Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

January 2023

Other clubs seem to be getting their 'ducks in a row', but I feel we are going to get someone on loan on the 31st that will never play.  I would have thought any deals would have been done, due to 1 month off for the world cup.   You can live in hope it has been all done and they are just waiting to cross the T's and dot the I's, but our club would probably cross the I's and dot the T's.

Edited by Le Renard
  • Like 1

I can't see us bringing in anyone in, unless we off load and then panic buy. The last two planned signings were Daka and Soumare, and we knew they were done deals before the window opened, albeit not officially announced. With the time over the world cup, and now being a third of the way through the window with no sign of imminent incomings, I can't help but think we have no plans to sign anyone. 

5 minutes ago, Kent-Fox said:

Stop using Rudkin as the escape goat. 

I wish he would escape… I mean the man in charge of handing out all these ridiculous contracts whilst also sitting back allowing our actual sellable assets and half our squad to run down their contracts probably should get away free and unaccountable 

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Yes, we've been linked a few times and would make sense if we only have the leg room for 1 defender who can cover CB and LB. Good player, whose aggressive and would add some robustness to a team of wet fannies.

I had to laugh at the irony in how you put that 😂. I've been looking generally in Europe for all players in their positions but it's a computer game these days. Makes me wonder how much of a network we have in places like South America? Obviously not Brazil right now, might get a glock to the head.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dbtcity said:

It has all the signs of being the usual deadline day panic/fail… how Rudkin has lasted this long at the club continues to blow my mind 

Most of our problems stem from him and most of the stuff people blame Rodgers for is Rudkins fault 

• Like 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot
8 minutes ago, FoxOnWheels said:

My Grandad was a Director at the club 15 years ago and Rudkin was rates horrendously then

Top loves him.

5 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Top loves him.

It appears the club is still being run in an amateurish way, akin more to a struggling side than a team that's finished top 5 and top 10 in its last three seasons, and won the FA Cup. After we won the league, there was a real opportunity to move to the next level, whether the commercial, marketing, strategy sides but it's been slow progress.

There's too much loyalty - the achievements and potential of the club is huge now yet people are still in roles who can't match that opportunity. It's such a shame. 

The strength of a structure shows when one or two people move on, the club simply moves on and keeps going.

We've been lucky in choosing one or two individuals who've made a massive impact but when the processes they've laid down are left to rot, no one has come in to keep the momentum going. 

Edited by lcfc_forever

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Just go and get Romain Faivre. He's available and would even likely get him on loan with an option to buy for £15m. Its not worked out for him at Lyon as they got Tete soon after and Cherki is finally starting to shine.

This isn't a window to be spending all of it trying to get players on the cheap that their clubs don't want to lose, so go and get Faivre or Tsygankov for fcuk sake.

It's obvious already that this is what it's going to be. If we were serious we'd have something done already. But as expected it was all absolute guff.

That Kristiansen Percy spill would've never happened if we beat Fulham.

I'm expecting virtually nothing again. We have too many inept people in positions of power.

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 minute ago, lcfc_forever said:

It appears the club is still being run in an amateurish way, akin more to a struggling side than a team that's finished top 5 and top 10 in its last three seasons, and won the FA Cup. After we won the league, there was a real opportunity to move to the next level, whether the commercial, marketing, strategy sides but it's been slow progress.

There's too much loyalty - the achievements and potential of the club is huge now yet people are still in roles who can't match that opportunity. It's such a shame. 

The loyalty is to be admired really but some of the decisions are strange 

3 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

The loyalty is to be admired really but some of the decisions are strange 

The thing is if you want to keep someone on and show loyalty, you can do that and still improve.

If he loves him that much why is he not Managing Director or even a board member, surely he's getting to a stage where he'd like to do less for more money! 

That way he's still around and we can begin to build out a world class recruitment team.

2 minutes ago, Stadt said:

DoF is the most important position long term. You can sack managers and replace lots of players but if the person responsible isn't up to you continually repeat the same mistakes.

Allowing Rodgers to bring Congerton in (with his demonstrably bad record) was a red flag. As was the Adrien Silva debacle. As was still not signing a RW. As was not getting in a Head of Analytics after Sormaz was let go etc

Only have to look at how Arsenal and Newcastle have immeasurably improved with the hiring of Edu and Ashworth - they are clubs with big pockets but having that key personnel has made sure it's not pissed up the wall. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

Only have to look at how Arsenal and Newcastle have immeasurably improved with the hiring of Edu and Ashworth - they are clubs with big pockets but having that key personnel has made sure it's not pissed up the wall. 

See also Brighton and Ashworth. 

• Like 1

Transfers?

“The club are working hard behind the scenes. Hopefully we can tell you. There’s definitely a lot of work going on.”

What would happen if don't get deals done?

“It would just be a challenge. In the last two windows, we’ve signed one outfield player. If you go through a third one, it makes it a challenge. They’ve said there will be some funds. If we can use that and get players back, it could be a good season for us. Until then, I have to work with the players we have.”

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Transfers?

“The club are working hard behind the scenes. Hopefully we can tell you. There’s definitely a lot of work going on.”

What would happen if don't get deals done?

“It would just be a challenge. In the last two windows, we’ve signed one outfield player. If you go through a third one, it makes it a challenge. They’ve said there will be some funds. If we can use that and get players back, it could be a good season for us. Until then, I have to work with the players we have.”

Might be reading too much into this as you get a better idea from seeing the person and body language but BR seems fairly positive re. transfers - if he was concerned there would be no movement, I think he would be making clear his frustration as he has done before. But let's see. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Transfers?

Starting to sound like my Tuesday trading updates at work. 

11 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Might be reading too much into this as you get a better idea from seeing the person and body language but BR seems fairly positive re. transfers - if he was concerned there would be no movement, I think he would be making clear his frustration as he has done before. But let's see. 

If there's "definitely a lot of work going on" then that's quite a statement from mr negative.

Sounds like more than one signing is being brought then, thank f***