sound more than plausible. Another method would be to allow a 10% investment, that's something that even PSG are toying with, to bring in funds.

Yeah, getting the same feeling and think they're considering selling up. But the owners have got to be careful - as an asset, we're far more valuable being in the PL which is why I think there will be investment ultimately in this window in the squad. 

1 hour ago, DezFox said:

Do anyone genuinely think we might not sign anyone this window? 

Got the same feeling as I had early in the summer. Even though this window there is an obvious need for improvement I really don't think the money is there and its not down to FFP.

From what we can gather we are haggling over every last pound, even when selling. I really think we are in serious trouble as a club.