Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

January 2023

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...go into the search facility on here, and type in his name and you will see a host of FT posters talking about him!!!

Ahhh thanks 😊. Looks like 2 turned out to be one 2 many....

• Haha 1

I honestly can’t wrap my head around the club not having money to spend. How can we expect to compete with clubs around us with them spending £30/40 million on players and we can make one singing. Where has it gone!!!, we sold Fofana for a huge amount of money and only brought in Faes with it so where’s it all gone?.

We went from winning the league in 2016, Top 4 contenders consistently in for a few seasons and now we’ve absolutely plummeted as a club.

I’m genuinely worried for the future of this club, we’re an absolute mess from top to bottom. If we manage to stay up to this season then Top will have to look at investors to spend in the summer. Because with the current state of player contracts and players being shipped off we will bend to bring in 11/12 players in between now and then. 

I think there will be a point in time where Top will have to sell up which pains me to imagine. He’s just so out of his depth and with the pillocks around him like Rudkin and Whelan he don’t have a chance.

Team is crying out for reinforcements and genuine challenges to those in the starting eleven consistently. They're Simply picking up A wage and aren't at the level required. Really isn't good enough by the club, whether that's recruitment or owners not allowing spending remains to be seen. They are failing the playing and coaching staff by not acting In now multiple transfer windows. 

• Like 1

We are in desperate trouble. The board are letting us down as much as Rogers. The board have to power to change the situation, but they choose not to, in the meantime Rogers continues on his merry way, using his, get out of jail card” the team hasn’t invested in the playing squad. I hope I am wrong, I can see us being relegated and a club where no one with want to invest in, both financially and attracting new players!

• Like 2

So let me get this right, we got a new Head of Recruitment in September after buying one player as a replacement all summer.
He has then had 3 months to start putting things in motion for a team desperately in need of players and we are nearly 2 weeks into Jan and nothing?

We should have had deals lined up to go ASAP.

We are skint, its the only explanation. Martin Glover probably isn’t a real person either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dames said:

So let me get this right, we got a new Head of Recruitment in September after buying one player as a replacement all summer.
He has then had 3 months to start putting things in motion for a team desperately in need of players and we are nearly 2 weeks into Jan and nothing?

We should have had deals lined up to go ASAP.

We are skint, its the only explanation. Martin Glover probably isn’t a real person either.

Glover has absolutely nothing to do with the negotiations though, that's all on Rudkin and sometimes Whelan.

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Glover has absolutely nothing to do with the negotiations though, that's all on Rudkin and sometimes Whelan.

True but it shouldnt have taken him more than 2 months to present a list of targets that would be reasonably priced and improve the team for Rudkin to start negotiations from November onwards. I mean theres guys on here that can whip up a list of half decent prospects off the top of their heads. 

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I suspect he has done, we are an absolute disgrace. Rudkin has got to be scrutinised as much as Rodgers IMO.

Bang on. Its like he's paid to play wordle because he's not been doing much to ensure the proper running of the club over the past few seasons. 

24 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I suspect he has done, we are an absolute disgrace. Rudkin has got to be scrutinised as much as Rodgers IMO.

Rudkin, Rodgers, the medical team and for a solid 2 years, Kolo Toure. There was some logic in keeping Rodgers on after our first awful run this season, but evidently there isn't any sort of ruthlessness running throughout our football club at the moment. I'd say it's fair to assume that you won't have quite as many injuries as we've had this season, but there isn't even the slightest evidence of contingency planning by the looks of things. A competent footballing director foresees fragility within the club and has things in place to mediate damages if those things happen. 

This season is a mess, but the real (and hopefully final) test of their competence will come in the summer, when we have absolutely no excuses as so much of our deadwood will finally be out the door. If they aren't making positive moves then, I really think we're doomed. 

I know this will take a change of manager, but I think we need forward with a physical presence up top. 

also if the right winger is an issue let’s get a wingback in play with 2 up top and get cags back in the side.